You Are In Control. Who Replaces McCarthy?

MacReady

17 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I couldn't care less about "winning it all" in college. That's such a broken system.

He turned Gannon's career around in OAK (actually curious what Gannon thinks of him), he led Alex Smith and CK teams to the NfC championship and SB.

If he's available, he's pretty clearly the best coach thatd be available IMO.

6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

How many MVPs and SBs before 2002?

So Rodgers has those,  so your original stance that Jim Harbaugh could turn his career around is false

32 minutes ago, Leader said:

Well wait a minute Ghost.

We've supposedly got the second coming at QB.

Now look at this production:

Packers possessions after scoring their 2nd touchdown:
3 plays - 4 yards
4 plays - 21 yards
7 plays - 28 yards
4 plays - 9 yards
3 plays - (-12) yards
5 plays - 12 yards
Muffed punt

26 plays
62 yards
5 punts
1 turnover on downs
1 muffed punt

Now - I think our OL play sucks - but thats an uninformed opinion - but damn. Thats some seriously ***** production no?
The QB gets a pass on that?
Sure - if your name is Brett Hundley.

Now - you dont think AR shares some blame here - explain that production.

I believe Ghost was being facetious and directing it towards Outpost31.

I feel like this team needs a defensive minded head coach that is a smash mouth philosophy. Then let him hire an young energetic offensive mind to pit together an offense with help from Rodgers this season. Rodgers has a great mind of X's and O's let him have say in the offense.

2 minutes ago, hoekd0250 said:

I feel like this team needs a defensive minded head coach that is a smash mouth philosophy. Then let him hire an young energetic offensive mind to pit together an offense with help from Rodgers this season. Rodgers has a great mind of X's and O's let him have say in the offense.

Also if Jordy retires packers should bring him back as an assistant Coach advisory role for the wr's and bring some familiarity for Rodgers to talk too.

8 hours ago, Pugger said:

I believe Ghost was being facetious and directing it towards Outpost31.

That is correct.  For the record I do think Rodgers is playing poorly, but I think it's up to the head coach to find things that work in getting this turned around.  It's not happening .. the offense keeps sputtering, and McCarthy seems fairly clueless as to how to get things righted.  The offense has no identity.  It's been a mediocre unit for years now.  McCarthy keeps changing coordinators and coming up with the same results. 

Aaron Rodgers is not changing how he plays for any new head coach just like Brett Favre didn't. 

Everybody wants to say we need to do the same thing we did with Favre to Rodgers, but... Favre didn't change with McCarthy. 

He went from having a bunch of no name receivers to having Greg Jennings in his second year, James Jones, Donald Driver and Ryan Grant going off for 956 rushing yards and 8 touchdowns.

His coaching didn't change, his offense got more experienced and more talented. 

It's gonna be the same with Rodgers.  Don't know what makes people look at the way he's played this season and think a new coach will change him. 

How many times does a running back have to be open right in front of him, for him to pump and not throw and for him to take a sack instead of having thrown to the running back will it take before people see that Rodgers is Rodgers is Rodgers? 

This is it.  We got exactly what we deserve by turning him into what he is.  He is a QB that is so concerned with his TD/INT ratio it hurts the team in the same way Favre's disregard for it hurt this team.  That will never change. 

I'm sure somewhere early in Aaron's career he tried throwing to a RB and the RB didn't catch it, tipped it to a defender and now Rodgers will never do it. 

42 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

The offense has no identity.  It's been a mediocre unit for years now.  McCarthy keeps changing coordinators and coming up with the same results. 

I'd bet if you went through the drives you'd see more drives killed by Rodgers not being okay with the first open receiver and getting greedy than McCarthy's alleged ineptitude.

I'm not even arguing McCarthy should keep his job anymore.  I'm just arguing that things aren't going to change with a new OC. 

There is no offensive scheme in the world that is okay with its QB not passing to open receivers. 

18 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Look at who is liking your comments.  That tells you nothing?

I'm with Ray.  It's not just on Mac, but it's too far gone for Mac to save it.  It's a slow roster talent creep at the WR and TE position, slightly bouyed this year by Graham and some draft picks.

The offense at its core is very stale.  There are example of individual good plays, but not really examples of execution on a very solid game plan.  It's been quite a while since there's a solid execution on an offensive game plan vs a good team.

Execution overall still comes back to MM as a coach even if the individual grades go out to the players.

Archived