mdonnelly21

58 members have voted

1. 1. Best Team?

• Pittsburgh Steelers
    • Houston Texans
    • Chicago Bears
    • Los Angeles Chargers

On 11/21/2018 at 12:35 PM, game3525 said:

I am not a Gordon fan, but he is the best HB out of the bunch.

But he's playing at an almost identical level to James Conner. Even if he is better, (which I'd argue over actually having past production) the level of production change isn't something that would suddenly bouy the Chargers into a top 5 offense.

20 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

Excuse me if I don't think that 30+ against the Bills, Lions, and Buccaneers are impressive. The only 30+ point showing that is impressive is against the Pats. The reality is they've only put up 30+ four times, and twice were 40-burgers against really bad defenses. Yes, they are the outliers.

And I think any win within the AFC South is an impressive win as it's a competitive division.

AFCS is a terrible division especially in contrast to the NFCN or NFCS

A couple of things here...

Steelers are the second best road team in the NFL over the last two years at something like 14-1-1.

If we're bringing up the past,  the fact is the Chargers O wasn't as good as the Steelers O last year, nor this year. You're also acting like Fichtner hasn't called an infinitely better offense than Haley,

The Steelers were better on offense last year then the Chargers, but they aren't this year. The Chargers have a higher offensive DVOA, points per a drive, and explosive plays. The Steelers have the edge in volume and points per a game (which is partial due to the Carolina game and the Chargers being awful on special teams). I think the Steelers have a higher ceiling, but from game to game consistency I think the Chargers are better. 

But he's playing at an almost identical level to James Conner. Even if he is better, (which I'd argue over actually having past production) the level of production change isn't something that would suddenly bouy the Chargers into a top 5 offense.

His production this year is why they are a top 5 offense. They were 27th in rushing DVOA last year and this year they are 7th and that is why their offense has going from 7th in DVOA to 4th in offensive DVOA this season.

1 hour ago, BlaqOptic said:

A couple of things here...

Steelers are the second best road team in the NFL over the last two years at something like 14-1-1.

If we're bringing up the past,  the fact is the Chargers O wasn't as good as the Steelers O last year, nor this year. You're also acting like Fichtner hasn't called an infinitely better offense than Haley,

With the one loss coming to the 2017 Chicago Bears  led by John Fox, am I right?  Which is pretty much a worse version of the team we have this year.  Longshot, but I hope we meet yous in the SB.

Archived