Who's better between Pittsburgh, Chicago, San Diego & Houston

mdonnelly21

58 members have voted

1. 1. Best Team?

• Pittsburgh Steelers
    • Houston Texans
    • Chicago Bears
    • Los Angeles Chargers

Bears defense is legit imo.  But the Steelers are the best team on that list imo.  Can't say with a straight face right now they're better than KC, anyone who makes that argument is kind of foolish, I mean considering we actually lost to KC.  NE, well we'll see, that's going to be one of those 'any given Sunday' games, but obviously NE will be favored.

I trust Pittsburgh's offense more than Houstons, SD's, or Chicago's. 

19 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Special Teams:

1. Texans
    <Yes, the gap is for emphasis>
  2. Steelers
  3. Bears
  4. Chargers

I mean... Yipes. I would have never thought I'd see the day the Texans ST unit was considered the best of a group of four (let alone one of those four teams having ST wizard Dave Toub as their ST coach).

Is this a case of the Texans unit being good (it's improved by a LOT) or is everyone else bad? Admittedly, haven't watched much of the others' in this respect.

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

I mean... Yipes. I would have never thought I'd see the day the Texans ST unit was considered the best of a group of four (let alone one of those four teams having ST wizard Dave Toub as their ST coach).

Is this a case of the Texans unit being good (it's improved by a LOT) or is everyone else bad? Admittedly, haven't watched much of the others' in this respect.

The first part. Are you thinking of someone else or possibly forgetting that he is (sadly) no longer the Bears ST? Or should I just write this off as an old age moment? B|

It's a mixture of both. In light of the Mitch/Watson thread, I have been watching alot of Texans games lately and outside of kicking and leaving alot of points off the board, I have not seen many mistakes at all on either side of the ball unless I'm missing something. 

I have seen ST's nearly cost the Steelers games (including the Bucs game-- if Fitzpatrick was even just slightly competent, they come back and win that game thanks to ST's giving them good field position for stupid penalties, the 30 yard punts and klunkers off the goal posts).

Don't even get me started on the Bears ST's.....my god. They started out playing so well but have fallen apart to the point that I am still convinced that they will some how, some way keep us from making the playoffs. They have already cost us a game against the Patriots and have allowed others back in contention by making stupid mistakes and/or not doing their jobs (ie DET).

Likewise for the Chargers.....lost cause. Just ST's have potentially cost them 2 losses this year--or at the very least prevented them a chance to win (Chiefs, Rams(?) I believe). 

On 11/20/2018 at 10:15 PM, BlaqOptic said:

4.) Bears

I am not sold on them in the least to be honest, even after Sunday Night. I just don't believe in Trubisky or the offense enough. I think their Defense is elite. Best in the league. But not carry you through the post-season when we have 3 of the greatest offenses in NFL history all playing at the same time. I don't think their offense is as good as total points suggest but is bouyed by two huge performances. Also don't think the razzle dazzle that Nagy employs can work in the post-season.

The offense itself (not including defensive scores) since week 4 has scored 30+ 3/7 games.  Has scored no less than 24 points.  HAS NOT TRAILED SINCE WEEK 5.  HAS ONLY TRAILED IN REGULATION IN 3 GAMES ALL YEAR.  The offense is as good as the numbers suggest.  And every teams ppg is bolstered by 1 or 2 big time performances.  Its confirmation bias to say the Bears are outliers and everyone else is normal.  In fact since week 3 (not sure if it's still true after Monday Night or not) The only team that has scored.more than the Bears is the Saints.

And what quality wins do the Texans have?

On 11/22/2018 at 8:03 AM, Superman(DH23) said:

The offense itself (not including defensive scores) since week 4 has scored 30+ 3/7 games.  Has scored no less than 24 points.  HAS NOT TRAILED SINCE WEEK 5.  HAS ONLY TRAILED IN REGULATION IN 3 GAMES ALL YEAR.  The offense is as good as the numbers suggest.  And every teams ppg is bolstered by 1 or 2 big time performances.  Its confirmation bias to say the Bears are outliers and everyone else is normal.  In fact since week 3 (not sure if it's still true after Monday Night or not) The only team that has scored.more than the Bears is the Saints.

And what quality wins do the Texans have?

Excuse me if I don't think that 30+ against the Bills, Lions, and Buccaneers are impressive. The only 30+ point showing that is impressive is against the Pats. The reality is they've only put up 30+ four times, and twice were 40-burgers against really bad defenses. Yes, they are the outliers.

And I think any win within the AFC South is an impressive win as it's a competitive division.

On 11/21/2018 at 6:11 PM, game3525 said:

I don't see how the Steelers offense is more trustworthy then the Chargers given Pittsburgh history on the road the last couple of years. 

A couple of things here...

Steelers are the second best road team in the NFL over the last two years at something like 14-1-1.

If we're bringing up the past,  the fact is the Chargers O wasn't as good as the Steelers O last year, nor this year. You're also acting like Fichtner hasn't called an infinitely better offense than Haley,

Archived