What would the score be of matchup between Kansas City against Saints

mdonnelly21

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Kansas City Chiefs
    • New Orleans Saints

3 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Well I think everyone would rather play at home. It's the reason home field advantage in the playoffs is so coveted.  

Theres a narrative that Brees and the Saints are a completely different team on the road, and that's not entirely true.  Most QBs are better at home, including Ben and Rodgers, who play outside and up north.

The Saints may have an abnormal disadvantage in bad weather, but I don't think they have an abnormal disadvantage on the road.

Edit:  And by the way, that Chicago game was in the dome.

Yeah your right it was at home. On the road the Saints are way more run heavy than they are at home. To me when the Saints are at home they are either balanced or more pass heavy. On the road they are run heavy unless its a shootout then that forces them to throw more. You talk about what happened In Cincy. They ran the ball almost 50 times. Last season at Buffalo they ran the ball almost 50 times. Now for the Saints those two teams couldnt stop the run and the Saints scored 40+ without having to throw much. But when at home to me it seems like they throw the ball more or at the very least have a balanced attack. 

6 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Everyone said the same thing last year before the Saints/Rams game.

Yeah but we know the built in excuse was the Saints was missing both their starting corners. I said after that game and Ill say it now, it wasnt the Saints missing their starting corners that hurt them, the offense didnt show up. Since people are saying nobody wants to go to New Orleans to play the Saints in the Superdome, Ill say the Saints dont want to go on the road PERIOD in the playoffs. 1-4 on the road in the playoffs losing to Grossman, 7-9 Seahawks, Smith, and Keenum. If the Saints have to go to LA especially if that atmosphere is going to be as crazy as it was last night, its going to be tough for the Saints. Not saying the Saints cant win, but its going to be tough. 

1 minute ago, stl4life07 said:

Yeah but we know the built in excuse was the Saints was missing both their starting corners. I said after that game and Ill say it now, it wasnt the Saints missing their starting corners that hurt them, the offense didnt show up. Since people are saying nobody wants to go to New Orleans to play the Saints in the Superdome, Ill say the Saints dont want to go on the road PERIOD in the playoffs. 1-4 on the road in the playoffs losing to Grossman, 7-9 Seahawks, Smith, and Keenum. If the Saints have to go to LA especially if that atmosphere is going to be as crazy as it was last night, its going to be tough for the Saints. Not saying the Saints cant win, but its going to be tough. 

This had nothing to do with my point. 

My point was that while everyone is claiming "this would be a shoot out" are forgetting the old saying "...on any given Sunday" while also ignoring that each team plays each other differentially that others. 

Just now, JustAnotherFan said:

No. what? That both teams don't have a common theme as others?

No, as in, Rams v Saints last year is nowhere near equivalent to Rams v Saints this year, or Saints v Chiefs, or anything else really.  It is much more likely for last year's Rams and Saints teams to be held to low scores than this year's.  

Just now, Jlowe22 said:

No, as in, Rams v Saints last year is nowhere near equivalent to Rams v Saints this year, or Saints v Chiefs, or anything else really.  It is much more likely for last year's Rams and Saints teams to be held to low scores than this year's.  

You are missing the point entirely. Every year we have teams with high scoring offenses that look like they will score 100 points on paper. Only to find out the opposite. Likewise with 2 teams with good defenses going head to head and then find out the offense light it up.

It happens all the time. 

2 hours ago, Raves said:

54-35 Saints

Brees can still win shootouts, the Saints don't turn the ball over, they get turnovers, and the Saints would also be willing to run the ball more controlling the pace of the game keeping it from getting too out of hand.

You seriously think they would win by that much? Come on dude that is so disrespectful lol. This game would literally what we saw last night. 

1 minute ago, JustAnotherFan said:

You are missing the point entirely. Every year we have teams with high scoring offenses that look like they will score 100 points on paper. Only to find out the opposite. Likewise with 2 teams with good defenses going head to head and then find out the offense light it up.

It happens all the time. 

I'm not missing the point.  Defenses are atrocious across the board this year, and offenses are better.  It is highly unlikely Saints v Chiefs would not be a high scoring game. 

But sure, it's the NFL.  I suppose the chances aren't zero.

2 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

I'm not missing the point.  Defenses are atrocious across the board this year, and offenses are better.  It is highly unlikely Saints v Chiefs would not be a high scoring game. 

But sure, it's the NFL.  I suppose the chances aren't zero.

Again, Everyone said the same thing last year about the Saints and Rams game.

Just now, JustAnotherFan said:

Again, Everyone said the same thing last year about the Saints and Rams game.

Again, last year is completely different than this year.  Saints v Chiefs is much more likely to be high scoring than Saints v Rams last year.

Archived