1. 1. Who Wins?

• Kansas City Chiefs
    • New Orleans Saints

1 minute ago, mdonnelly21 said:

Let's say on a Neutral field. 

What do you think the score would be? 

I would go 47-40 Saints. 

54-35 Saints

Brees can still win shootouts, the Saints don't turn the ball over, they get turnovers, and the Saints would also be willing to run the ball more controlling the pace of the game keeping it from getting too out of hand.

I don't know, but it'd be a shootout for sure.  Saints have the better defense(can't believe I'm saying that), but Tyreek Hill, and Kelce would completely torch us.  

It'd come down to turnovers, and thus far, Saints are better in the category.

13 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

I don't know, but it'd be a shootout for sure.  Saints have the better defense(can't believe I'm saying that), but Tyreek Hill, and Kelce would completely torch us.  

It'd come down to turnovers, and thus far, Saints are better in the category.

For the record, prior to that really uncharacteristic Rams game, we were actually tied in offensive turnovers with the Saints, and had a better turnover differential as we had (and still have) more turnovers forced on D (we're actually still just one apart there in differential, with us at +4 and you guys at +5.) Now, that game happened, I just want it to be known that that's very far from the norm for us.

1 minute ago, Jakuvious said:

For the record, prior to that really uncharacteristic Rams game, we were actually tied in offensive turnovers with the Saints, and had a better turnover differential as we had (and still have) more turnovers forced on D (we're actually still just one apart there in differential, with us at +4 and you guys at +5.) Now, that game happened, I just want it to be known that that's very far from the norm for us.

Yes, we have fumbled a lot. I didn't actually know the total count, but I assumed it wasn't enough to make up for the INTs.

Depends on where they are playing at. If its in the Superdome I could see both teams scoring no less than 35pts. If its at Arrowhead I can legit see the Saints scoring no more than 28pts and the Chiefs scoring no less than 30pts.

I know people talk about the Saints offense being invincible but for the most part thats in the Superdome. They scored 45pts against the Rams in the Superdome. Last season that same Saints team went to LA and scored 20pts. The Saints are a different team on the road than home. Now maybe the Chiefs secondary being so bad could help the Saints score more points but Arrowhead stadium is so hard to play in that it could help the Chiefs defense in a major way.

7 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Depends on where they are playing at. If its in the Superdome I could see both teams scoring no less than 35pts. If its at Arrowhead I can legit see the Saints scoring no more than 28pts and the Chiefs scoring no less than 30pts.

I know people talk about the Saints offense being invincible but for the most part thats in the Superdome. They scored 45pts against the Rams in the Superdome. Last season that same Saints team went to LA and scored 20pts. The Saints are a different team on the road than home. Now maybe the Chiefs secondary being so bad could help the Saints score more points but Arrowhead stadium is so hard to play in that it could help the Chiefs defense in a major way.

Drew and the Saints are lighting teams up this year on the road.

7 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Saints just scored 51 in Ohio.  

Last year doesn't matter at all, Saints are undefeated on the road this year.

@Yin-Yang @Jlowe22 Im not saying they cant go on the road drop 35+pts. Im saying they arent the same team on the road that they are at home. But its not a knock on them to say that they are a different team away from the dome. How many teams are different away from their own stadium? How many dome teams are different when they have to play outside? Plus we are talking about the score and not winning. You can win games without scoring 35+pts. The Saints have won a game last season at Chicago 20-12. They didnt light the scoreboard up but they still won. Plus again Arrowhead stadium is a tough place to play just ask Tom Brady. If the Saints had to play in that stadium I wouldnt just assume they score the points they would score if the game was in the Superdome. 

10 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

@Yin-Yang @Jlowe22 Im not saying they cant go on the road drop 35+pts. Im saying they arent the same team on the road that they are at home. But its not a knock on them to say that they are a different team away from the dome. How many teams are different away from their own stadium? How many dome teams are different when they have to play outside? Plus we are talking about the score and not winning. You can win games without scoring 35+pts. The Saints have won a game last season at Chicago 20-12. They didnt light the scoreboard up but they still won. Plus again Arrowhead stadium is a tough place to play just ask Tom Brady. If the Saints had to play in that stadium I wouldnt just assume they score the points they would score if the game was in the Superdome. 

Well I think everyone would rather play at home. It's the reason home field advantage in the playoffs is so coveted.  

Theres a narrative that Brees and the Saints are a completely different team on the road, and that's not entirely true.  Most QBs are better at home, including Ben and Rodgers, who play outside and up north.

The Saints may have an abnormal disadvantage in bad weather, but I don't think they have an abnormal disadvantage on the road.

Edit:  And by the way, that Chicago game was in the dome.

Archived