What would the score be of matchup between Kansas City against Saints

mdonnelly21

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Kansas City Chiefs
    • New Orleans Saints

3 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

The Saints defense has actually been pretty good recently. Rankins is having a pro bowl caliber season and Cam Jordan continues to be one of the best defensive players in the league. Davenport looks like a guy who will be a very good DE for a long time. 

I think that people remember the Fitzmagic destruction of the Saints defense week 1 but fail to realize that the Saints defense has improved considerably since that time. Since week 2, the Saints defense has give up 21 points per game. 

The biggest reason is better communication within the secondary, Eli Apple being a significant upgrade to the #2 CB spot, and Anzalone/Davis being the best LB combo the Saints have had since Vilma/Fujita. 

I think that the Saints matchup surprisingly well with the Chiefs offense. The Saints have been one of the top run defending units in the league all season, they play surprisingly well against opposing TEs (limited Ertz to 2 catches Sunday), and Lattimore has the ability to significantly limit an opposing teams #1 WR. 

You sound like the Chief fans a week prior. Their D was looking real solid, but that’s only

because they’ve played bad teams ala you guys sans the rams game. Look my guy, if you think the saints D matches up with any of these high powered offense! Then you’re just Kuku for these coco puffs. Saints D is trash and you know it, damm near choked away a 21 point lead. Oh you beat the crappy eagles and now you think your D is “improved”? Nah B. Nah not at all. But we’ll see what happens this Thursday against the inconsistent Falcons. 

16 minutes ago, Riftty said:

I love how the saints fans are trying to sell their defense lol. Their defense allowed 35 points at home to the Rams. That game was a lot closer than saints fans are willing to admit.

Give me KC 48-38 even in the Superdome

Pretty sure none of us are touting the Saints defense as "good". Improved? Absolutely. 

3 minutes ago, El ramster said:

You sound like the Chief fans a week prior. Their D was looking real solid, but that’s only

because they’ve played bad teams ala you guys sans the rams game. Look my guy, if you think the saints D matches up with any of these high powered offense! Then you’re just Kuku for these coco puffs. Saints D is trash and you know it, damm near choked away a 21 point lead. Oh you beat the crappy eagles and now you think your D is “improved”? Nah B. Nah not at all. But we’ll see what happens this Thursday against the inconsistent Falcons. 

Lucky for the Saints neither the Rams or Chiefs have defenses that much up with high powered offenses either. Pretty sure that "trash" defense was enough to beat those bozo Rams 9_9

I plugged this theoretical matchup into my model for games and the average score was New Orleans 38-35 Kansas City on a neutral field. Obviously that's a little low-scoring (ha) for what some people are saying, but that'll happen with the average of a large sample. I have to agree though. I think Payton would run the ball a little more than either coach did on Monday night to control the clock, particularly in the second half, which would force the Chiefs to do the same if they gathered a lead, resulting in some obviously longer drives and less scores (but still 73 combined points). 

15 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Yet your Rams couldn't keep up with the Saints lol

13 minutes ago, El ramster said:

...if you think the saints D matches up with any of these high powered offense! Then you’re just Kuku for these coco puffs. Saints D is trash and you know it, damm near choked away a 21 point lead.

Reading this thread, it seems like beating KC was so effective for the Rams that their fans have forgotten that they did actually lose in NO. Look - odds are you're gonna get another shot at us in 2 months at your place. Stakes will be a lot higher then. Let's see what we see, shall we? 9_9

On another note, this thread was about a hypothetical KC - NO matchup. Given the schedules, that can only happen in the bowl which presupposes an outcome of NO@LAR, doesn't it? ;) Also playing in Atlanta in February - man I'll take that, defenses and records aside. Give me some Saints superbowls in the Falcon's house.

34 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Nobody is more critical of Saints defenses than Saints fans. But I give credit where credit is due...they’ve been blowing out teams and the defense has been average since week 2. An average Saints defense is really bad news for the rest of the NFL. We’ll see if they can keep it up...but they certainly aren’t trash. 

Reminds that we have to fulfill the sig bet. 

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

Nobody is more critical of Saints defenses than Saints fans. But I give credit where credit is due...they’ve been blowing out teams and the defense has been average since week 2. An average Saints defense is really bad news for the rest of the NFL. We’ll see if they can keep it up...but they certainly aren’t trash. 

Reminds that we have to fulfill the sig bet. 

Honestly right this second the saints are the best team in the NFL hands down. Playing at a high level, but their defense is no where near a healthy rams one.. Or have the playmakers.. But you could say whatever you want as they beat the rams, but the saints D is just as suspect if not more. 

8 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Honestly right this second the saints are the best team in the NFL hands down. Playing at a high level, but their defense is no where near a healthy rams one.. Or have the playmakers.. But you could say whatever you want as they beat the rams, but the saints D is just as suspect if not more. 

The Rams defense should be better on paper, but they're not.  We have no Aaron Donald, but we do have several guys that can disrupt the QB and make plays.  

1 minute ago, Jlowe22 said:

The Rams defense should be better on paper, but they're not.  We have no Aaron Donald, but we do have several guys that can disrupt the QB and make plays.  

All of them combined aren't half as disruptive as Donald and those are facts. 

3 minutes ago, El ramster said:

All of them combined aren't half as disruptive as Donald and those are facts. 

No, but all of them combined are capable of propelling Saints defense into average territory, while Donald still has no help.

17 minutes ago, El ramster said:

The Rams defense hasn’t been good, at all. You think Talib alone is fixing that? Peters is still a bum. Suh looks washed, DEs giving nothing in terms of pass rush. Bad LBs. The Rams have a lot of names.

Archived