What would the score be of matchup between Kansas City against Saints

mdonnelly21

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Kansas City Chiefs
    • New Orleans Saints

3 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

You are missing the point entirely. Every year we have teams with high scoring offenses that look like they will score 100 points on paper. Only to find out the opposite. Likewise with 2 teams with good defenses going head to head and then find out the offense light it up.

It happens all the time. 

This is a very poor argument to be making after everything that has happened this season. You're pointing to one game last year that still had a decent amount of scoring (26-20 isn't a shootout, but that's not a defensive game either, and if either team was competent that day in the red zone it would've been way higher), but I can very easily point to 3+ games this season that were projected to be high scoring that were. KC/NE, KC/LAR, and NO/LAR. Odds are, it would be a high scoring game. No one is saying it's 100%, just that it's very likely. You're acting like since it is physically possible that it's not high scoring, that it should be treated as equally likely.

Like honestly, do you think it would be a defensive game? If so, say why. Not just repeating that once, last year, a projected high scoring game wasn't.

5 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

The Saints are a different team on the road than home

I'd say this was true a couple of years ago. But after our transition to a more run based offense I'd say it's not the case anymore. People are just repeating the narrative. For the longest time i'd say it was right....not so much now.  

It would be a closer game than most people think. The Chiefs have made some remarkable comebacks this season. For whatever reason they always seem to shoot themselves in the foot multiple times in big games, and yet they always come roaring back to life. I think it would be a close shootout between Saints & Chiefs.

7 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

You seriously think they would win by that much? Come on dude that is so disrespectful lol. This game would literally what we saw last night. 

Only because I expect the Chiefs to turnover the ball that leads to Saints scores while I don't think the Saints would provide the same opportunities to the Chiefs and with how fast the Chiefs run their offense I think it gives the Saints that many more chances to score, which I think they would be successful because damn that Chiefs defense is trash without Berry.

10 hours ago, El ramster said:

Chiefs take it. Saints don’t have anyone near as good as Donald. 

Rams had 5 Tos and barely  one. You think the saints could get 2 TO? Let alone 5 LOL.

those bozos get lit up more then a spoon on Demi’s house. 

The Saints defense has actually been pretty good recently. Rankins is having a pro bowl caliber season and Cam Jordan continues to be one of the best defensive players in the league. Davenport looks like a guy who will be a very good DE for a long time. 

I think that people remember the Fitzmagic destruction of the Saints defense week 1 but fail to realize that the Saints defense has improved considerably since that time. Since week 2, the Saints defense has give up 21 points per game. 

The biggest reason is better communication within the secondary, Eli Apple being a significant upgrade to the #2 CB spot, and Anzalone/Davis being the best LB combo the Saints have had since Vilma/Fujita. 

I think that the Saints matchup surprisingly well with the Chiefs offense. The Saints have been one of the top run defending units in the league all season, they play surprisingly well against opposing TEs (limited Ertz to 2 catches Sunday), and Lattimore has the ability to significantly limit an opposing teams #1 WR. 

I think right now, this week, the Saints win this matchup almost every time, something like 7-8 out of 10. That's also regardless of location. Put it in Arrowhead in a snowstorm in December and you lower the point total for both teams but I bet we still win. We're just crazy tough to beat right now for some reason, in the dome or elsewhere, and football things are bouncing our way (see: Ravens kicker and the PAT). That could change any day. We have Atlanta coming to visit on Thursday and we could very well lose that game. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if they beat us rather convincingly at home, especially being from the NFCS. But right now, man. I wouldn't want to play the Saints anywhere, especially if you're a team that isn't in the South.

That's not to say KC isn't a great team (or LAR). I'd never predict a game against other of those teams in hostile or friendly territory to be a blowout. The way we are today, though, I have to believe we win either game. Sometimes in football teams that you don't necessarily expect to be so tough just are. We're those guys right now, today. Maybe tomorrow it's different. Who knows? But I wouldn't bet against the Saints until we revert to week 1 or 2 form. As a fan, I hope we save that kind of play for March. ;) As a long-time Saints fan.... well, you know. Any given Sunday (or Thursday).

2 minutes ago, Riftty said:

I love how the saints fans are trying to sell their defense lol. Their defense allowed 35 points at home to the Rams. That game was a lot closer than saints fans are willing to admit.

Give me KC 48-38 even in the Superdome

Well, it's better than handing a team 51 points at home.

9 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

This is a very poor argument to be making after everything that has happened this season. You're pointing to one game last year that still had a decent amount of scoring (26-20 isn't a shootout, but that's not a defensive game either, and if either team was competent that day in the red zone it would've been way higher), but I can very easily point to 3+ games this season that were projected to be high scoring that were. KC/NE, KC/LAR, and NO/LAR. Odds are, it would be a high scoring game. No one is saying it's 100%, just that it's very likely. You're acting like since it is physically possible that it's not high scoring, that it should be treated as equally likely.

Like honestly, do you think it would be a defensive game? If so, say why. Not just repeating that once, last year, a projected high scoring game wasn't.

Exactly. It's about probability. The chances of two high-scoring offenses engaging in a shootout is likely, not certain. Just because the roll of the dice landed on a moderately high scoring game once doesn't mean it negates the likelihood of a shootout being possible.

Hypothetically, if we could watch the same match up 10 times and could wager on the high scoring outcome every game I'd probably be right around 70% of the time.

Archived