Kumerow Activated

JQ1

6 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Kumerow sure seems like a boring call up. On the other hand it was pick 2 of Davis, Kumerow, Murphy.

Without knowing how:

A. Cobb is feeling with his injury
B. The internal temperature on ESB/Moore
C. Murphy is feeling with his injury
It's hard to really feel like you've got a good grasp on the state of this team right now. This may have just been a use it or lose it call up. Minimally you sure would like to see another DL called up, even if it is just a pressure package guy. 

Thats what I was wondering. Havent read anything current about his status. If Cobb's down and Graham cant make a decent / productive go of it - it makes sense to have another WR around. (presuming there's no intention to give Davis snaps there).

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Thats what I was wondering. Havent read anything current about his status. If Cobb's down and Graham cant make a decent / productive go of it - it makes sense to have another WR around. (presuming there's no intention to give Davis snaps there).

Yes, Cobb's injury must be more severe than they are letting on.  He's missed, what, 5 games in 7 weeks?  He's been MIA for a big chunk of the season and his absence isn't helping Rodgers and his comfort zone.  I hope Kumerow will perform like we saw before he got hurt in the preseason.

18 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Honestly I’m glad to see what he can do before next season even if the packers don’t make the playoffs. If he can’t contribute and Cobb is gone, WR is a need IMO

I was thinking along the same lines.  If he shows what we hope he can show from the slot, there will be no need to even talk to Cobb in UFA.  

The season is on the brink, and with Graham now iffy I get the logic behind activating Kumerow.  The offense needs whatever kind of boost it can get at this point, so I can only hope Rodgers man crush on Kumerow carries over from the pre-season.  The trust factor seemed to be there with Kumerow in the pre-season, and I think Rodgers is looking for that more than anything from the new WR's.

13 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Wasn't Cobb practicing yesterday morning?  Maybe he'll be active Sunday night?  If Graham can't go we'll need Cobb and Kumerow along with Adams and our rookie WRs.

Yesterdays practice report:

Randall Cobb (hamstring) did a few early individual drills and then jumped on the elliptical.
Not practicing were:
Kevin King (hamstring) 
Bashaud Breeland (groin)
Raven Greene (ankle)
Nick Perry (knee)
Lucas Patrick (concussion)
Mike Daniels (foot)

What we are all looking for from Kumerow is exactly what J Nelson could have been doing here. Possession receiver, on the same page with AR. That is why I believe Rodgers was upset about the move. And I know he got slow, but he could still get open in short spaces. Cobb has been pretty useless so far.

I hope Jake makes waves. I like his determination.

25 minutes ago, Norse65 said:

What we are all looking for from Kumerow is exactly what J Nelson could have been doing here. Possession receiver, on the same page with AR. That is why I believe Rodgers was upset about the move. And I know he got slow, but he could still get open in short spaces. Cobb has been pretty useless so far.

I hope Jake makes waves. I like his determination.

Yeah, I was in favor of keeping Jordy over Cobb.  Jordy was so good at finding the soft spot in zone defense and I like his size in the slot...

But it's too easy to say that Gute made the wrong decision just because Cobb got hurt.  Cobb was productive as well, and younger.  

I'd absolutely love to see 16 go off.  A young core of 16, 17, 19, 81, and 83 could be excellent for the next 5 years.

17 minutes ago, Cheech said:

Yeah, I was in favor of keeping Jordy over Cobb.  Jordy was so good at finding the soft spot in zone defense and I like his size in the slot...

But it's too easy to say that Gute made the wrong decision just because Cobb got hurt.  Cobb was productive as well, and younger.  

I'd absolutely love to see 16 go off.  A young core of 16, 17, 19, 81, and 83 could be excellent for the next 5 years.

You forgot to add 85.

1 hour ago, Cheech said:

In all honesty, I want to see:

17      16                          85         83

I think that is a group that is balanced and explosive.  

I'd rather go with:

15     1                               18     11

Kumerow is going to have like a 7 catch game for 87 yards and a key TD. 

Aaron Rodgers is going to be spotted smiling. 

It's going to be that galvanizing moment he talked about.  We'll be up by 4 points and Rodgers will hit Kumerow for a 27 yard TD and yell and cheer and shout and smile high fiving everyone on the way to celebrate with Kumerow in the endzone, and as Rodgers runs off the field, the emotion will cause him to hug McCarthy.  McCarthy will look stunned and emotional, his face will turn beet red and he'll keep smiling like a smitten girl while looking back as Rodgers continues high fiving everyone on the sideline, but he will also try to focus on the game because there are still 3 minutes left and he has to keep focused. 

It will be seen as the turning point in Packer history and everyone will mention how the Packers were talking about firing McCarthy in the offseason and how poor a decision that would have been while reflecting on three more Rodgers/McCarthy Super Bowls.

It all starts with Kumerow.  Kumerow will have a decent career of 256 receptions and get phased out by better, younger talent, but in sports bars 30 years from now, when Packer fans notice Packer fans and they get to talking, there will always be that question, "You remember Kumerow?" and the other fan will fondly recall the day everything changed in Green Bay. 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Kumerow is going to have like a 7 catch game for 87 yards and a key TD. 

Aaron Rodgers is going to be spotted smiling. 

It's going to be that galvanizing moment he talked about.  We'll be up by 4 points and Rodgers will hit Kumerow for a 27 yard TD and yell and cheer and shout and smile high fiving everyone on the way to celebrate with Kumerow in the endzone, and as Rodgers runs off the field, the emotion will cause him to hug McCarthy.  McCarthy will look stunned and emotional, his face will turn beet red and he'll keep smiling like a smitten girl while looking back as Rodgers continues high fiving everyone on the sideline, but he will also try to focus on the game because there are still 3 minutes left and he has to keep focused. 

It will be seen as the turning point in Packer history and everyone will mention how the Packers were talking about firing McCarthy in the offseason and how poor a decision that would have been while reflecting on three more Rodgers/McCarthy Super Bowls.

It all starts with Kumerow.  Kumerow will have a decent career of 256 receptions and get phased out by better, younger talent, but in sports bars 30 years from now, when Packer fans notice Packer fans and they get to talking, there will always be that question, "You remember Kumerow?" and the other fan will fondly recall the day everything changed in Green Bay. 

PREACH IT, Outpost! You instantly made me feel better about this game. I hope you are right and would willingly eat crow for every bad thing I said about MM if it came to pass.

I want to pick up Kumerow and start him this week now.

Archived