• #6 Oklahoma @ #13 West Virginia
    • #16 Washington @ #8 Washington State
    • #4 Michigan @ #10 Ohio State
    • Georgia Tech @ #5 Georgia
    • Auburn @ #1 Alabama
    • South Carolina @ #2 Clemson
    • #3 Notre Dame @ USC

4 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Alright, so we need Texas to beat OU, Alabama to beat Georgia and Northwestern to beat Ohio State and we'll get the UCF playoff bid, right?

You'd have to think there needs to be an LSU loss in there as well.  I think a Milton-less UCF team is hard to put ahead of LSU especially given the fact that UCF is behind LSU right now.

Just now, CWood21 said:

You'd have to think there needs to be an LSU loss in there as well.  I think a Milton-less UCF team is hard to put ahead of LSU especially given the fact that UCF is behind LSU right now.

I also think it's hard to put a 2 loss non-conference champion that lost by 29 to Alabama in the CFP. 

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I also think it's hard to put a 2 loss non-conference champion that lost by 29 to Alabama in the CFP. 

TBH I don't think the committee holds teams too hard to losing to a team that's ahead of you.  Someone had to lose.  Michigan is 4th and they lost to Notre Dame.  Georgia is 5th and they lost to Alabama.  A loss to Alabama isn't necessarily a bad thing.  Alabama is just a really fricking good team.  I think you're splitting hairs between Michigan and Georgia going into today.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

TBH I don't think the committee holds teams too hard to losing to a team that's ahead of you.  Someone had to lose.  Michigan is 4th and they lost to Notre Dame.  Georgia is 5th and they lost to Alabama.  A loss to Alabama isn't necessarily a bad thing.  Alabama is just a really fricking good team.  I think you're splitting hairs between Michigan and Georgia going into today.

I dunno. LSU didn't show anything in that game that tells me that they belong in the CFP.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I dunno. LSU didn't show anything in that game that tells me that they belong in the CFP.

I'm not saying I agree, I'm just saying to me it's pretty damn clear the committee doesn't hold losses against someone higher than you too hard against you.  Michigan lost to Notre Dame, they were ranked 4th.  Georgia lost to Alabama, they were ranked 5th.  LSU lost to Alabama they were ranked 7th.  The loss against Florida hurt significantly more.

Just now, CWood21 said:

I'm not saying I agree, I'm just saying to me it's pretty damn clear the committee doesn't hold losses against someone higher than you too hard against you.  Michigan lost to Notre Dame, they were ranked 4th.  Georgia lost to Alabama, they were ranked 5th.  LSU lost to Alabama they were ranked 7th.  The loss against Florida hurt significantly more.

Georgia lost to LSU, not Bama.

Archived