Week 12 GDT: Titans @ Texans

TitanLegend

4 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

I say it again I still would bring back Morgan & rack not as starters but cheap 1 yr deals as situational rushers & depth. We need to draft rushers next yr 1st 3 rounds no doubt, but like I said it’s proven when you have D line depth & can keep bodies fresh you get better results out your D line. Haynesworth, Brown, Jones, vandenbosch, ball, Ford we always had guys who weren’t elite or system only players that produced.

First thing is we need to correct an error and re-sign Aaron Wallace.  That dude's pass rush was INSANE.  Then find another beast to put on that D-line to pair up with Casey.  The other guys are alright, but we need another impact player there.

It sucks having to admit we just arnt that good in a lot of areas. It’s worse admitting that coaching is still an issue. 

Lafluer is a rookie so I guess we have to cut him some slack but he’s just too predictable. A ton of runs on first down. Doesn’t throw to set up the run. Doesn’t consistently try to get the best player involved. He limits this offense. Taywan Taylor isn’t anything special but I don’t get how we took deep shots with him all year just to watch him drop everything but Batson in a very small sample size has caught his passes but isn’t used the same way that’s Taylor is used.

I tend to want to blame Peas but not sure how much I can. Butler was a bad over pay. Adoree isn’t a good man to man guy consistently. Ryan is meh. The pass rush is non existent and iv been on the pass rush thing for a while now even before the season started I was critical of it and it’s just bad.

Caseys getting older his best years are starting to pass by. Rak and Morgan havnt been great. Jones Johnson Logan are non factors.

Offensivley our line blows. Taylor Lewan has to lead the league in hands to the face calls. Conklin hasn’t been right all year. Kline is over paid and Spain is about to get paid some where else. 

I wasn’t ready to have to look to Free Agency and the off-season but yet another December January and February are about to happen and the Titans are playing for draft position. It’s going to be a long 4 months until there’s some excitement regarding this team again.

The Titans might win 2 or 3 more games but come week 17 it’s just going to be one of things we look back saying woulda coulda shoulda

Now the ONE....ONE silver lining to the rest of the season is that we play better at home as of late than on the road. 

4 of our last 5 are at home. Not talking playoffs, just talking about a respectable finish to the season. 

1st Quarter of season: 3-1 (Jags, Texans and Eagles)
2nd Quarter of season: 1-3 (Dallas)
3rd Quarter of season: 1-2 (New England) with Jets next. Should be 2-2 but can't count on anything.
4th Quarter of season: should go 3-1 but probably won't. 

Should finish with 10 wins, but yeah...we know....
Expectations 7-9.
Likely 8-8.
Music City Miracle part 2: 10-6. 

15 minutes ago, Dionysus said:

First thing is we need to correct an error and re-sign Aaron Wallace.  That dude's pass rush was INSANE.  Then find another beast to put on that D-line to pair up with Casey.  The other guys are alright, but we need another impact player there.

I still don’t understand why we cut him 4 the life of me, I also wanted to see him at ILB

1 minute ago, TitanRedd said:

I still don’t understand why we cut him 4 the life of me, I also wanted to see him at ILB

I think because Finch outplayed him and we traded for Correra, who flashed at the start of the season but has flat-lined since. 
But again, I think Finch outplayed in him camp/preseason that's why.

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

What I truly don’t understand is, even if we want to run the ball, why do we insist on trying to do it behind the center and RG?

Right, I don't care if it's predictable at this point, run it behind your best side. 
But again, our first 8 plays we ran it only 2 times and scored 10 points. 
Just give it to Marcus and let's ride or die with his arm. 
Running it is a failure this year. Let's admit it and adjust. 

25 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

It sucks having to admit we just arnt that good in a lot of areas. It’s worse admitting that coaching is still an issue. 

Lafluer is a rookie so I guess we have to cut him some slack but he’s just too predictable. A ton of runs on first down. Doesn’t throw to set up the run. Doesn’t consistently try to get the best player involved. He limits this offense. Taywan Taylor isn’t anything special but I don’t get how we took deep shots with him all year just to watch him drop everything but Batson in a very small sample size has caught his passes but isn’t used the same way that’s Taylor is used.

I tend to want to blame Peas but not sure how much I can. Butler was a bad over pay. Adoree isn’t a good man to man guy consistently. Ryan is meh. The pass rush is non existent and iv been on the pass rush thing for a while now even before the season started I was critical of it and it’s just bad.

Caseys getting older his best years are starting to pass by. Rak and Morgan havnt been great. Jones Johnson Logan are non factors.

Offensivley our line blows. Taylor Lewan has to lead the league in hands to the face calls. Conklin hasn’t been right all year. Kline is over paid and Spain is about to get paid some where else. 

I wasn’t ready to have to look to Free Agency and the off-season but yet another December January and February are about to happen and the Titans are playing for draft position. It’s going to be a long 4 months until there’s some excitement regarding this team again.

The Titans might win 2 or 3 more games but come week 17 it’s just going to be one of things we look back saying woulda coulda shoulda

Batson runs with authority every time he catches it he’s like a RB he makes 1 cut or Juke & gets upfield quick, turn on the jets & yes I like him better than Taywan. I don’t understand how Davis doesn’t get enough targets dialed up his way. 🤦🏽‍♂️ It’s growing pains for sure wit a 1st time HC & 1st time OC/play caller, it’s like Vrabel has no 1 to lean on like he has in pees with the defense. 

8 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Batson runs with authority every time he catches it he’s like a RB he makes 1 cut or Juke & gets upfield quick, turn on the jets & yes I like him better than Taywan. I don’t understand how Davis doesn’t get enough targets dialed up his way. 🤦🏽‍♂️ It’s growing pains for sure wit a 1st time HC & 1st time OC/play caller, it’s like Vrabel has no 1 to lean on like he has in pees with the defense. 

Can Batson run routes? It is the only thing I think could be holding him back. Only thing we give him are those screen passes. 

6 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Not that I’m clamoring for Batson to be a number 2 or 3 but just do more with the guy while Taylor is out he has shown the ability to catch the ball.

I agree with you though when he gets the ball in his hands he knows what to do with it he seems to always get positive yards when he gets the chance too

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Can Batson run routes? It is the only thing I think could be holding him back. Only thing we give him are those screen passes. 

Hard to tell, I only seen him, run go routes, slants & screens. I’ve never seen Taywan run routes only guys I know can run routes are Davis & Tajae & tajae ankle is still bothering him, you can tell when he tries to cut & how they’re limiting his snaps

7 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Hard to tell, I only seen him, run go routes, slants & screens. I’ve never seen Taywan run routes only guys I know can run routes are Davis & Tajae & tajae ankle is still bothering him, you can tell when he tries to cut & how they’re limiting his snaps

We’ll never know this year or next year. Last week they used Batson for gadget plays and motion crap all game long. Next year he’ll fall behind on the depth chart an have to play in the preseason with backups. 

One thing I know about Batson that he has that Taylor doesn’t and that is good hands. I seen Batson make a few tough catches and seen Taylor drop everything all year long for me that should be enough to warrant a bigger role 

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Now the ONE....ONE silver lining to the rest of the season is that we play better at home as of late than on the road. 

4 of our last 5 are at home. Not talking playoffs, just talking about a respectable finish to the season. 

1st Quarter of season: 3-1 (Jags, Texans and Eagles)
2nd Quarter of season: 1-3 (Dallas)
3rd Quarter of season: 1-2 (New England) with Jets next. Should be 2-2 but can't count on anything.
4th Quarter of season: should go 3-1 but probably won't. 

Should finish with 10 wins, but yeah...we know....
Expectations 7-9.
Likely 8-8.
Music City Miracle part 2: 10-6. 

Not even I can do silver linings right now. This team is ****

Archived