Kyler Murray

Money

So, what are your thoughts on Kyler Murray? I think he is electric and a Russell Wilson type. Maybe a Doug Flutie type if he comes in at 5'9" 3/4. Probably a better runner than thrower, but he can extend plays, and in this NFL, I think someone that can move is advantageous, because the game is horizontal and played in the middle of the chess board in tight spaces side to side. And then you can take your shots downfield when the board clears out a little bit. He's a good enough thrower to take advantage when it's there. Better "thrower" than LaMar - all things considered, not as strong but more precise. He's got a first step that's just like poooowww as you see the puff of smoke as he shoots out of a cannon. He's gotta run a 6.6 60 as he also went first round to the A's. I respect a guy for believing in himself to say **** you I'm not choosing s**t and then taking advantage of his opportunity.

This is a first round pick grade. No tears. 

Someone had a theory it's eluding me who but it's not so bad. Draft a QB every year. And I agree unless you have a prime franchise QB and the backup never has a realistic shot to succeed. Adding QBs is never a bad thing. Not sure Rudolph is the guy. Maybe he's just a better Landry Jones.

So, you f***d me on the Bell situation. Not being able to see around the corner before you can get to the end of the street. You played hardball - offered a legitimate deal and didn't budge, because you never thought he'd have the gall and stupidity to sit out the entire year at 26 - where your prime earning years as a RB is over at 30. That's not good math from Bell but he's playing for a signature.

Still trade Ben. And that's why I bring up Kyler Murray. Ben has a year left and you can't pay him. I just don't think he's good enough to make up for any shortcomings of this team. He's better than 20 starters in the NFL. Most guys aren't even playable. And you have to play some shell form of football, which is too easily predictable for defenses and they shut you down. The final four teams: Chiefs, Pats, Saints, Rams have QBs I feel better about to get a ring this year. It's a fall short for me this year. And then you look at Ben at 38 and entering the final year of the contract. The Steelers don't do third contracts on positional players (minus QB) because they don't want to get s**t on. It's served them well, minus Rod Woodson. But think about all the cap room they saved but not overextending themselves and staying true to their beliefs. This Ben contract is the one that should blow up in your face. He still makes too many bad decisions. If the refs didn't bail him out last week, he had 1 TD and 5 INT vs Jacksonville. Again. Teams built like this with tall DL and edge pass rushers with a LB that can cover in Telvin Smith and a good secondary - he'll always have problems with that. And he does. Teams will continue to build teams like that as that's the best way to win and get pressure and have coverage on the back end.

Here's my deal. 

Ben Roethlisberger, Mike Hilton, 2019 2nd rd pick to Jacksonville Jaguars for Jalen Ramsey

The only reason to trade Mike Hilton is because it's like I'm trying to give you something of value that will make your team better. And you gotta fill the gap somehow. The reason I think Jacksonville would do the deal is because it's already been reported the Jags would consider trading Ramsey. Probably citing his mouth and distractions. I don't care about that - I think he's legit. He said Ben Roethlisberger - yeah, he's decent. And when you're a young man that plays up to his standard you'll understand that Ben Roethlisberger is just decent. 

I think the Jags are fed up with Bortles and he's a cut player. They probably think they're a QB away and I think this QB (Ben) will be on the decline, so I'll sell now and let them pay Ben his four years and $110m extension. I want no part of that deal. Just a speculated price that would be fair value. Looking to add a Fitzmagic type veteran QB to the mix. Murray, Rudolph, Fitzmagic, and Dobbs to a lesser extent makes me feel good enough about the depth and let the competition play out and may the best man win. Trade the odd man out. Maybe you trade Fitzmagic after you sign him because of how Dobbs or someone else plays. 

And then I'll go a little more ridiculous because it's just fun anyway and this would honestly be my next move if these chips fell. 

Second deal.

2019 3rd rd pick, 2020 1st rd pick to Arizona Cardinals for Patrick Peterson

Logic here is he'll be my free safety going forward as like an Ed Reed type and I'll kick Sean Davis back to where he belongs as a CB. He'll play slot.

And then I sign Landon Collins in UFA with my cap room as a strong safety. Don't think the Giants franchise him and he's one of the best strong safeties in the NFL. And kick Terrell Edmunds down and build him up a bit as a modern day LB/SS mold. I don't even blink an eye and sign Reuben Foster because I'm weak at ILB and the kid can play and the better you are the longer the leash. Citing James Harrison or Ben Roethlisberger as Steelers examples and Cedric Wilson as the norm. Kick the tires on Dante Fowler to enhance the pass rush. Bud Dupree has done well. But the way I play that is let him play out his 5th year option next year, and if he does well give him the Worilds treatment and franchise tag him in 2020. Because I'm still not convinced. 

And then I'm good enough to win.

"If..." ,  Woulda, Coulda..."

It amazes me how Ben has a bad game, and all of a sudden, he's now part of a package??  For a DB??  Are you kidding??  Let's just forget about his perfect rating the week before--22/25 , 5 TDs/0 INTs...unbelievable...

Try the other way around...Jax would have to offer Ramsey +, for Ben, not the other way around...

...future HOF QB and a 2nd Rd pick for a DB...freaking hilarious...

7 minutes ago, Ward4HOF said:

"If..." ,  Woulda, Coulda..."

It amazes me how Ben has a bad game, and all of a sudden, he's now part of a package??  For a DB??  Are you kidding??  Let's just forget about his perfect rating the week before--22/25 , 5 TDs/0 INTs...unbelievable...

Try the other way around...Jax would have to offer Ramsey +, for Ben, not the other way around...

...future HOF QB and a 2nd Rd pick for a DB...freaking hilarious...

Dude...its freakin' chrissyororke...

You should consider yourself blessed he allows your eyes to gaze upon his amazing creations.    Every time mere mortals lay eyes on his mock drafts, this is usually what happens....

giphy.gif

42 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Dude...its freakin' chrissyororke...

You should consider yourself blessed he allows your eyes to gaze upon his amazing creations.    Every time mere mortals lay eyes on his mock drafts, this is usually what happens....

giphy.gif

Hilarious!!  Yes, I remember Ororke...should've known...

And I LOVE that scene from Raiders...best...scene...ever!!

"It's Beautiful...."

Archived