Has Flacco been Wally Pipp'd?

Elky

On 11/26/2018 at 8:05 AM, ET80 said:

Drew Bledsoe'd? 

Even that's kind of pushing it.  Who did Bledsoe replace?

Because I really don't feel righteous in comparing one of the best power hitters of the dead ball era (Pipp) to Flacco or Lamar Jackson (and I'm a fan) to Lou Gehrig.

On 11/27/2018 at 10:58 PM, wackywabbit said:

I've to this point always felt that Flacco would get the job back as soon as he's cleared. But I also didn't expect him to be out almost a month after the injury. If Lamar goes 3-0, man will it be a tough call to make either way.

This is pretty much Flacco's reality:

Haven't watch Lamar really ever play in depth. Can he slide feet first or does he too have the Mike Vick Complex?

For his longevity in the NFL, I hope he knows how. It's the one thing that use to infuriate me about Vick as a Eagle. Unnecessary Hits resulting in injury.

10 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Haven't watch Lamar really ever play in depth. Can he slide feet first or does he too have the Mike Vick Complex?

For his longevity in the NFL, I hope he knows how. It's the one thing that use to infuriate me about Vick as a Eagle. Unnecessary Hits resulting in injury.

I don't think I've seen him slide feet first once yet. He either runs out of bounds or dives forward.

6 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I don't think I've seen him slide feet first once yet. He either runs out of bounds or dives forward.

Good luck moving forward then. Never ever understood how great Athletes like himself and Vick can't learn properly how to slide feet first. 

I've taught 6 yr olds in little league how to do it. Surely millionaire's with numerous resources can as well?

Absolutely effected Vicks overall career.

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

Good luck moving forward then. Never ever understood how great Athletes like himself and Vick can't learn properly how to slide feet first. 

I've taught 6 yr olds in little league how to do it. Surely millionaire's with numerous resources can as well?

Absolutely effected Vicks overall career.

He's a rookie - he already showed massive improvement in not taking hits in game 2 compared to game 1. There's nothing to indicate he won't be smarter with his body and the hits he takes moving forward.

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

He's a rookie - he already showed massive improvement in not taking hits in game 2 compared to game 1. There's nothing to indicate he won't be smarter with his body and the hits he takes moving forward.

As long as that includes slidding feet first you may be right. If not, he too like Vick will get broken ribs in the future diving head first and allowed to be hit by defender's.  That's all I'm saying.

4 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

As long as that includes slidding feet first you may be right. If not, he too like Vick will get broken ribs in the future diving head first and allowed to be hit by defender's.  That's all I'm saying.

So far we actually haven't had him run so much over the middle, but when he gets outside he's just too fast for people and ultimately gets the edge and gets out of bounds. I don't recall a single play in the 2nd start where I thought he took an unnecessary hit.

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

So far we actually haven't had him run so much over the middle, but when he gets outside he's just too fast for people and ultimately gets the edge and gets out of bounds. I don't recall a single play in the 2nd start where I thought he took an unnecessary hit.

At some point that will change, it's inevitable whenever he does go up the middle. Better learn if he can't already?

Be more like Wilson (yes I know faster) then Vick.

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

At some point that will change, it's inevitable whenever he does go up the middle. Better learn if he can't already?

Be more like Wilson (yes I know faster) then Vick.

I would strive for every QB to be like Wilson, tbh. Guy is masterful at balancing the line of being mobile but not taking hits.

Archived