Kliff Kingsbury: The Cowboys Next OC?

D82

8 hours ago, TheBeast23 said:

To be fair Gurley also receives the ball and makes up production in the passing game as well. Let’s be honest Zeke is not much of a receiver other than the screen game that’s successful with him. Other than that they can do a lot more with Gurley because he has good hands.

He caught over 58 passes in three seasons at Ohio State. He doesn't get used a lot as a receiver because our OC is a dingbat...doesn't mean Zeke can't do it.

13 minutes ago, D82 said:

He caught over 58 passes in three seasons at Ohio State. He doesn't get used a lot as a receiver because our OC is a dingbat...doesn't mean Zeke can't do it.

TBF Zeke has botched his opportunities a bit as well. But I think he has the skill to do it. 

55 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I just watched MNF. Despite Marcus Mariota being near perfect the Texans won because they had the better running game.

Man, we had such a different reaction watching that game.

I remember thinking MM sucked (sacks, fumble) and then I saw he was 17/17 and I was floored. 

5 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Man, we had such a different reaction watching that game.

I remember thinking MM sucked (sacks, fumble) and then I saw he was 17/17 and I was floored. 

I thought he was 19/19 at one point. And had completed his last 6 from the week before not that it counts.

17 hours ago, D82 said:

Yeah I’m not saying he can’t do it I just feel like other than the screen game he’s not much of a natural pass catcher as Gurley or Kamara are. A few times he’s unable to reel in the pass because he hasn’t had much time doing it to improve and he’s not much of a route runner either. He of course can improve but as of now with the play calls I wouldn’t bet on him advancing in that area.

Kingsbury to USC just doesn’t make any sense. Unless USC makes the CFP next season, Helton will be fired along with the entire staff. Why would Kingsbury take that risk when the realistic situation in Dallas (not that I particularly want him here) would be that he’ll likely be Garrett’s eventual successor? I really don’t see that scenario at USC.

Archived