Bengals QB Andy Dalton to IR

TheVillain112

9 hours ago, DawgX said:

Plus, the Bengals forum is a ghost town. Truly a sad place.

We were pretty lively last year.  Especially when we thought Marvin might be on the out.  Then they brought him back and crushed our souls.  It's been kind of dead since then.

23 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Room for 1 more? I have 9 years and 6 weeks left of reasons to give up my Raider fandom.

Yes. You are welcome. However, if you actually show up to home games, you will need to pretend to be a fan of the other team to fit in.

12 hours ago, candyman93 said:

The one thing we can promise Bengals fans is that we won’t hire Hue Jackson to be our head coach.

Don't believe him. There is still a 50/50 chance that Haslam forgets who his last coach was and hires Hue.

53 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

There is a good 90% chance Hue Jackson is the next HC there, with the last 10% being hope, sanity and wishful thinking.

I actually think there's a 90% that it's not Hue Jackson.  Mike Brown is stubborn and dumb, but he also cares about his money.

There's a reason he didn't trade Chad Johnson for the crazy offer the Redskins were throwing out.  Fans were excited for him.  Mike Brown knows no one wants to see Hue Jackson as HC...

1 hour ago, TheVillain112 said:

I actually think there's a 90% that it's not Hue Jackson.  Mike Brown is stubborn and dumb, but he also cares about his money.

There's a reason he didn't trade Chad Johnson for the crazy offer the Redskins were throwing out.  Fans were excited for him.  Mike Brown knows no one wants to see Hue Jackson as HC...

He also knew no one wanted to see Marvin Lewis for the past few years and voila. An outside hire would be the right choice, I'm just expecting him to make the wrong choice. Plus it softens the blow when it actually happens.

2 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

He also knew no one wanted to see Marvin Lewis for the past few years and voila. An outside hire would be the right choice, I'm just expecting him to make the wrong choice. Plus it softens the blow when it actually happens.

exactly.. MFB is old and too tired/lazy to actually try to find a qualified coach that could get the job done.

he sucks and ole marv is still retained...because it's easy

ole marv leaves.. dip chit jr would probably takeover, because it would be easy

I am really really growing tired of my favorite team

2 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Marvin is different than Hue.  Remember the stories before Hue took the Browns job?  The rumors were that Marvin and Hue pitched a succession plan of Hue taking over after Marvin retired, and Mike Brown rejected it.  Hue then took the Browns job.  How Hue's performance with the Browns changes that I don't see.

I know Mike Brown is the worst owner in all of sports history, but even he's not dumb enough to think it makes any sense to hire Hue Jackson as the next head coach...

14 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Marvin is different than Hue.  Remember the stories before Hue took the Browns job?  The rumors were that Marvin and Hue pitched a succession plan of Hue taking over after Marvin retired, and Mike Brown rejected it.  Hue then took the Browns job.  How Hue's performance with the Browns changes that I don't see.

I know Mike Brown is the worst owner in all of sports history, but even he's not dumb enough to think it makes any sense to hire Hue Jackson as the next head coach...

I hope you're right. I can just see Mike Brown looking at Dalton's 106 QBR, and 7th scoring offense with Hue in 2015 to justify the hire. That, paired with the familiarity that comes with Hue makes me think the interest is legit. Brown doesn't like change, resistance or surprises in his operation. Hue's probably the closest thing to Marvin he can get his old decrepit hands on. The alternative being you brought him on for a lesser role at the club, in which case the new HC would have to agree to work with Hue as a potential OC or positions coach. 

40 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

I bet you doubted yourself and the wheels started turning instantly after you typed this.

31 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I bet you doubted yourself and the wheels started turning instantly after you typed this.

lol, there is no level of disappointment that Mike Brown can inflict that I'll be totally surprised about.  But if he's dumb enough to hire Hue Jackson, it's not my problem anymore.  I'll be busy complaining about Mitchell Trubisky instead...

Archived