Week 13 Jets vs. Titans

KingTitan

20 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

Well, the end is definitely not the entire 2nd half. I don't have those numbers split for the two halves respectively, so can't get back to you on that. Obviously they aired it out more in the 2nd. That's an adjustment. I was lead to believe he (LaFleur) is incapable of making those. Turns out that's false.

For the record, we also do best in the 1st quarter than in any other, with 5 passing TDs, 0 INTs and an 8.4 yards per attempt, so the statement that we can't move the ball that good to begin the game is also false.

In, “the end” whether you want to call that the 2nd half, or the 4th quarter, or midway through the 4th quarter, or whatever, the reason we could move the ball so much more effectively is because we forced the defense to cover the entire field instead of just 10 yards when we started to air it out. Also, no one ever said he couldn’t adjust. It was one of two options, either he didn’t know how to as a rookie playcaller or he was too stubborn. Turns out it’s the latter.

And the focus of this specific conversation is not the entire season. We’re talking about the game that happened today so your 2nd paragraph is pretty irrelevant. But anyways, I’ve literally never seen anyone on here make that statement that your claiming. In fact, everyone on here has been screaming to quit running the ball on 1st and 2nd and long for the exact reason you just laid out - because we do move the ball well to begin the game through the air. We should absolutely be throwing it more, not just to begin the game but throughout the entire game.

7 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Man, I really wish some of you guys that post you're no longer watching or that you're done or that you wish you could cheer for another team would keep your word. 

Gtfoh... 

Do you? I’d rather not lose half the posters lol. When you’re coming off two embarrassing losses and let a bad team immediately open up a 16-point lead, the response isn’t going to be great.

It’s a frustrating team to be a fan of. It’s a testament that none of us can actually quit.

5 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Do you? I’d rather not lose half the posters lol. When you’re coming off two embarrassing losses and let a bad team immediately open up a 16-point lead, the response isn’t going to be great.

It’s a frustrating team to be a fan of. It’s a testament that none of us can actually quit.

I really need to stop going back and trying to read the ridiculousness that these game day threads are. There's some trash posters that post their typical trash... But there's some otherwise respectable and good people who these threads just bring the worst out of. 

Is really bad to read... 

For instance... This is a trash defense, trash... For a unit that gave up 12 points. F@cking ridiculous... 

1 hour ago, TitanSS said:

Conklin had two good years and then 9 bad games coming back from an injury and now everyone is talking about changing his position.

I don't think he's a good OG candidate and I never agreed with the notion that he would be an OG in the NFL or that he was the "mauler" he was labeled during the draft process. 

If for some reason he never bounces back and we have to get a new RT, I don't think Conklin is a good option at OG.

I for one believes him, & I don’t think the majority of the forum is saying put him at Guard as if we’re giving up on him a tackle. We’re saying put him at Guard because we’ve given hope on kline & kelly has played well at Tackle so let’s try Conklin at Guard & get kelly on the field & kline on the practice squad 😩🤷🏽‍♂️

Reading the thread, you'd have no idea that :

- The defense gave up 12 points (not funny the pic 6 or blocked punt) and under 300 yards 

- The offense put up over 400 yards 

- The offense came over 40 pass plays to 18 run plays 

- Designed running plays to RBs and WRs went for 88 yards in 17 attempts, over 5 per rush. 

8 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

I for one believes him, & I don’t think the majority of the forum is saying put him at Guard as if we’re giving up on him a tackle. We’re saying put him at Guard because we’ve given hope on kline & kelly has played well at Tackle so let’s try Conklin at Guard & get kelly on the field & kline on the practice squad 😩🤷🏽‍♂️

Its a little bit of both really. He's obviously overmatched at T right now. I'm still willing to chalk it up to injury, and hope he can bounce back next year. But he's been bad this year... Cripplingly slow... Honestly, he's getting slaughtered out there. Maybe moving him inside helps him right now, relieves some of the pressure from his lack of speed right now. 

And at the same time, puts the best 5 linemen out there. No one can tell me Kelly hasn't been our 2nd best ol this year. And to be honest, the ol liked best once Jones went to rg and Levin moved to c. Maybe going Lewan, Jones, Levin, Conklin, Kelly is putting our best 5 out there. 

7 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

- The defense gave up 12 points (not funny the pic 6 or blocked punt) and under 300 yards 

- Designed running plays to RBs and WRs went for 88 yards in 17 attempts, over 5 per rush. 

probably because despite those numbers we played maybe the worst offensive half of football we have played all season and came within a hairs breadth of losing to a 3-8 football team playing with a backup quarterback

4 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I mean, how much of what you’re referring to came when we were busy scoring six points in 30 minutes against a 3-8 team?

We looked terrible, at home, against a terrible football team, for huge stretches. Coming off getting our ***** kicked by the top two teams in our division. Just not sure what you’d expect in the heat of the moment?

Prior to the last drive of the first half, we had 60 total yards. Zero completions longer than seven yards on 11 attempts. I think the complaints were pretty legitimate. The absolute refusal to open up the offense until we’re desperate. 

It would just be nice to come out and attack. We opened up the offense and had 340 yards in the final 33 minutes. How the hell did we come up with the initial game plan? When has smashmouth worked for us? 

We spent nearly half the game pounding it into the heart of their defense and throwing short passes that rewarded them for stacking the box. It’s not a coincidence that we had guys running open when we finally took shots. I just don’t understand why it takes nearly two quarters of slamming our head against the wall first.

58 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I watched this play several times, and judging by the movement and body language I believe it WAS supposed to be a fake punt.  The problem is somebody forgot to tell Kern.  I think he was supposed to roll out to give himself just enough room to lob the ball to Byard with Trawick lead blocking.  They had plenty of real estate in front of them to at least get the 1st down.  Looked like a complete miscue there.

Archived