Week 13 Jets vs. Titans

KingTitan

26 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

Lol, you guys are so hilarious.

I think it was an issue in the first half, or at least the first quarter, I tuned out in the 2nd quarter. Everything was at or close to the LOS.

The second half we aired it out big time. Our offense is so much better when we threaten downfield. 

Maybe the poor OL and WR injuries are their reasoning when they've been so conservative in the past.

5 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

He has the 4th best average intended air yards per pass for the week and the second longest completion, but, you know, LaFleur keeping it short. Gotcha! :D

He asked why we can move the ball so easily at the end (I took it as him meaning 3rd-4th quarter) but not the whole game.

In order to answer his question you cant just look at that stat as a whole. That’s a misleading blanket statement. Give it it’s proper context and compare it from the 1st half to the 2nd half and get back to me on that. Or you can just deny that throwing the ball deep forces the defense to cover the whole field.....which is exactly what we forced them to do in the 2nd half and is exactly why we were able to actually move the ball.

9 minutes ago, 615finest said:

Taywan Taylor was the difference maker.. he definitely brings a whole other deminsion to our offense.. We have the WRs to stretch the field with Davis, Batson, and Taylor. Wish we did it more.

Right. Just take some shots if it's one one one take it. 

And also, on those short throws, there's no way of knowing that LaFleur is calling short passes or if Mariota is just being Alex Smith unless the All-22 tape shows all short routes.

I know several of them were check downs, but the 3rd and 15 WR screen is probably what stands out in everyone's mind.

28 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

The refs were bad. But I really didn’t think they favored them.

Someone in the comments mentioned that this was the crew that let him get knocked out in the Dolphins game with no flags - might be some bad blood due to that.

As for this game, I agree with you.

17 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

And also, on those short throws, there's no way of knowing that LaFleur is calling short passes or if Mariota is just being Alex Smith unless the All-22 tape shows all short routes.

I know several of them were check downs, but the 3rd and 15 WR screen is probably what stands out in everyone's mind.

I think it's a combination of all 4 being off. 

WRs not winning right away. Line not blocking long enough. QB checking down to quick. Bad play calling. They each take turns and then win the moon alines right. All of them at the same time. (Baltimore, first half here, Texans game)

25 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

He asked why we can move the ball so easily at the end (I took it as him meaning 3rd-4th quarter) but not the whole game.

In order to answer his question you cant just look at that stat as a whole. That’s a misleading blanket statement. Give it it’s proper context and compare it from the 1st half to the 2nd half and get back to me on that. Or you can just deny that throwing the ball deep forces the defense to cover the whole field.....which is exactly what we forced them to do in the 2nd half and is exactly why we were able to actually move the ball.

Well, the end is definitely not the entire 2nd half. I don't have those numbers split for the two halves respectively, so can't get back to you on that. Obviously they aired it out more in the 2nd. That's an adjustment. I was lead to believe he (LaFleur) is incapable of making those. Turns out that's false.

For the record, we also do best in the 1st quarter than in any other, with 5 passing TDs, 0 INTs and an 8.4 yards per attempt, so the statement that we can't move the ball that good to begin the game is also false.

Archived