How good is JuJu Smith-Schuster?

iknowcool

I liked him in the draft, but I didn't expect him to be putting up the kind of #s he has so far.  He's got the 4th most receiving yards in his first 25 games by any WR.  He's one of the most explosive WRs in the NFL over the last 2 years (2 straight seasons with 97 yard TDs).  Compared to Brown, he's seen fewer targets but has a better catch % and more yards.  Obviously AB is the better WR but it shows how he's helping take a lot of the pressure off.

Do you think JuJu is just a great #2/lower-end #1 benefiting from the talent he's played with over the last 2 years or could you see him developing into a top 15-10 WR?  He only turned 22 years old last week so he's got a lot of room to get even better.  

He’s some-consistency away from being in the discussion as a top 10 guy, IMO. He’s already close. JJSS does everything you want from your wideout, he just needs to do it at a consistent rate to get that praise.

I compared him to Dez Bryant ahead of the 2017 draft.  At the time I thought that comp might be slightly overrating him.  Now I realize I underrated him.

JuJu is special.  He's got everything you want in a WR whether its route running, making contested catches, and yards after the catch.

He's a top 10 WR in the NFL right now with the potential to be top 5 in a few years.  

You could see he was gonna be good when he was in college.  Decent but not amazing measurables but solid across the board and just a player.

he and Cooper Kupp were absolute steals at WR that draft. John Ross and Zay Jones picked before him was ridiculous 

2 hours ago, VanS said:

I compared him to Dez Bryant ahead of the 2017 draft.  At the time I thought that comp might be slightly overrating him.  Now I realize I underrated him.

JuJu is special.  He's got everything you want in a WR whether its route running, making contested catches, and yards after the catch.

He's a top 10 WR in the NFL right now with the potential to be top 5 in a few years.  

Honestly I think JuJu will have the best record in the NFL.

I think he has all the talent in the world and it's incredible that he's only 22. But if any Steelers fans can chime in here, how often does he line up against the #1 CB? I have to think a majority of his production comes from defenses focusing on AB. I'd be interested to hear how fans think his production would be AB weren't on the team and JuJu was the #1.

other than a few dropped passes, he does everything a WR should do. He might benefit having AB , but JJSS is legit and finally a good RD2 pick for us.  As for production, AB will put up what ever numbers the coaches allow,  tonytoetap would still be arguably the top WR. JJSS might approach an elite level, we will see, because he is close already IMO.  With teams deciding to double both JJSS and AB, that speaks for the respect DC's have for JJSS. If only our former QB coach and present OC would realize this and run Connor like they used to -_- 

Archived