GB's and Slappers: Saints at Dallas

HDsportsfan

GB:  obviously the entire defense balled out but DLaw, Smith and LVE were elite tonight.  A lot of credit needs to go to the interior DL who didn’t get stats but played their butts off and gave Brees fits all night long.

offensively, Zeke was damn good for most of the night and Dak just made a couple of runs that were probably the difference between W/L.  Obviously Dak missed a wide open WR which could a sealed the game and was not good under strong pressure.  But, that third down conversion with his feet was as a clutch Play.

JS:  Linehan was so bad in the second half that it was literally embarrassing at certain points.  Those screens to Zeke in the first half were fantastic.  He employed misdirection and getting Zeke with a head of steam and blockers in front will cause good things to happen.  Then, the second half arrived and something must of reminded him that he’s Scott Linehan.  All the creativity went away.  

Gregory had a rough second half but the offsides penalty seemed bogus.  I can live with hustle mistakes to a certain extent.  

Good Lord I hate some of the crap you guys say with the passion of a thousand suns. Zeke was not playing well at all as a rusher. He did some good things as a pass catcher. 

Dak was literally the reason our offense did anything and you all are still trying to give him sh!t. 86% completion, 250 yards and a TD. Get the efe out of here. Blind as bats. 

As for the sacks, I will reserve it until I have a chance to double check the replay - - but almost the entire second half the saints were playing coverage and literally no one was open. There were times the Saints had a 5 man box.... Zeke was getting stuffed and not a single WR had any separation. Of course Dak is going to take a sack instead of throw a pick. It didnt help that our OL was atrocious. Both run and pass blocking was very poor. 

3 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Dak was 17/17 at one point, bro.  Had it not been for the 18 fumbles he would deserve a GB

Im glad you can at least appreciate it. I realize there is no saving Clayton Bigsby and his merry band of haters; but its nice to have you give some props. 

15 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Good Lord I hate some of the crap you guys say with the passion of a thousand suns. Zeke was not playing well at all as a rusher. He did some good things as a pass catcher. 

Dak was literally the reason our offense did anything and you all are still trying to give him sh!t. 86% completion, 250 yards and a TD. Get the efe out of here. Blind as bats. 

As for the sacks, I will reserve it until I have a chance to double check the replay - - but almost the entire second half the saints were playing coverage and literally no one was open. There were times the Saints had a 5 man box.... Zeke was getting stuffed and not a single WR had any separation. Of course Dak is going to take a sack instead of throw a pick. It didnt help that our OL was atrocious. Both run and pass blocking was very poor. 

Broadcast vs. being at the game helps your perspective. There are some things you just don't get to see watching on TV vs. watching live. From a certain perspective, coverage sacks may look like a negative against Dak.

4 minutes ago, D82 said:

Broadcast vs. being at the game helps your perspective. There are some things you just don't get to see watching on TV vs. watching live. From a certain perspective, coverage sacks may look like a negative against Dak.

Thats true. Basically the entire second half the Saints would load the box and run blitz on first down, and then play with 5 in the box/coverage on 2nd and 3rd. We didnt do a whole lot to challenge them on this; except the one deep pass 1st down to Gallop that was overthrown. 

It was very interesting to me that the Saints were more scared of our passing game the second half. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Thats true. Basically the entire second half the Saints would load the box and run blitz on first down, and then play with 5 in the box/coverage on 2nd and 3rd. We didnt do a whole lot to challenge them on this; except the one deep pass 1st down to Gallop that was overthrown. 

It was very interesting to me that the Saints were more scared of our passing game the second half. 

Yeah, that definitely is a shocker. 

18 minutes ago, Northland said:

Shame on me for not giving a GB to Lewis.  Hell of a job shadowing and containing Kamara 

No easy feat and he did an excellent job. 

Richard and Marinelli have this defense dialed in and it’s exciting to watch! During a time of high flying, high scoring offenses, it awesome to watch a defense smack you in the mouth and get you down and dirty! I love it

Lewis is such a good player. He essentially took Kamara out of the game, got an INT...dude's talented as hell. I give him major props for not voicing his displeasure either at his lack of playing time this year and showing up when his number got called. 

Archived