GB's and Slappers: Saints at Dallas

HDsportsfan

1 hour ago, textaz03 said:

No easy feat and he did an excellent job. 

Richard and Marinelli have this defense dialed in and it’s exciting to watch! During a time of high flying, high scoring offenses, it awesome to watch a defense smack you in the mouth and get you down and dirty! I love it

I'm not going to get ahead of myself because there are four games left and let's face it, it's a goofy league - on any given Sunday, Monday, Thursday etc.  However, if you can run the ball consistently and play good defense you can travel well and hang with anyone as we proved last night.

Re Dak.  From my armchair I see pocket pressure awareness issues and quite frankly I don't know how you teach someone to overcome that.  I would like to see him pull the ball down and take off more often.  Again that is the armchair QB speaking.  However, I also see a leader.  I see a guy who can change a game with his legs (need to utilize this more).  Oh and I'll take 24/28 every day of the week.  

Moving forward, I'm hoping for a recovered Tyron Smith and some contributions from Sean Lee.  

Things look good.  But as Mr Parcells once said "I'm not ready to break out the anointing oil just yet."   That's my cautious nature.  But great defense and that running game are solid ingredients for success.   I loved Elliot post game letting the team know that they have to do more in terms of when you've got your foot on the opponents throat don't let up.  That's a solid message.

Sorry guys I have a vacation day so I may be posting a bit.  One other thing.  Lord knows I am not a fan of The Clapper.  But we all have to give the devil his due.  The Cowboys were amped, jacked, pumped, hyped, and prepared to play last night.  Give tribute to the HC and staff.  Can't always be one way.  

4 minutes ago, Northland said:

Sorry guys I have a vacation day so I may be posting a bit.  One other thing.  Lord knows I am not a fan of The Clapper.  But we all have to give the devil his due.  The Cowboys were amped, jacked, pumped, hyped, and prepared to play last night.  Give tribute to the HC and staff.  Can't always be one way.  

But then the offense falls flat in the second half. One of JG's biggest criticisms has been the lack of adjustments. 

7 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

But then the offense falls flat in the second half. One of JG's biggest criticisms has been the lack of adjustments. 

Fair point.  But you can't beat the best team in football and not credit the staff.  Including The Clapper.

1 minute ago, Northland said:

Fair point.  But you can't beat the best team in football and not credit the staff.  Including The Clapper.

Clapper yes, Linehan on the other hand, was very good in 1st half, 2nd half not so much! 

Offense is still holding this team back

45 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

Because he doesnt call the plays. SL is in charge of the xs and os, its his job to make the adjustments.

36 minutes ago, Northland said:

The staff did well. And a bit better execution we probably put up another 10-14 points in the second half; plus keep the Saints to only 3 points. We shot our selves in the foot. 

I put this in another thread but perhaps it belongs here instead??? I dunno.

Not sure if this topic has been discussed yet but I will throw in my 2 cents.

As nice as it is that we are in 1st place in the NFC East and in firm control of our post season possibility, I consider this win our SB for the year.

Defense was AWESOME!!!!

However, even if we finish 10-6, host a Wild Card and win, we most likely end up in NO. We will get SMOKED in that game or LA, considering we make it that far,

Dak is clearly showing signs of improvement, but he has a long way to go before I believe we are championship ready.

This win surely grants Garrett another year.

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Because he doesnt call the plays. SL is in charge of the xs and os, its his job to make the adjustments.

The staff did well. And a bit better execution we probably put up another 10-14 points in the second half; plus keep the Saints to only 3 points. We shot our selves in the foot. 

He definitely doesn't have any say in offensive adjustments. You're right.

4 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

He definitely doesn't have any say in offensive adjustments. You're right.

First, I didnt say he has *no say*. I said that he doesnt call the plays. Im sure he is giving his input; but there is a reason he has twice considered firing Linehan this year alone......

Do you have anything to support your position? Any evidence? 

10 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

First, I didnt say he has *no say*. I said that he doesnt call the plays. Im sure he is giving his input; but there is a reason he has twice considered firing Linehan this year alone......

Do you have anything to support your position? Any evidence? 

If he has a say, then he gets the blame as much as SL. He also gets the praise for the defense. He is the HC and the buck stops with him. 

2 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

If he has a say, then he gets the blame as much as SL. He also gets the praise for the defense. He is the HC and the buck stops with him. 

...... Okay, I guess. I think OC/DC happens to be very important and that is their direct responsibility. I mean is a CEO really responsible if Sue in accounting makes a billing error? Indirectly, I guess. And Garrett should take blame for keeping Linehan. But the actual playcalling is not his responsibility. 

Interesting reading this I really don’t understand how some of you view games when you watch    Because when I watch all I care about is results.   And I hear so much rhetoric it drives me crazy

DaK had teo maybe three bad plays ALL game.   Missed 1 wide open WR sure it was terrible but let me tell you QB miss wide open receives a lot even the great ones.   He fumbled twice lost 1.  YES that is a huge negative not the sack let day but fumbling and that does need to change but there is a fine line between being your fault or not right now I leaning toward it being Daks fault

but guys let’s get real here

1. Just because Elliot is by far and away our BEST player doesn’t mean he automatically gets a GB ever game 

Elliot had 1 run over 7 yards on 34 carries take that run away and his 2 7 yard runs

20 carries 2.2 YPC. That will not amd never cut it yes that is a indication if just how bad our OL is playing but to give Zeke a GB for perseverance and not doing anything good or bad when the players around him fail miserably is a little crazy and not fair to how you view

Dak.- 41 drop backs. Was sacked 7 times  penalty called 4 times ? Scrambled for first down twice on 3-7 and 3-10.   Thus 28 pass attempts.   He completed 24 of them.     This went back to pass 30 times had a positive result 26 times that is a amazing almost GOAT like performanceaso with that on those 30 drop backs he was HIT not pressured but HIT 8 times almost 27% of the time so saying he didn’t handle pressure this game is just crazy and blind hate.  And including the sacks on his drop backs he was hit 40% of the time are you kidding me and he completed a FRANChISE record 17 in a row. SERIOUSLY 25% of the people here gave him a CLAPPER.      That is just CRAZY

and side notes Zeke had two good receptions 1 for TD both of those plays were awesome play design and the TD pass was harder then it looked and thrown perfect.  So if Zeke gets any credit he had as much to do with as the coaches and ZAK

GB. Defense especially everyone the secondary did awesome NO onlybhad ipen receivers when we went zone and only against our LB it seemed.  Front line stopped the run got pressure.   And right now O would say our LB are as good as anybody’s 

Dak - gets one here the missed TD could have been huge and need to stop fumbling but he lead thus team mostly on HIS back to 14 points yeah need more points but those 14 were enough and thanks to him

Clapper -/-/  

HM.  Almost had OL on clapper but they did block well on a FEW plays. Maybe 6-7 we win despite the OL terrible play 

Refs  theyossed a ton of calls made a ton of bad calls w ouch said

RG does not go in this list second penalty a joke and technicaly he was blocked into the punter but I also feel you have to be smarter then that don’t put your self in that kind of spot

oh just a little side note

brees   28 drop backs hit at a 21% clip  with the TWO sacks 27%. Oh Incase you forgot Dak was at 27% and 40%.  And the media and most everyone here is crediting OUR D for Brees having a bad game ???   Funny that while our board is blasting Dak when he faced way more pressure then Brees did and had about the same number of open guys. The RB was open if Brees could have tossed a better ball in the game ending interception 

7 minutes ago, quiller said:

Interesting reading this I really don’t understand how some of you view games when you watch    Because when I watch all I care about is results.   And I hear so much rhetoric it drives me crazy

DaK had teo maybe three bad plays ALL game.   Missed 1 wide open WR sure it was terrible but let me tell you QB miss wide open receives a lot even the great ones.   He fumbled twice lost 1.  YES that is a huge negative not the sack let day but fumbling and that does need to change but there is a fine line between being your fault or not right now I leaning toward it being Daks fault

but guys let’s get real here

1. Just because Elliot is by far and away our BEST player doesn’t mean he automatically gets a GB ever game 

Elliot had 1 run over 7 yards on 34 carries take that run away and his 2 7 yard runs

20 carries 2.2 YPC. That will not amd never cut it yes that is a indication if just how bad our OL is playing but to give Zeke a GB for perseverance and not doing anything good or bad when the players around him fail miserably is a little crazy and not fair to how you view

Dak.- 41 drop backs. Was sacked 7 times  penalty called 4 times ? Scrambled for first down twice on 3-7 and 3-10.   Thus 28 pass attempts.   He completed 24 of them.     This went back to pass 30 times had a positive result 26 times that is a amazing almost GOAT like performanceaso with that on those 30 drop backs he was HIT not pressured but HIT 8 times almost 27% of the time so saying he didn’t handle pressure this game is just crazy and blind hate.  And including the sacks on his drop backs he was hit 40% of the time are you kidding me and he completed a FRANChISE record 17 in a row. SERIOUSLY 25% of the people here gave him a CLAPPER.      That is just CRAZY

and side notes Zeke had two good receptions 1 for TD both of those plays were awesome play design and the TD pass was harder then it looked and thrown perfect.  So if Zeke gets any credit he had as much to do with as the coaches and ZAK

GB. Defense especially everyone the secondary did awesome NO onlybhad ipen receivers when we went zone and only against our LB it seemed.  Front line stopped the run got pressure.   And right now O would say our LB are as good as anybody’s 

Dak - gets one here the missed TD could have been huge and need to stop fumbling but he lead thus team mostly on HIS back to 14 points yeah need more points but those 14 were enough and thanks to him

Clapper -/-/  

HM.  Almost had OL on clapper but they did block well on a FEW plays. Maybe 6-7 we win despite the OL terrible play 

Refs  theyossed a ton of calls made a ton of bad calls w ouch said

RG does not go in this list second penalty a joke and technicaly he was blocked into the punter but I also feel you have to be smarter then that don’t put your self in that kind of spot

oh just a little side note

brees   28 drop backs hit at a 21% clip  with the TWO sacks 27%. Oh Incase you forgot Dak was at 27% and 40%.  And the media and most everyone here is crediting OUR D for Brees having a bad game ???   Funny that while our board is blasting Dak when he faced way more pressure then Brees did and had about the same number of open guys. The RB was open if Brees could have tossed a better ball in the game ending interception 

@quiller and @Matts4313 with maybe a few others are the few voices of reason left, afloat in a sea of negativity and in many cases stupidity. Thank you for having the strength and fortitude for fighting the good fight, paddling against the stream and keeping my sanity while holding off the Mob of (choose your own word here).

I often ask myself, "how many people were killed throughout history because of Dumb Mob mentalities". "How many people were burned alive as witches because of constant rhetoric screamed by the insane, only to be followed by the weaker, easily guided sheep, who eventually over took all reason and logic and humanity for their own zealous goals or dumb ideologies".

Damn the sheep on here!!!!

9 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Good Lord I hate some of the crap you guys say with the passion of a thousand suns. Zeke was not playing well at all as a rusher. He did some good things as a pass catcher. 

Dak was literally the reason our offense did anything and you all are still trying to give him sh!t. 86% completion, 250 yards and a TD. Get the efe out of here. Blind as bats. 

As for the sacks, I will reserve it until I have a chance to double check the replay - - but almost the entire second half the saints were playing coverage and literally no one was open. There were times the Saints had a 5 man box.... Zeke was getting stuffed and not a single WR had any separation. Of course Dak is going to take a sack instead of throw a pick. It didnt help that our OL was atrocious. Both run and pass blocking was very poor. 

you say that so good.

23 minutes ago, quiller said:

And the media and most everyone here is crediting OUR D for Brees having a bad game ???   Funny that while our board is blasting Dak when he faced way more pressure then Brees did and had about the same number of open guys.

Just wanted to requote this for emphasis. 

Archived