Week 13: Iggles Wiggles

Ghostnote

6 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Turtle...the rest of the division was belly up until 3 weeks ago. And we weren't beating the lights out of people either. Its not like we were some juggernaut. We only seem to do well when the other teams are way down.

And as I type it, Sanchez gonna Sanchez

So, that takes away from our record? And the fact that we were 4-2 and 6-3 to start the season when our OL was more healthy, PRich was playing and before our starting QB broke his leg?

The other teams records in our division has nothing to do with the fact that in the first half of the season - outside of the Colts, Falcons and Saints games - the Redskins did play good football and were winning games.

6 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

A team couldnt do that even if they tried. 

Gruden’s playcalling is the reason, that’s what happened when you abandon the run and also, we lost our two starting guards in this game who were both our back up guards.

And, Cooper is now out for the season!

Jay Gruden: Redskins Jonathan Cooper out for season with torn biceps. I mean really? Wtf

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/04/jay-gruden-jonathan-cooper-out-for-season-with-torn-biceps/ via @ProFootballTalk

5 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Georgia Frontiere was forced to sell her team. If Snyder steps in it enough (what ever IT is), the NFL has ways of forcing owners to sell

Yeah, and we can’t discuss why in here but we all should know why, same with Richardson in Carolina. 

5 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

It’s been a rough month or so with all the injuries, they’ve totally derailed our season again. I guess it’s good to know he cares so much about them and the team, even if I still don’t like the guy and wish he’d hire a great young football guy to be our GM and let them have all the final control over football acquisitions.

I don't know who said it isn't their fault, but at some point, nobody is THIS unlucky. You have to hold the training staff accountable in the sense that you need to do something different to prevent injury. The Nationals did it. The Redskins can too. 

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

I don't know who said it isn't their fault, but at some point, nobody is THIS unlucky. You have to hold the training staff accountable in the sense that you need to do something different to prevent injury. The Nationals did it. The Redskins can too. 

How do you keep a football player from breaking a leg or tearing a ligament?

If someone could explain that to me, I might agree with this take, but until then, I can NOT.

Now muscle injuries, if we have a lot of those, I’d question the strength & conditioning/training staff, but we don’t have an overwhelming amount of those injuries compared to other teams.

The last two years, it’s just been bad breaks with injuries that have drailed our seasons. Last year the injuries decimated the defense and our OL, this year they’ve decimated our top two QBs, the OL, 3 of our top playmakers for most of the season and Guice who we drafted to be our #1 back.

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Gruden’s playcalling is the reason, that’s what happened when you abandon the run and also, we lost our two starting guards in this game who were both our back up guards.

And, Cooper is now out for the season!

Jay Gruden: Redskins Jonathan Cooper out for season with torn biceps. I mean really? Wtf

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/04/jay-gruden-jonathan-cooper-out-for-season-with-torn-biceps/ via @ProFootballTalk

I’m sorry I was told repeatedly it’s the players on the field fault and that the coach is not to blame whatsoever 

Archived