FF Elite Fantasy Baseball League (Season 1)

Mr. bDoDDleS

7 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

We have changed the start date of the draft, the start date of the MiLB draft, the free agent system, the time allowed for a pick, and now trying to change roster sizes.  Nothing overly significant, but there have been a lot of changing on the fly. 

FA system wasn't in place before we started the draft. So we took input from the full roster of owners before making it. 

We allowed people to pick their MiLB picks early, by like 15 hours, the locked in top 4, but gave 24 hours to pick so if people weren't ready they had time. That's the only time we've changed the time allowed to pick.

Only thing that changed was the start of the draft date, but didn't get any negative feedback for that and everyone seemed on board starting early.

Edited by Mr. bDoDDleS

27 minutes ago, Mr. bDoDDleS said:

Also what else has changed since the start of the draft? Only things we've changed rules wise wasnt really rule change at all but determining what FA system we we're gonna use.

I like this format, play a season and than bring adjustments to the table. Let the new league grow properly instead of firing off rounds before opening day

I feel like if im not on for most of a day I have to scroll back to see if anything has been changed

4 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I like this format, play a season and than bring adjustments to the table. Let the new league grow properly instead of firing off rounds before opening day

I feel like if im not on for most of a day I have to scroll back to see if anything has been changed

Nothing has been changed for this year. Also if something would get changed everyone would get tagged.

You'd be the first to call me a "Dictator" again when people ask for rules/settings change and then I not try and bring it to a vote instead of just shooting it down.  

Also, this doesn't change all that much but we each get 5 more MiLB rounds to pick players. Which has already been approved for next year, but other owners wanted it added this year so we could go forward with 15 MiLB instead of waiting toward next year.

Edited by Mr. bDoDDleS

15 minutes ago, Mr. bDoDDleS said:

FA system wasn't in place before we started the draft. So we took input from the full roster of owners before making it. 

We allowed people to pick their MiLB picks early, by like 15 hours, the locked in top 4, but gave 24 hours to pick so if people weren't ready they had time. That's the only time we've changed the time allowed to pick.

Only thing that changed was the start of the draft date, but didn't get any negative feedback for that and everyone seemed on board starting early.

As I said, nothing overly significant, but agree with Bills that if you are gone for most of a day, you could have missed something.  It’s all been fair, and fine. Just saying there has been a lot of making a plan and then changing the plan.  Also the Free agent situation probably should have been figured out pre draft.  Again not a big deal, but changes.  Let the league run, and tweak where we find issues in the future. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sllim Pickens said:

As I said, nothing overly significant, but agree with Bills that if you are gone for most of a day, you could have missed something.  It’s all been fair, and fine. Just saying there has been a lot of making a plan and then changing the plan.  Also the Free agent situation probably should have been figured out pre draft.  Again not a big deal, but changes.  Let the league run, and tweak where we find issues in the future. 

Why would it matter if the FA was figured out before or during the draft? We could have just went with what we had in elite instead of listening to feedback and making the change to FAAB before FA or waivers was to be needed (after the draft).

36 minutes ago, Mr. bDoDDleS said:

Why would it matter if the FA was figured out before or during the draft? We could have just went with what we had in elite instead of listening to feedback and making the change to FAAB before FA or waivers was to be needed (after the draft).

Because we started the draft three months prior to the season, its a new league, and the rules should have been in place prior to that.  I didn't realize they weren't, and I don't care, just saying there are changes happening on the fly, hence I agree with Bills.  And again, they aren't significant, but yes a league, especially a money league should have a schedule and stick to it IMO.  We shouldn't be switching to 6 hour windows and then 24 and then 6 because the LM wants to.  Just stick to the schedule, and no issues. I get its exciting, its a new draft, new league and new format, but we had time, and now will be done 3 weeks prior to reporting to spring training. 

11 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Because we started the draft three months prior to the season, its a new league, and the rules should have been in place prior to that.  I didn't realize they weren't, and I don't care, just saying there are changes happening on the fly, hence I agree with Bills.  And again, they aren't significant, but yes a league, especially a money league should have a schedule and stick to it IMO.  We shouldn't be switching to 6 hour windows and then 24 and then 6 because the LM wants to.  Just stick to the schedule, and no issues. I get its exciting, its a new draft, new league and new format, but we had time, and now will be done 3 weeks prior to reporting to spring training. 

I agree. However when I get a proposal for FAAB when we were weeks away from using the FA system then why not listen to the proposal then throw it out to other owners for their thoughts and vote? It isn't like it changed the way people drafted? The FA system was going to be the same as it was in Old Elite, but someone comes with a proposal to improve the league, why wait a year to ask for a vote than just go ahead and implement that when the system wouldn't be used for weeks? If it was going to change the competitive balance then it would have waited till 2020, but changing from open daily FA to FAAB FA when we are still in the draft doesn't effect the draft.

@crab1106 proposed the FAAB as he's in other leagues and has noticed prospects that start to breakout or called it becomes a race to be first to pick him up instead of giving everyone a chance to bid on them. That's the main reason it was voted and approved. So why not try to impement that from the start of a new league (when doesn't affect what's been done so far) than waiting a year?

Edited by Mr. bDoDDleS

13 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Also, you picked 2nd in the MLB draft. And it was UNTIMED at that point, so why did you even pick if you wanted the schedule to be used?

22 minutes ago, Mr. bDoDDleS said:

Also, you picked 2nd in the MLB draft. And it was UNTIMED at that point, so why did you even pick if you wanted the schedule to be used?

No need to go back and forth on this. We've 100% been unorganized at times and will get better moving forward. Is what it is. We didn't bring up the extra minors and were listening to the owner support or it wouldn't have been a discussion. In the future we'll just have to be more decisive and say any changes occur in future offseasons.

32 minutes ago, crab1106 said:

No need to go back and forth on this. We've 100% been unorganized at times and will get better moving forward. Is what it is. We didn't bring up the extra minors and were listening to the owner support or it wouldn't have been a discussion. In the future we'll just have to be more decisive and say any changes occur in future offseasons.

Right on. Everything was set but support was showing for adding more MiLB spots. And has enough support to pass, so we'll listen, and we've approved that for 2020. Then they wanted to throw it in this year. I said for use to change the draft format has to have 100% support to change it for this year and it doesn't.

Nothing we've changed has effected competitive balance. Allowing people to prepick untimed in MLB and MiLB didnt affect people's drafts. FAAB change didn't affect the draft, and wasn't going to be used till after the draft so that was something still open to be changed instead of waiting a year. Plus, owners have had weeks to research FAAB.

The MiLB on IR has been apart of the rule from the beginning of going with unlimited IR, and has been on the first page, nothing changed.

So saying we are changing settings every time you log in isn't true. Anything I've announced has been reminder of the rules, not changing of the rules.

Bd take a breath man. He said he feels like he has to check if things have changed because pages go by and there’s constant ideas flowing in here. He’s not the only one that feels that way. I think you can accept that this is the perception of some and move on or grab your casket if this is the hill you’re choosing to die on. 

3 minutes ago, I_GET_SAX said:

Bd take a breath man. He said he feels like he has to check if things have changed because pages go by and there’s constant ideas flowing in here. He’s not the only one that feels that way. I think you can accept that this is the perception of some and move on or grab your casket if this is the hill you’re choosing to die on. 

I'm just defending the things that have happened. People wanted to start drafts early, so I give them that option. Someone wanted FAAB, so we find the best way to do it. People come to use asking for more MiLB spots so we see if there is majority.  If anything gets changed everyone gets tagged. I'm not trying to die on anything, just defending my position, and previous calls that I didn't listen to the league when ideas flow.