FF Elite Fantasy Baseball League (Season 1)

Mr. bDoDDleS

Just now, crab1106 said:

You have to factor where he would have taken Davis. 

How do you figure? The pick was still 4.16 so he moved up 2 full rounds for the sake of 2 spots. I'm not upset with it, it's a hell of a deal for Sllim and Deadpulse wanted the opportunity to pick his own guys so I get it. Just saying, it's great value for Sllim. Nothing wrong with that.

10 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

How do you figure? The pick was still 4.16 so he moved up 2 full rounds for the sake of 2 spots. I'm not upset with it, it's a hell of a deal for Sllim and Deadpulse wanted the opportunity to pick his own guys so I get it. Just saying, it's great value for Sllim. Nothing wrong with that.

Agreed nothing wrong with saying it. I agree that it was a great value. Just Khris Davis was going to be a great value wherever he went with this group of owners. Not mad at the statement you made, just conversation. 

Just now, crab1106 said:

Agreed nothing wrong with saying it. I agree that it was a great value. Just Khris Davis was going to be a great value wherever he went with this group of owners. Not mad at the statement you made, just conversation. 

For sure. I plan on being one of those guys that capitalizes on the value pick aspect of the draft. Especially with the MiLB portion of the roster being >1/3 of your future team so those older players will be expendable once they "fall off" and whatnot. Gonna be a fun one.

19 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

For sure. I plan on being one of those guys that capitalizes on the value pick aspect of the draft. Especially with the MiLB portion of the roster being >1/3 of your future team so those older players will be expendable once they "fall off" and whatnot. Gonna be a fun one.

I'm trying to find a nice balance of value and age.  I feel like the value on JV and Goldy was worth not passing for youth.  Same with Davis.  I didn't really want him where I was picking in the 5th so glad to get him with my next pick.  Just hoping the other 2/3 guys I had ahead of him don't fall to that pick.  Which I am sure they wont. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I'm trying to find a nice balance of value and age.  I feel like the value on JV and Goldy was worth not passing for youth.  Same with Davis.  I didn't really want him where I was picking in the 5th so glad to get him with my next pick.  Just hoping the other 2/3 guys I had ahead of him don't fall to that pick.  Which I am sure they wont. 

Honestly, the age issue isn't really something I'm worried about. If I end up with an older team in the end, I could always draft closer to the big league types of minor leaguers and, if you draft a really young team, you can gamble with guys that are further out. Bunch of viable strategies in this type of league and it's going to create a ton more excitement/fun than the last Elite League did. Plus, it's H2H so anything goes lol.

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

Thanks @crab1106, I was playing cards last night, got drunk, and forgot about everything else haha. Sorry about the wait guys

Make a Queue. Even if you don't wanna Fantrax to Auto-pick for you, it will still go by your queue if your time runs out like that, so you don't get whoever Fantrax has #1 overall at that point.

34 minutes ago, Mr. bDoDDleS said:

@Dingo18287 When I traded up to take Diaz. Taillon was in strong consideration. Felt like I kept going back and forth every 10 minutes while waiting on deal being accepted.

He wasn’t in my queue, but I felt like I needed to add another SP sooner than later. Did a little research on him, and guys think his last season wasn’t a fluke. 

5 minutes ago, Dingo18287 said:

He wasn’t in my queue, but I felt like I needed to add another SP sooner than later. Did a little research on him, and guys think his last season wasn’t a fluke. 

He's very good. It was between Clev and Taillon for me.