BDL 2018 Week 13 - Berlin Blitzkrieg @ Long Beach Leprechauns

ny92mike

Berlin Blitzkrieg @ Long Beach Leprechauns  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Berlin Blitzkrieg
    • Long Beach Leprechauns

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/05/2018 at 05:00 PM

BDL 2018 Week 13

Match:  Berlin Blitzkrieg @ Long Beach Leprechauns

Away Owner: @Ragnarok

Home Owner:  @Counselor

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For members, who have been following along, and wish to vote.  Please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Note: Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (Q) are game-time decisions.

Good luck to you both

Berlin Blitzkrieg

Offense

QB - Case Keenum
RB - Lamar Miller
Slot - Tyreek Hill
WR - Kenny Golladay
WR - MVS
TE - Trey Burton
LT - Eric Fisher
LG - Greg Van Roten
C - Corey Linsley
RG - Gabe Jackson
RT - Taylor Moton

RB - Corey Clement
WR - Chris Godwin
WR - Nelson Agholor
TE - Adam Shaheen
OT - Kolton Miller
OG - Justin Pugh

Defense

DE - Justin Houston
DT - Brandon Williams
DT - Da’Shawn Hand
DE - Demarcus Lawrence
LB - Tremaine Edmunds
LB - Rashaan Evans
CB - Gareon Conley
CB - Robert Alford
NB - Mike Hilton
S - Haha Clinton-Dix
S - Damontae Kazee

DE - Markus Golden
DE - Deatrich Wise
DE - Reggie Gilbert
INT - Davon Godchaux
INT - Darius Philon
LB - Kiko Alonso
S - Rashaan Gaulden

Long Beach Leprechauns

Gameplan Long Beach

Offense

QB- Aaron Rodgers

RB- Christian McCaffrey

RB- Mark Ingram

WR- DeAndre Hopkins

WR- Marvin Jones Jr.

TE- George Kittle

LT- Charles Leno Jr.

LG- Andrew Norwell

C- Max Unger

RG- Joe Thuney

RT- Bryan Bulaga

FB- Andy Janovich

RB- Isaiah Crowell

TE- Nick O’Leary

WR- Adam Humphries

WR- Devin Funchess

OL- Brandon Shell

OL- Quinton Spain

OL- JC Tretter

Defense

LE- Cam Jordan

NT- DJ Reader

DT- Jarran Reed

RE- Trey Flowers

LB- Joe Schobert

LB- Avery Williamson

CB- Trumaine Johnson

CB- Bradley Roby

Nickel- Budda Baker (if not playing Tyrann)

FS- Tyrann Mathieu (if Tyrann moves to slot TJ McDonald)

SS- Landon Collins

DT- Vita Vea

DE- Sam Hubbard

DT- Javon Hargrave

LB- Jayon Brown

LB- De’Vondre Campbell

S- TJ McDonald

CB- Bashaud Breeland

CB- Artie Burns

Berlin Blitzkrieg

Offense
3 WR -  Golladay and MVS outside, Tyreek in the slot.  Burton moves all over the formation.  We will not shy away from any route or any defender.  The LB CBs have either been crappy of injured, and we trust Lamar and Burton to win their match ups against a safety or LB.  We will mix up quick routes, crossers, and screens with gos and deep posts to force their DBs to cover in every direction, which they simply aren’t capable of.

We are going to run the ball a fair bit, as we want a 50-50 split if at all possible.  We will run a bit more to the right side.  We will mix in draws and screens to keep their DL honest.  We will move Burton out to get an extra man out of the box.

4 WR/RB - We will use this set between 30-40% of the time to force Burns onto the field.  Godwin or Algohor will come in for Burton.  Case will be in shotgun.  We will still run from this formation, including draws.  Our WRs will run every kind of route and we will target Burns mercilessly.

Defense

Leno and Bulaga are poopie.  Houston and Lawrence should have a field day.

2 RB - Conley takes Humphries, Alford and Kazee bracket Hopkins.  Haha plays up and takes Kittle.

We are going to play our nickel set against the 2 RB set of LB.  If Christian splits out, Hilton will follow.  If Christian stays in, Hilton will stay in.  He will serve as an additional body in the box as he is great against the run.  And it’s not like Christian or Ingram are run blockers, so them having an extra body is pointless.

Rashaan and Tremaine will focus on the run game first.  They will shut down Ingram or McCaffrey running the ball.  In the pass game, one will take Ingram if he releases and the other will blitz Rodgers.  Rodgers has been holding the ball way too long this year, so we want to bring additional pressure which will lead to sacks.

2 TE - If they bring in a TE for a RB, Kiko will come in for Hilton and have the other TE in coverage.

3 WR - If they bring in a WR for a RB, Hilton plays the slot.

Long Beach Leprechauns

Gameplan Offense:

This week we will feature our two back set once again. With the option of motioning either or Ingram or McCaffrey out to open up running lanes for each other or attack in the passing game a mismatch against one of their rookie linebackers. The middle of the field will be a feasting point for us with McCaffrey and Kittle, but we also will attack their weakness at corner with Hopkins and Jones early and often. We will also motion Kittle around once again creating several formation looks for us without having to substitute players in and run uptempo to catch the Berlin defense in packages that we can take advantage of.

Run Game:

We feature a two running back offense again this week. McCaffrey will split 60/40 run plays with Ingram. McCaffrey will be our moveable piece that allows us to open up this offense. He will see an occasional jet sweep from the slot as well as his traditional carries in the backfield. We will however also occasionally motion Ingram out with McCaffrey in the backfield as well. We are running primarily zone and look to take advantage of cutback and moving running lanes, with our Oline getting to the second level. We will incorporate some power, and utilize Janovich in three RB sets or I formations where one of our RB’s comes off the field. Kittle is a big piece of this run blocking, sealing the edge or riding ends out allowing McCaffrey and Ingram to get chunk yards. We will not tailor our run game to either back specifically as either of them can successfully run inside or out not keying the defense to where we are attacking. We believe we can get hats on their rookie linebackers and take them out of plays, especially by motioning McCaffrey and Kittle out into the slots we will have running lanes inside for Ingram. Their interior dline takes a hit with Daniels still out.

Passing Game:

Hopkins and Jones Jr. will be our outside receivers. We will feed Hopkins as we believe he is matchup proof against Berlin. If he is doubled he will still get his fair share of targets but it will open up the passing game for our other options and Rodgers will look to exploit that. Kittle is once again a prime weapon in the middle of the field and will also work inside out, and often split out into the slot. McCaffrey will see his share of targets out of the backfield and out of the slot when Kittle is inline or even in four wide looks split out with Kittle. McCaffrey will run some wheel routes, swings, arrows, and other routes in the middle of the field. Ingram will be assigned to chip and stand in block but also be a safety option for Rodgers to dump the ball off to. When inline Kittle may chip to buy Rodgers more time. We will utilize some pocket  movement and roll outs to get Rodgers on the move and use crossing routes from Hopkins, and Jones to take advantage of clear out by Kittle, or occasionally target Kittle on whip routes.

Defense:

Formation: Nickel, 4-3, Dime

We will be looking to key on Tyreek Hill in this game by running primarily zone and featuring Cover 3 giving us three deep coverage men to stop the big play. We will utilize our slot corner who will always be a safety (either Budda if healthy or Tyrann), and our strong safety (Landon Collins) to blow up their screen game. Collins will be in the box always to Burton’s side. Trumaine will line up on Golladay’s side throughout the game. We will rotate our interior dlineman to keep them fresh for our pass rush and in shutting down Lamar Miller. The deep safety keys to Tyreek’s side in the Cover 3. In the Cover 2 look we will press and have Schobert come jam the TE before his release as Landon will be backing off into his deep coverage responsibility. We have two of the most physical run defending corners in the league in Tru and Roby and they will play a big part in eliminating those outside runs and screens when in cover 2. If they split us four wide Landon jams the fourth slot before getting into coverage. Against a 2 wide look we will incorporate some of our man coverage with our single high safety always cheating to Tyreek. And bring in Jayon Brown as our third linebacker. Jayon  replaces Avery Williamson on key passing downs in our nickel or dime. We like our dline against their oline and believe we will control the line of scrimmage and free up Schobert and Williamson to stop the run. We will often run zone blitzes often bringing Williamson or Brown when in the game to disrupt Keenum or Winston, whoever they decide to bring us.

6 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

You're running Cover 3 with no CB following Tyreek underneath allowing him to sit in between zones?  And in Cover 3...that means it'll be one-on-one with Tyreek deep?

I'll take that all day.  

Keenum isn’t Mahomes my guy. Good luck. And with my dline against your oline Keenum isn’t getting off much. 

39 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

Yeah Long beach in a blowout, Berlin gets some deep shots here and there due to some questionable coverage decisions by LB but Berlin has no answer for Rodgers+McCaffrey+Hopkins.

Rodgers has been meh, I have a corner on McCaffrey if he splits out, and I am doubling Hopkins.  

On 12/2/2018 at 11:49 PM, Ragnarok said:

You're running Cover 3 with no CB following Tyreek underneath allowing him to sit in between zones?

I think LB will take that all day too, because if you can minimize the deep damage that Tyreek does that's a good thing for the defense.

I like both game plans, I think LB was very thorough and even though Trumaine Johnson has had a down year, he matches up physically very well with a big body like Golladay. I think the cover 3 was actually a pretty good idea, and Tyreek might have 15 catches, but if they're all underneath that's a win for LB. 

11 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Is Charles Leno really "poopie"?

I find it fitting.  

6 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I think LB will take that all day too, because if you can minimize the deep damage that Tyreek does that's a good thing for the defense.

I like both game plans, I think LB was very thorough and even though Trumaine Johnson has had a down year, he matches up physically very well with a big body like Golladay. I think the cover 3 was actually a pretty good idea, and Tyreek might have 15 catches, but if they're all underneath that's a win for LB. 

I mean, if I can get the ball into Tyreek's hands 15 times, I will take that all day.  Even if it is underneath.  Cause there's a very good chance he can still run past everyone a couple times(like the check down hail mary last year).  And even if he doesn't, LB will have to pull the safety up to keep him from getting at least 10 yards a catch.  Which would open up everyone else.  

9 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

And even if he doesn't, LB will have to pull the safety up to keep him from getting at least 10 yards a catch.  Which would open up everyone else.  

Which safety? Because a cover 3 already has the SS patrolling an intermediate part of the field (and covering Burton he'd be in the same vicinity), so it's not like Collins is going to be 35 yards down field. 

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

Which safety? Because a cover 3 already has the SS patrolling an intermediate part of the field (and covering Burton he'd be in the same vicinity), so it's not like Collins is going to be 35 yards down field. 

He won't be in the vicinity if they are on opposite sides of the formation.  

I don't know right now.  I'm 6 hours in on my take home Criminal Taxation Litigation exam and can't think.  

Archived