BDL 2018 Week 13 - Berlin Blitzkrieg @ Long Beach Leprechauns

ny92mike

Berlin Blitzkrieg @ Long Beach Leprechauns  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Berlin Blitzkrieg
    • Long Beach Leprechauns

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/05/2018 at 05:00 PM

Marvin Jones is on IR

This one is hard. I think Berlin offense has success here. I think they can move the ball relatively consistently against that zone defense as I like their OL. I also like Berlin balance. They might get a big play through catch and run by Hill, but that's about the only true explosive thing they bring to the table though. Keenum limits them. On the other hand, Berlin went all in. While I like the attitude, that cover 0 leaves big play opportunities. Against ARod, I don't love that. The Bulaga injury is a thing, but Shell isn't a terrible replacement and the rest of the OL is good. I think pressure can come from the right side, but with ARod mobility and a Kittle chip will help. The matchup I really like is McCaffrey vs Hilton is the passing game.

I think it's a close one. Berlin can be a bit consistent on offense. But LB will answer by big plays. Gimme LB with the better QB play and homefield advantage. 27-24.

Also, ARod holds the ball too long IRL because no one is open.

38 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

On the other hand, Berlin went all in. While I like the attitude, that cover 0 leaves big play opportunities. Against ARod, I don't love that. 

The matchup I really like is McCaffrey vs Hilton is the passing game.

This is my fault.  When I said bracket, I mean that Alford plays up and Kazee sits over the top on that side of the field.  Not that they are both playing up like they are on punt return.  And with the way Conley has been playing, I think he wins his matchup without help.

I know that McCaffrey is very good, especially in the passing game.  But I do think that Hilton could at least limit him enough to not cost us the game.  Hilton is a really good NB, especially against smaller, quicker guys.  Although he does just fine against bigger guys too.

Wow, I love Berlin’s gameplan. 

Offensively, despite Case Keenum (Jameis is actually a great option right now too) being labeled as below average, he’s got four weapons to choose from. Hill already attracts action and Lamar Miller isn’t playing poorly. They can get some scores and possibly TDs with a healthy offense.

I thought McCaffery would be the difference maker here, except Berlin was prepared for the opposing game plan. 2 RBs has some limits bc blocking limitations but McCaffery is all purpose. Adam Humpries as the 2 WR hurts. Kittle is a bit more successful than Humpries.

I think it’ll be a close game. The fact I’m reluctant to immediately vote Rodgers in this game is an issue but I can see Berlin getting some stops with a high level pass rush and using their weapons to get some points. In one of the bigger upsets this year I will take the road team.

I'm surprised at the blowout. This one took me forever to decide. 

Berlin's weapons are outstanding. I think they overrate their O-line a bit and I think Flowers has a good game and Jordan wins some plays as well. Their QB is poor obviously.

Long Beach is missing Cupp and Jones and it makes their offense look a bit worse. I don't like Berlin's back seven a ton yet though so their skill positions still produce.

I think Long Beach wins with better protection for a better QB.  

Berlin's turnaround has impressed me. I've said it a few times but I was really surprisingly high on them early on in the season and but for injuries and Jameis' early collapse, they would've been one of the stronger outfits for sure.

With that said, in this matchup it's pretty close but where there's a team with it all to play for in front of a home crowd, vs. a team looking to next year, it's a clear choice. 

Archived