Good, Bad, Ugly vs KC Part I

Silver&Black88

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Ugly: 

TE coverage - Raiders haven't been able to stop an athletic TE since forever. 

That has been a weakness for 15 years 😆

maybe we will actually draft and add real lbers. And have decent safety coverage one day. 

18 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Good:
- Carr had a solid game overall. Would have liked more from him, but he didn't make many mistakes, and stood tall in the pocket. A little dink and dunk which I think was a part of the gameplan, but a good game to build off of.

Don't want to derail this thread, but I have to ask.  I've seen multiple lukewarm comments about Carr.  Why only a solid performance? What more would you have wanted from him? 

2 hours ago, Gannon12 said:

That has been a weakness for 15 years 😆

maybe we will actually draft and add real lbers. And have decent safety coverage one day. 

If only someone would have fallen in the draft that can cover and do it all at an all pro level on the back end........ 

7 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Kolt was at cables lineman camp before the draft he gushed over kolt all camp. writing was on the wall 

Terrible Oline coach having any influence in the draft seems misguided. 

I'm just tired of team under valuing elite safety play. Anderson, Fitzpatrick and James are all legit future all-pros. Complete game changers on the back end. Don't sleep on Thompson in this class. 

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I'm just tired of team under valuing elite safety play. Anderson, Fitzpatrick and James are all legit future all-pros. Complete game changers on the back end. Don't sleep on Thompson in this class. 

I know I was leading the Derwin train last year. I didn’t see kolt as a first rounder. Imo I think kolt and Parker should be kicked inside to g eventually. I hope we draft Dillard the LT from wash st. I like the huskies safety Rapp also

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I was so upset we had Fitzpatrick fall to us and we didn't pick him. Then the same with James. That being said, I'm ok with Miller. Was it the best value? No. But I think he can be a good LT for the future, which we needed. Have to protect your QB, and we couldn't rely on Penn.

I'm actually happy the team drafted Miller over the safeties. Could you imagine him not being there after Penn went down? He's been up and down, but he's been competent. I don't think James would be as valuable to the Raiders as he has been to the Chargers who already had a solid defensive roster.

Fitzpatrick doesn't really stand out as a difference-making player to me yet.

3 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I know I was leading the Derwin train last year. I didn’t see kolt as a first rounder. Imo I think kolt and Parker should be kicked inside to g eventually. I hope we draft Dillard the LT from wash st. I like the huskies safety Rapp also

6’8 guards? What world are you living in??? Kolton was the right pick, olineman are never sexy.... Karl Joseph actually coming around at safety too. Not Gruden fault Obi flopped. Reggie’s pick... we have a young upcoming secondary. Just need another safety, maybe balance it out with a vet like haha or Landon Collins in free agency... improve pass rush and secondary will look even better 

6 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

6’8 guards? What world are you living in??? Kolton was the right pick, olineman are never sexy.... Karl Joseph actually coming around at safety too. Not Gruden fault Obi flopped. Reggie’s pick... we have a young upcoming secondary. Just need another safety, maybe balance it out with a vet like haha or Landon Collins in free agency... improve pass rush and secondary will look even better 

Robert gallery 6’7 I think

2 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

6’8 guards? What world are you living in??? Kolton was the right pick, olineman are never sexy.... Karl Joseph actually coming around at safety too. Not Gruden fault Obi flopped. Reggie’s pick... we have a young upcoming secondary. Just need another safety, maybe balance it out with a vet like haha or Landon Collins in free agency... 

Derwin James was my favourite prospect in the whole draft, then he fell to us....................and we drafted Miller -_-. In the cold light of day however, the pick seems sensible as Penn's replacement which was a very big need and he seems to be a player with big potential, I've actually been pleasantly surprised by him.

If Obi flops it won't be Reggie's fault, it will be Obi's - all the physical talent in the world just needs to knuckle down and work hard.  

1 minute ago, Darbsk said:

Derwin James was my favourite prospect in the whole draft, then he fell to us....................and we drafted Miller -_-. In the cold light of day however, the pick seems sensible as Penn's replacement which was a very big need and he seems to be a player with big potential, I've actually been pleasantly surprised by him.

If Obi flops it won't be Reggie's fault, it will be Obi's - all the physical talent in the world just needs to knuckle down and work hard.  

I knew Obi had a high risk of flopping. He shot up the draft boards after the combine, which is always a red flag... day 3 pick until he was a workout warrior. I really wanted Eddie Jackson at some point on day 2... dude was a stud in the SEC...idk that pick seemed like a vintage Al Davis pick...I wanted to be wrong, but we all knew how it panned out 

Archived