We’re signing Josh Johnson, QB

MikeT14

15 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

He was alerting me to the possibility of you guys running afoul of the rules. Guys like that tend to get discussions going that Webby doesn't like happening on his site.

But as long as we keep it generic, its ok?  The PFT article I referenced obviously includes why Allen won't let the signing happen- and it isn't football related- but if we keep the remark generic, that should be OK?  

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Anyway, I've given up on the season, so I don't really care who the backup is at this point.  Josh Johnson is who he is, and won't have much to read about in the history logs of the Redskins when it is all said and done.  

Probably for the best, consider Josh Johnson stinks.

19 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Why can't we talk about him if he was a guy discussed by the team and it's all over the media? 

The reason the thread wasn't on red alert/warning active was because he was discussed in the media.

However, I wanted to point this thread out to Thai because, as he said, the topic of that player tends to devolve rapidly into conversations of things that have nothing to do with football. As an added side bonus, it also made the same point to the rest of you as well. :)

4 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

But as long as we keep it generic, its ok?  The PFT article I referenced obviously includes why Allen won't let the signing happen- and it isn't football related- but if we keep the remark generic, that should be OK?  

Correct. Just generic in terms of acknowledging the issue. Like "negative baggage" or "PR disaster" or something like that. Refer to the rules for clarification. Just want to make sure no one gets a warning or ban from Webby and make sure that @Woz and I don't get called to the principal's office any more

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

Correct. Just generic in terms of acknowledging the issue. Like "negative baggage" or "PR disaster" or something like that. Refer to the rules for clarification. Just want to make sure no one gets a warning or ban from Webby and make sure that @Woz and I don't get called to the principal's office any more

It's getting a bit tiresome to keep getting called onto the carpet ... make it easier on us, folks? Please?

2 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Understood.  It's a fine line, which I understand, but also one I haven't been used to before, at least with off-field things being fair game.  Also, thank you both for running interference.  I'm usually the principal in these situations, so I get it.  

Remember that preseason game when he was with Tampa and we made him look like a hall of fame qb. He’s probably the best we can get now. 

Heard jay at reporters call- the guy sounds hopeless about the giants game. “We’re trying to figure out a game plan we can use”.  Long sign then says how we first have to figure out who’s going to play guard. He reminded me of this guy 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRa3AsbD_x5xDYlyQLaSUi

And when discussing injuries- This

tenor.gif?itemid=5290001

What really confuses me is how we end up carrying two quarterbacks to be able to have more depth, but when we lost both starting guards, we had to sign someone who had just been cut by another team to start for us.  I know that no team plans to have four guards hurt, but we were barely prepared for two, much less three, then four.  

Yet we carry so many freaking defensive backs, wide receivers and running backs on this roster, you won't ever be able to use them all.  Oh, and let's not forget our four ILB's because neither Foster or Brown can cover worth a damn.  

Our roster construction is absolutely turrible. 

11 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

What really confuses me is how we end up carrying two quarterbacks to be able to have more depth, but when we lost both starting guards, we had to sign someone who had just been cut by another team to start for us.  I know that no team plans to have four guards hurt, but we were barely prepared for two, much less three, then four.  

Yet we carry so many freaking defensive backs, wide receivers and running backs on this roster, you won't ever be able to use them all.  Oh, and let's not forget our four ILB's because neither Foster or Brown can cover worth a damn.  

Our roster construction is absolutely turrible. 

When a bunch of random folks on a football board point to the glaring holes in your roster design way before the season begins, you suck at your job.

18 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

Remember that preseason game when he was with Tampa and we made him look like a hall of fame qb. He’s probably the best we can get now. 

Heard jay at reporters call- the guy sounds hopeless about the giants game. “We’re trying to figure out a game plan we can use”.  Long sign then says how we first have to figure out who’s going to play guard. He reminded me of this guy 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRa3AsbD_x5xDYlyQLaSUi

And when discussing injuries- This

tenor.gif?itemid=5290001

I thought that was actually a regular season game from 09 or something.

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

What else were they supposed to do? 

Sign a young QBs they could develop as a possible future back up off of someone’s practice squad, or had been in a training camp and played well in the preseason but was cut. Someone like a Hogan type or a Sufeld type that wasn’t on a regular season roster.

That’s what I would’ve done.

LMAO.  Guys lets face it the season is over.  We had a chance with Colt but now with Sanchez does it really matter who the backup is?  Are you kidding me.  Also the fact that our defense has taken a HUGE step backwards even if we had Smith or Colt playing well and totally healthy it wouldn't matter.  The problem right now is the defense.  They can't stop the run and they can't get the turnovers they did in the beginning of the season.  It all started actually with Dunbar getting hurt IMO.  This is what I was saying in the beginning of the season, how stupid it was to trade Fuller to the Chiefs.  This front office has made so many blunders is a wonder we have won the games we did.

Archived