2019 Head Coach carousel

jetskid007

Albert Breer suggested Matt Campbell will be a candidate for us; look out for Matt Rhule as well. From NYC, was on the Giants coaching staff in 2012, impressively rebuilt Temple and now doing the same with Baylor in the same fashion Bill O’Brien did at PSU. The big question with both is whether they are ready to leave. 

1 hour ago, Dr.O said:

Honestly I’d like to keep Bates on the staff in some capacity, I know that’s weird to say after a majority of the season but I think the work him and McCown have done to help Sam are finally coming to head.

Additionally, take into account what he has had to work with and the man who ultimately signs off on his game plan. I hope Jeremy remains in some capacity as well, and it wouldn't be unappreciated as these things have happened more and more of late. However, expectation should be that he will be gone unless someone he has a history with is brought on board, or if we hire a coach with a defensive background. 

2 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

Albert Breer suggested Matt Campbell will be a candidate for us; look out for Matt Rhule as well. From NYC, was on the Giants coaching staff in 2012, impressively rebuilt Temple and now doing the same with Baylor in the same fashion Bill O’Brien did at PSU. The big question with both is whether they are ready to leave. 

I would be happy with Matt Campbell. This coaching search is reminiscent of our QB search last year. Hopefully we hit a HR like we did with the QB. It sounds like we are turning over every stone. I like it.

I keep adding to my list of preferred HC. Toub, Campbell, Carmichael, Riley and McCarthy would be solid. 

I don’t think the Harboughs will be an option. 

24 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Sunday night Chris Johnson came out and said " right now the Jets have no interest in Jim Harbaugh, Todd Bowels is my coach" This guy should take a dose of his ( Johnson & Johnson baby power ) that he has been killing people with.

It’s called PR. Bowles is the coach right now. His comments mean nothing.

20 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Sunday night Chris Johnson came out and said " right now the Jets have no interest in Jim Harbaugh, Todd Bowels is my coach" This guy should take a dose of his ( Johnson & Johnson baby power ) that he has been killing people with.

Ironically the father didn't want his two idiot sons to have anything to do with J&J.

"Hey morons here's 2 billion go $#%@ around with that football team that the gas station family is selling. That should keep you guys occupied. OH and ask for this years Hess toy truck please, ya know for my collection" 

Now we are stuck with these retards. If the NFL was a fantasy football league, these would be the two idiots who forget to set their roster and leave their flex spot empty. I'm sure even the other owners know these guys need to go. 

I was driving around yesterday and someone made a great point on the fan that I never really considered.  If we do bring in a good HC and he's not a offensive guy or not the architect of the offense and he's a Harbaugh type leader or a defensive guy then we could get our OC poached.  Lets say it's Harbaugh and he brings in a solid OC to work with Sam and Sam becomes a great QB after 2 seasons.  You know that coach is going to be the next hot HC name and we could lose that guy to a better job.  

By that chance alone we need to be careful and make sure whoever we bring in is the architect of the offense so if the OC gets poached the system remains in place and we can hire within to keep Sam in a stable place.  Finding a creative smart offensive mind to build around our young QB is the most important thing.

Just now, Rockice_8 said:

I was driving around yesterday and someone made a great point on the fan that I never really considered.  If we do bring in a good HC and he's not a offensive guy or not the architect of the offense and he's a Harbaugh type leader or a defensive guy then we could get our OC poached.  Lets say it's Harbaugh and he brings in a solid OC to work with Sam and Sam becomes a great QB after 2 seasons.  You know that coach is going to be the next hot HC name and we could lose that guy to a better job.  

By that chance alone we need to be careful and make sure whoever we bring in is the architect of the offense so if the OC gets poached the system remains in place and we can hire within to keep Sam in a stable place.  Finding a creative smart offensive mind to build around our young QB is the most important thing.

That's the risk you always have with great coaching unfortunately. With that said, we've mostly never had great coaching to worry about it.

Just now, barnaby8787 said:

That's the risk you always have with great coaching unfortunately. With that said, we've mostly never had great coaching to worry about it.

I think Sam is going to be really good though and he's creative enough to elevate players and scheme once he gets comfortable.

If he does then I'd hate to have him get comfortable in a system only to have to switch it up in a few years.

I think all that really means is I want my HC to be the man to design the offensive system so if we eve do get poached Sam isn't starting from scratch.

It's kind of why I'd love to go Jim Harbaugh (despite the wears out his welcome personality he carries) and for us to bring in a guy like Sashi Brown for GM.  Jim can handle the personnel and Brown can handle the contracts/cap.  I think it will take Jim that type of control to make the leap and if we do a Gruden type deal he would probably come.

2 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I think Sam is going to be really good though and he's creative enough to elevate players and scheme once he gets comfortable.

If he does then I'd hate to have him get comfortable in a system only to have to switch it up in a few years.

I think all that really means is I want my HC to be the man to design the offensive system so if we eve do get poached Sam isn't starting from scratch.

It's kind of why I'd love to go Jim Harbaugh (despite the wears out his welcome personality he carries) and for us to bring in a guy like Sashi Brown for GM.  Jim can handle the personnel and Brown can handle the contracts/cap.  I think it will take Jim that type of control to make the leap and if we do a Gruden type deal he would probably come.

100% agree on Sam and yeah, that's a fair argument.  Jim would 100% be that guy.  If you bring in a guy like Toub (who I personally really like), his OC can definitely get poached.  We'll see what happens though.  

Archived