Free Agents

Lil' Shorty

I know it is a new coaching staff, but I wonder how much money they want to invest in at safety considering the depth chart at CB.  Already 3 safeties are on the roster that were drafted.  There is a huge supply at the position relative to CB.  The CB depth chart at this point is Davis, Smith and VH III.  

1 hour ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Lol I wouldn't want either 

Griffin > Glennon for me

And too many safety options to settle on Bethea

But we don't have a lot of money. We're gonna have to settle on lesser free agents if we wanna bring in anyone.

And Griff hasn't played a snap his entire career. And he's only been active on gamedays a few times due to suspension.

12 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I know it is a new coaching staff, but I wonder how much money they want to invest in at safety considering the depth chart at CB.  Already 3 safeties are on the roster that were drafted.  There is a huge supply at the position relative to CB.  The CB depth chart at this point is Davis, Smith and VH III.  

I would prefer a CB. Or a Mathieu who can do both.

15 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Bethea is 35 and his play deteriorated quickly last year.

I'd pass...

It's not like he'd start. He could play the Tandy role.

We need someone in the secondary who hasn't spent their entire career in Smitty's ****ty defensive scheme. Someone who's familiar with coverages other than off quarters. Someone who has experience in an aggressive defense like Bowles is gonna run.

Bethea could be that guy. And the $1M or so he would get is nothing compared to what guys like Earl Thomas and Mathieu are gonna get.

18 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

It's not like he'd start. He could play the Tandy role.

We need someone in the secondary who hasn't spent their entire career in Smitty's ****ty defensive scheme. Someone who's familiar with coverages other than off quarters. Someone who has experience in an aggressive defense like Bowles is gonna run.

Bethea could be that guy. And the $1M or so he would get is nothing compared to what guys like Earl Thomas and Mathieu are gonna get.

Rather sign a slot CB on a 1 year prove it deal if Mathieu gets away...

Or draft another swiss army knife like Chauncey Gardner-Johnson...

Archived