Game Thread vs. Jags

PARROTHEAD

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Or we could’ve learned from past mistakes and just left Sanchez in and not be forced to sacrifice draft choices via trade up. 

That’s a fantasy that only fans like us think about. Coaches & players want to win games.

Guys lets back up a minute and realize something.  This team is decimated with injuries.  We are on our 4th QB.  We have our D secondary banged up.  And still we go to the Jacksonville that is hurting so much for a win and beat them.  The same Jacksonville team that played the Colts at the same place and beat them, more so kept them from scoring.  Hell yea I hate Allen and hell yea I hate Synder but still, today's win shows maybe just maybe we do have a semi-decent team if not for all those injuries.  One thing is for sure, Sanchez was the wrong QB.  Not saying JJ is the man, but hell i will go as far as saying if this front office had any brains, they would have given Kap a chance right after Smith got hurt and most likely we win on of the games we lost (Dallas, Eagles, Giants) with him under center.  

Still Bravo to JJ for the effort.  As our great old coach would say he fought his guts out today.

3 minutes ago, TheGreeK1973 said:

Guys lets back up a minute and realize something.  This team is decimated with injuries.  We are on our 4th QB.  We have our D secondary banged up.  And still we go to the Jacksonville that is hurting so much for a win and beat them.  The same Jacksonville team that played the Colts at the same place and beat them, more so kept them from scoring.  Hell yea I hate Allen and hell yea I hate Synder but still, today's win shows maybe just maybe we do have a semi-decent team if not for all those injuries.  One thing is for sure, Sanchez was the wrong QB.  Not saying JJ is the man, but hell i will go as far as saying if this front office had any brains, they would have given Kap a chance right after Smith got hurt and most likely we win on of the games we lost (Dallas, Eagles, Giants) with him under center.  

Still Bravo to JJ for the effort.  As our great old coach would say he fought his guts out today.

Not to bust your balls here dude but this is the type of stuff that keeps Dan and Bruce doing what they do. There’s fans who will now think this way. This team sucks. They just got smoked last week by a team that got shut out this week and now we’re back to the injuries excuse. Dan and Bruce love this type of thinking. 

12 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Not to bust your balls here dude but this is the type of stuff that keeps Dan and Bruce doing what they do. There’s fans who will now think this way. This team sucks. They just got smoked last week by a team that got shut out this week and now we’re back to the injuries excuse. Dan and Bruce love this type of thinking. 

So, we sucked when we were 80% healthy and still 5-2 and then 6-3 two weeks later when Alex broke his leg?

The team didn’t suck when they had that record, and that was w/o Crowder & CT for over a month and just after PRich was shut down for the year bc of his knee and shoulder injuries. 

I don’t know why it’s lost on some people but injuries really did derail our passing game this year before it ever had any chance to gain chemistry with its new QB.

13 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

lavar you telling me stuff I argued with you for two years.  The fact that this idiot didn't sign Cousins when he should have two years ago, the fact that he continues to make dumb mistakes I have said over and over.  But lets face it, this team did what it did with a semi average QB in Alex Smith, then boom, your starting guards are out, your left tackle is out, then that average QB is out and immediately the next game your semi-decent backup QB is out.  Don't know of any teams in the past on their 4th QB can be competitive.

1 minute ago, TheGreeK1973 said:

lavar you telling me stuff I argued with you for two years.  The fact that this idiot didn't sign Cousins when he should have two years ago, the fact that he continues to make dumb mistakes I have said over and over.  But lets face it, this team did what it did with a semi average QB in Alex Smith, then boom, your starting guards are out, your left tackle is out, then that average QB is out and immediately the next game your semi-decent backup QB is out.  Don't know of any teams in the past on their 4th QB can be competitive.

Applause 👏 

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

So, we sucked when we were 80% healthy and still 5-2 and then 6-3 two weeks later when Alex broke his leg?

The team didn’t suck when they had that record, and that was w/o Crowder & CT for over a month and just after PRich was shut down for the year bc of his knee and shoulder injuries. 

I don’t know why it’s lost on some people but injuries really did derail our passing game this year before it ever had any chance to gain chemistry with its new QB.

Good god, just stop it with the broken leg crap. We hadn’t scored a third quarter TD all year. Our offense was awful outside of AP and our defense finally feel apart. We weren’t good. We were a flukey 6-3 headed to 6-4 with Smith playing like crap against Houston. 

3 minutes ago, TheGreeK1973 said:

Why didn’t we have a young QB in the roster? Why did we go into this season with Lauvao yet again as a starter with no drafted guard? They prepared themselves for nothing. 10 years is more than long enough to realize you need a god damn guard. Why did they go out and overpay a receiver who hasn’t been healthy since college? Come on dude. They get no credit from me for their stupidity. 

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Good god, just stop it with the broken leg crap. We hadn’t scored a third quarter TD all year. Our offense was awful outside of AP and our defense finally feel apart. We weren’t good. We were a flukey 6-3 headed to 6-4 with Smith playing like crap against Houston. 

The 3rd quarter TD really doesn’t matter if you are trying to run out the clock in the second half and protect a lead.

I just said why our offense was struggling to find a rhythm - particularly the passing game - 3 of our best offensive passing weapons were hurt in the first month of the season.

You can act like that’s not a big deal for a new QB in a new offense, but it’s a really big deal of any QB doesn’t have what is supposed to be his #1 WR, his only WR with top end speed and his most explosive playmaker within the first month of the season.

Just now, turtle28 said:

The 3rd quarter TD really doesn’t matter if you are trying to run out the clock in the second half and protect a lead.

I just said why our offense was struggling to find a rhythm - particularly the passing game - 3 of our best offensive passing weapons were hurt in the first month of the season.

You can act like that’s not a big deal for a new QB in a new offense, but it’s a really big deal of any QB doesn’t have what is supposed to be his #1 WR, his only WR with top end speed and his most explosive playmaker within the first month of the season.

Alex Smith was Alex Smith. Why is it so hard for you to understand this? He was exactly what I, and just about everyone on the planet that has seen him play before, expected him to be. There is no explosion in your offense if Alex Smith is your QB. And Paul Richardson isn’t good. Just another Andre Roberts overpay. 

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Why didn’t we have a young QB in the roster? Why did we go into this season with Lauvao yet again as a starter with no drafted guard? They prepared themselves for nothing. 10 years is more than long enough to realize you need a god damn guard. Why did they go out and overpay a receiver who hasn’t been healthy since college? Come on dude. They get no credit from me for their stupidity. 

Is this a rehtorical question? Because you know the answer.

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Alex Smith was Alex Smith. Why is it so hard for you to understand this? He was exactly what I, and just about everyone on the planet that has seen him play before, expected him to be. There is no explosion in your offense if Alex Smith is your QB. And Paul Richardson isn’t good. Just another Andre Roberts overpay. 

How can a QB be good if he doesn’t have 3 of his top 4 offensive weapons? 

Also, you might want to do your research on PRich. He played 15 games in 2014 & 2016 and he played 16 games last year. Now, in 2015 he did only play 1 game.

He was also our most consistent WR this year before he was shut down with his shoulder and knee injuries.

You’re so wrong it’s it has me rolling around on the floor laughing.

Archived