Game Thread vs. Jags

PARROTHEAD

18 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Good god, just stop it with the broken leg crap. We hadn’t scored a third quarter TD all year. Our offense was awful outside of AP and our defense finally feel apart. We weren’t good. We were a flukey 6-3 headed to 6-4 with Smith playing like crap against Houston. 

Yeah, I mean I can see people with rosy scenarios, but the constant defending of this year's team like it was the 2nd coming of the 91 Redskins is just amazing to watch.

10 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Also, you might want to do your research on PRich. He played 15 games in 2014 & 2016 and he played 16 games last year. Now, in 2015 he did only play 1 game.

He was also our most consistent WR this year before he was shut down with his shoulder and knee injuries.

You’re so wrong it’s it has me rolling around on the floor laughing.

He isn’t wrong though...

12 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Also, you might want to do your research on PRich. He played 15 games in 2014 & 2016 and he played 16 games last year. Now, in 2015 he did only play 1 game.

He was also our most consistent WR this year before he was shut down with his shoulder and knee injuries.

You’re so wrong it’s it has me rolling around on the floor laughing.

That's like saying he's the tallest dwarf

10 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yeah, I mean I can see people with rosy scenarios, but the constant defending of this year's team like it was the 2nd coming of the 91 Redskins is just amazing to watch.

That’s not a true reflection of what I thought of this years Redskins team even when it was 100% healthy. I said before the season and even in the first month of the season that they were around an 8-8 or 9-7 team - at best 10-6 - especially bc they had a new QB who was throwing to new WRs and their top WR was also a new FA addition.

Even with all the injuries, they have a chance to have the same record as the team did last year which, I don’t think means they suck.

16 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

That's like saying he's the tallest dwarf

Well it is what it is. PRich came in here and was better than Crowder who was pretty damn good in 2016 but has been a huge disappointment since Djax & Garçon weren’t re-signed.

16 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

He isn’t wrong though...

Yes he is bc he said PRich was always hurt in the pros and it’s not true.

Drafted in 2014:

• 2014 - 15 games

• 2015 - 1 game. He tore his ACL in the 2014-15 NFC Divisional playoff game and missed virtually the entire 2015 season.

• 2016 - 15 games

• 2017 - 16 games

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Yes he is bc he said PRich was always hurt in the pros and it’s not true.

Drafted in 2014:

• 2014 - 15 games

• 2015 - 1 game, I think he tore his ACL that year

• 2016 - 15 games

• 2017 - 16 games

https://sportsinjurypredictor.com/player/paul-richardson/6967

Pretty healthy guy right here. Who needs knees anyway? 

9 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

https://sportsinjurypredictor.com/player/paul-richardson/6967

Pretty healthy guy right here. Who needs knees anyway? 

Projected Games missed for 2018: question mark 1

Well that wasn’t your point. Your point was he’s always been injured in the pros, which is not true. He played every game of his career except for a few games, and all but 1 game after he tore his ACL in the 2014 NFC Divisonal round game in the 2014-15 season:

'Hawks rookie Richardson tears ACL - NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000456795/article/seahawks-receiver-paul-richardson-tears-acl

Rookie Paul Richardson tore his ACL during Saturday's Divisional Round win, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport confirmed Sunday. The wide receiver had made a big impact in recent weeks as one of the only Seattle receivers that can win one-on-one matchups, with 14 catches, 163 yards and a score over the last four weeks. Fox first reported the news.

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Why didn’t we have a young QB in the roster? Why did we go into this season with Lauvao yet again as a starter with no drafted guard? They prepared themselves for nothing. 10 years is more than long enough to realize you need a god damn guard. Why did they go out and overpay a receiver who hasn’t been healthy since college? Come on dude. They get no credit from me for their stupidity. 

All great points and this is where Allen and the front office in general SUCK.   And to add to this, why didn't we have an QB at least on the practice squat, I mean why didn't we hold 3 QBs.  Again all on this horrid front office led by Allen.  No argument, I have been saying the same thing for years about Allen and freaking Synder.  Still you can't at least say we have moved in the right direction with our picks of Allen and Pane.  Seriously what QB we would have gotten at those spots we picked those two.  And, notice, I don't give this on Bruce doing something great, he was lucky Allen fell to us.  Reciever same freaking thing, we had DJax and Garcon, we had all said in here we got to keep at least one, and then we kept none.   We are saying the same thing, Allen has got to go.

But again today, you still have to say at least they didn't fold after that punt return and this guy at QB he is trying his best.  At least they have made it interesting for another week.

Before the season began, I thought the Redskins were in that 7-9 / 9-7 range.

How they got there is somewhat irrelevant. They are who I thought they were.

Also, @Thaiphoon (to answer a question in a previous thread), with the win today, the Redskins have locked themselves out of the top 5 picks. The absolute best they could do now is 6th.

Rooting interests

• Tonight:
    • If you think the Redskins have a chance at the playoffs: the Rams
      • As the Redskins have one more game with the Eagles, you could root for Philly tonight as a hedge. If Washington were to fail-to-lose in week 17, they would be tied for head-to-head and divisional tiebreakers, with Washington having the non-losing tiebreaker when considering conference record.
    • If you are more concerned with draft position for 2019: the Eagles (ick)
  • Tomorrow
    • If you think the Redskins have a chance at the playoffs: the Saints
    • If you are more concerned with draft position for 2019: the Panthers
  • Next week
    • Rooting for regardless
      • Tampa Bay over Dallas (as it stands, Bucs win helps both conditions ... plus it means we root against the Cowboys ... win-win-win)
    • Playoff hopes (beyond the obvious):
      • Detroit over Minnesota
      • Houston over Philadelphia
      • Kansas City over Seattle (SNF)
    • Draft position (beyond the obvious):
      • Miami over Jacksonville (Redskins cannot have a worse record than Jacksonville)
      • Cincinnati over Browns (I think there's a better possibility the Browns defeat the Ravens in week 17 than seeing the Bengals defeat the Steelers in week 17; but this could be to taste)
      • Philadelphia over Houston
      • Carolina over Atlanta (unless you think that the Falcons can defeat both the Panthers and the Saints (in the Superdome))
        • If you want to roll the longer odds, you definitely want the Saints to beat the Steelers next week
        • Should the Eagles win tonight and the Saints win next week, the Saints will have sown up the #1 seed and could be resting people in week 17
        • Also possible that the Rams win tonight and lose next week to the Cardinals ... but I wouldn't be putting any money on that if I were you
      • Denver over Oakland
      • Green Bay over NY Jets
      • Buffalo over New England (you should root against the Patriots on general principle (admittedly, one borne out of jealousy))
      • Detroit-Minnesota to taste
        • Either way, one team goes below the Redskin
      • NY Giants over Indianapolis

1 hour ago, Vladimir L said:

I dont think the Pats go 8 and 8 with their 4th qb

Lucky for them, they’ve never had to try. Also, Belichick’s first year in New England they were 5-11.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_New_England_Patriots_season

Belichick restructured the team's personnel department in the offseason,[5] and later proclaimed that the team "could not win with 40 good players while the other team has 53,"[6]after a number of players showed up out of shape for the start of training camp.[6] The Patriots went on to finish the season 5–11, finishing last in the AFC East and missing the playoffs for the second straight season.

Archived