2018 NFC North Champions---Daaaa Bears!

JAF-N72EX

48 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I'm 54 and have been watching football since the early 70's.  I actually think I can barely remember watching the Vikings/Chiefs in 1969.  It's hard to believe, but there are probably a lot of people on these boards who weren't around to see the '85 Bears shuffle their way to immortality.   

A running joke on 80s TV shows for people in comas or time traveling or whatever.

"Wanna bet the Packers?"

54 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I'm 54 and have been watching football since the early 70's.  I actually think I can barely remember watching the Vikings/Chiefs in 1969.  It's hard to believe, but there are probably a lot of people on these boards who weren't around to see the '85 Bears shuffle their way to immortality.   

I'm one of them that is too young, I was born after 85. Became a fan of the Bears at some point late in Wannstedt's tenure.

Ugh.

4 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I'm one of them that is too young, I was born after 85. Became a fan of the Bears at some point late in Wannstedt's tenure.

Ugh.

That season makes this one look like an office meeting. 

It was insane.  

7 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

That season makes this one look like an office meeting. 

It was insane.  

This still sums it all up for me.  Had they not won it all, they would have been a laughing stock because of it, but when they backed it up - especially in the dominant manner in which they did, they just became icons.  So great!!!

1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

My dad and brothers regularly let me know how awesome it was. My dad said it was like both Bulls' dynasties rolled into one season.

It was like whole country revolved around the Bears season.  

Even Madden was into it.  He called it funnest football season ever.  This is a guy who coached his own Super Bowl wins.  

3 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

This still sums it all up for me.  Had they not won it all, they would have been a laughing stock because of it, but when they backed it up - especially in the dominant manner in which they did, they just became icons.  So great!!!

Its one thing to verbally guarantee a win ala Nammoth .

Quite another to record Super Bowl shuffle before the playoffs.

They were crazy.

7 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I was in grade school.  Every grade school kid in Illinois had that song memorized AND performed it in school dressed up as their favorite player.  

9 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Iron Mike looks weird AF not having the crazy eyes. lol

The offense did not matter with the 85 Bears, all you wanted to do was watch the defense play. A three and out was great because you knew the D was coming on the field and another chance to watch the greatest defense of all time. It was unreal how good they were.

4 minutes ago, dafreak said:

The offense did not matter with the 85 Bears, all you wanted to do was watch the defense play. A three and out was great because you knew the D was coming on the field and another chance to watch the greatest defense of all time. It was unreal how good they were.

The offense was fun to watch at times too though.  Sweetness was great of course, and Jim McMahon was a wildman too.  I heard somewhere that someone was spying on the Bears practice one time (I think it was in a helicopter), and McMahon got fed up with them and mooned them!   Then you had the Fridge running the ball in on goal line situations.  

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

The offense was fun to watch at times too though.  Sweetness was great of course, and Jim McMahon was a wildman too.  I heard somewhere that someone was spying on the Bears practice one time (I think it was in a helicopter), and McMahon got fed up with them and mooned them!   Then you had the Fridge running the ball in on goal line situations.  

No doubt, but as a fan, you wanted to watch that defense...This Bears team is good but still nowhere near what that team was...

Archived