Overreaction Monday

stl4life07

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

I agree. No team has figured out the Saints. They are like the Rams where they get too cute and forget they have a running game

Ugh, this x1000. 

Last few Rams games have left me scratching my head. Goff is clearly struggling a little. Just feed that hoss in the backfield named Gurly until things open back up. Ahh well. Get use to it my friend. I see a lot of similarities between McVay and Payton.

4 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Teams have figured out the Saints offense.

The Saints are averaging 16.2pts per game over the past 3 weeks. They are averaging less points per game than the Rams over the past 3 weeks. Thats not good. Whats even worst is, the Rams can blame their struggles on offense on turnovers. I dont think the Saints have turned the ball over much so one would think there is no way they should only be scoring a few ticks over 16pts on offense. 

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 10:16 AM, stl4life07 said:

Im just stating what Im sure people are thinking by the way the Rams have been playing the past 3 games. Its a long season so this there was going to be a slump of some sorts. I dont think the league has all of a sudden figured out the Rams. They had 16 games last season, the entire offseason, and 13 weeks this season to figure the Rams out and they didnt. I dont buy that one day randomly, the Lions, Bears, and Eagles just figured the Rams out. I think the Rams will right the ship, the Eagles for the lack of better terms, showed the heart of a champion.

Just quoting this for the hypocrisy. 

Saints offense has three games where they don't score a lot of points = they are figured out

Rams offense has three games where they don't score a lot of points = they just had a slump 

Unbelievable. You just have no credibility right now with all of the outlandish, homer statements you make every single week. Take off the smog covered glasses. 

(I have repeatedly stated my opinion that the rams offense has been figured out, happy to explain why if you want to get into it)

55 minutes ago, SWATcha said:

Ugh, this x1000. 

Last few Rams games have left me scratching my head. Goff is clearly struggling a little. Just feed that hoss in the backfield named Gurly until things open back up. Ahh well. Get use to it my friend. I see a lot of similarities between McVay and Payton.

I totally agree. Trust me, my friend and I both talk about that all the time. He gets just as frustrated as a Saints fan as I get with the Rams. Just turn and hand Kamara and Ingram the ball. Just like that Tampa Bay game, the Saints offense did nothing until they started giving Ingram the ball. Against the Cowboys, did the Saints forget they had Ingram? I just dont get it with either coach sometimes. I get Brees is great and Goff has shown the ability to play at a high level but the offense runs through Ingram, Kamara, and Gurley. 

59 minutes ago, N4L said:

Just quoting this for the hypocrisy. 

Saints offense has three games where they don't score a lot of points = they are figured out

Rams offense has three games where they don't score a lot of points = they just had a slump 

Unbelievable. You just have no credibility right now with all of the outlandish, homer statements you make every single week. Take off the smog covered glasses. 

(I have repeatedly stated my opinion that the rams offense has been figured out, happy to explain why if you want to get into it)

Wait! Wait one minute! I said that as an overreaction to what others might think. If you read my other post, I said the Saints offense hasnt been figured out. I dont believe it for one second. Thats why this thread is called overreaction. The Saints offense being figured out is totally an overreaction. 

1 hour ago, stl4life07 said:

Wait! Wait one minute! I said that as an overreaction to what others might think. If you read my other post, I said the Saints offense hasnt been figured out. I dont believe it for one second. Thats why this thread is called overreaction. The Saints offense being figured out is totally an overreaction. 

Ah, I went back and saw your other post that was basically right above mine. Didn't see it before. 

Forgot that it was an overreaction thread, but I guess I also overreacted LOL 

Have a like for the trouble. 

Coincidentally I think the formula to beat both offenses is pretty similar and that teams have started to figure it out. Takes the right personel to implement it, but both teams are beatable right now. 

8 minutes ago, N4L said:

Ah, I went back and saw your other post that was basically right above mine. Didn't see it before. 

Forgot that it was an overreaction thread, but I guess I also overreacted LOL 

Have a like for the trouble. 

Coincidentally I think the formula to beat both offenses is pretty similar and that teams have started to figure it out. Takes the right personel to implement it, but both teams are beatable right now. 

We all good lol. Im like that too where I dont read other posts or all of a post before I comment. I agree I think there is a formula to really solve any team the main thing for both the Rams and Saints is to stick to the run. Their offenses click when the running game is going especially on the road. Goff for some reason this season hasnt been stellar on the road but the Rams only lost one game and that was due to Gurley not being involved. The Saints likewise. Brees hasnt been stellar on the road this season but the team only has one road loss and thats because Ingram was not involved. 

2 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

I just dont get it with either coach sometimes. 

I think Payton gets caught up in his own "offensive guru" hype sometimes lol. I'm sure McVay isn't much different with his "wiz kid" hype. They just get too cute and outsmart themselves sometimes while trying to show the rest of the world how genius they are.....Wait until you and your friend have this discussion....

Me: "Wtf just happened?!!?"

Friend: "Turnover on downs"

Me: "Ya, I know that, thank you captain obvious. You serious? What the hell kind of call was that?!!?"

Friend: "I think it was a triple reverse WR pass that lost 5 yards"

Me: "On 4th and inches?!?!?!?!"

Friend: "Ya, like 3 inches. Maybe 2 and a half"

Me: "I hate you Payton!!"

4 hours ago, SWATcha said:

Ugh, this x1000. 

The Saints didn't forget about their run game. We just stopped them. It is possible. You just need a fast aggressive defense. Otherwise prepare for a shootout.

1 hour ago, SWATcha said:

I think Payton gets caught up in his own "offensive guru" hype sometimes lol. I'm sure McVay isn't much different with his "wiz kid" hype. They just get too cute and outsmart themselves sometimes while trying to show the rest of the world how genius they are.....Wait until you and your friend have this discussion....

Me: "Wtf just happened?!!?"

Friend: "Turnover on downs"

Me: "Ya, I know that, thank you captain obvious. You serious? What the hell kind of call was that?!!?"

Friend: "I think it was a triple reverse WR pass that lost 5 yards"

Me: "On 4th and inches?!?!?!?!"

Friend: "Ya, like 3 inches. Maybe 2 and a half"

Me: "I hate you Payton!!"

Trust me, my friend and I had those discussions alot. There is such thing as overthinking. I forgot who said this but someone said Keep It Simple Stupid. Even Bill Belichick overthink things. Like putting Gronk out there to defend a hailmary play without thinking that Tannehill cant throw the ball that far with his injury. That left Gronk to actually try to chase down Drake and tackle him when the only reason Gronk was out there was to knock the ball down on a long throw. So I just think both Payton and McVay just need to take a step back and not try to reinvent the wheel. Run the ball then play off of it. Dont try to do split Brees out wide and snap directly to Hill. Dont try to have Goff throw 44 times when Gurley is getting 5+ yds a carry but he dont have but 10 rush attempts the entire game. 

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

The Saints didn't forget about their run game. We just stopped them. It is possible. You just need a fast aggressive defense. Otherwise prepare for a shootout.

Cowboys came to play that game. Not sure anything the Saints did would of changed the outcome of that game. I might be a little jealous of that trio of LBs in Dallas O.o

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

What is the definition of stopping the run? In the Saints/Cowboys game, Kamara had 11 rush attempts. Ingram had 7 rush attempts. Ingram is the power back so he shouldve gotten more touches to try and wear the Cowboys defense down throughout the game. He did average 3.9yds per carry. Thats not horrible and I thought if he wouldve gotten more than 7 rush attempts maybe that average wouldve went up as the Cowboys defense wear down trying to tackle Ingram the entire game. 

Perfect example of that is Derrick Henry. He is the type of back that need to be fed the ball over and over again throughout the game. As the game progresses he will get stronger and the defense will wear down. He struggled badly throughout the season because the Titans kept being too cute with him and Lewis in the backfield. Just recently they decided to go all in on Henry. The past two games combined he rushed the ball 50 times. Not a coincidence that his yards and yards per carry has been the most these past two weeks than it has been the entire season prior to this.

So Im not taking nothing away from Dallas performance against the Saints but I dont consider stopping the run when the opposing team only gives it to their back a combined 18 times. Considering Ingram is the power back and had more success rushing the ball than Kamara did, I wouldve like to see him get more than 7 rush attempts. If he wouldve seen at least 15 rush attempts it wouldve been interesting to see how things wouldve played out over the course of the game. 

33 minutes ago, SWATcha said:

Cowboys came to play that game. Not sure anything the Saints did would of changed the outcome of that game. I might be a little jealous of that trio of LBs in Dallas O.o

Trio's about to be the duos. But yea if Lee was 5 years younger and could actually last 16 games. I would totally add to this overreaction thread and call them the GOAT LB core. ;)

Archived