Overreaction Monday

stl4life07

54 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Again that formula worked for the Ravens in 2012 lol. The only difference is Flacco was playing for a big payday. Cousins already got his big payday. He can continue to choke and still know the Vikings are stuck giving him his money.

come on...it's not like Cousins is on 6 years contract...this 3 years period is also extremely crucial for him too...if he does well, then he will definitely gonna get another big contract after 2020 season..if not, he is probably gonna get a mediocre contract. Moreover, there is ton of pressure on him from media and fans, he needs to atleast finish the season well, reach playoffs & perform well in playoffs, maybe atleast then majority of the fanbase will start believing in him. 

1 hour ago, ILoveTheVikings said:

Vikings are getting hot and will blow everyone out en route to the superbowl (and win!)

Hahaha, "hot" as in finally winning one after a 2 game skid that came on the heels of a W,L,W,L,W,L,L streak? Man, that's HOT!!!

It's amazing that a tie is what's keeping them in the #6 spot right now.

4 hours ago, Forge said:

I mean, there's only 2 games left and one of them is against the Bengals. I'd say that there's a close to 50/50 shot that this is true. They are certainly capable of being Baltimore, though I don't find it likely. 

Cold man, that's cold.

Teams have figured out the Saints offense.

The Saints are averaging 16.2pts per game over the past 3 weeks. They are averaging less points per game than the Rams over the past 3 weeks. Thats not good. Whats even worst is, the Rams can blame their struggles on offense on turnovers. I dont think the Saints have turned the ball over much so one would think there is no way they should only be scoring a few ticks over 16pts on offense. 

27 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Teams have figured out the Saints offense.

The Saints are averaging 16.2pts per game over the past 3 weeks. They are averaging less points per game than the Rams over the past 3 weeks. Thats not good. Whats even worst is, the Rams can blame their struggles on offense on turnovers. I dont think the Saints have turned the ball over much so one would think there is no way they should only be scoring a few ticks over 16pts on offense. 

I don't think teams have figured out the Saints offense as much as the Saints offense just isn't playing so hot. They clearly need a #2, as the rookies just aren't getting it done on a consistent basis. Hopefully Ginn is slated to return soon.

I think Payton and his play calling have fallen into a lull as well. They have one of the best RB tandems in the league, use it.  The run was working against the Panthers last night, but they kept trying to pass pass pass. 3 straight runs for a TD, and then they try to pass for the 2pt conversion. Sometimes Payton gets too cute and outsmarts himself.....Saints fans are use to this though.

Next 2 games are at home, in the dome. If they still come out laying eggs on offense.....then ya, Houston, we have a problem. 

The Rams being one & done is certainly not an overreaction. They have all the recipes to being a one & done team. Bad pass D/rush. Horrific run D. McVay being too pass happy more times than not. OLine starting to fall off a cliff, mostly the interior. Kupp being out is hurting a lot.

But then again I have never seen you criticize the Rams for anything, & if you do if the times ever comes, there would be a backway compliment of some sort.

I feel like the only good defensive players on the Rams this year has been Donald(obviously) & John Johnson.

45 minutes ago, ClutchDJ said:

The Rams being one & done is certainly not an overreaction. They have all the recipes to being a one & done team. Bad pass D/rush. Horrific run D. McVay being too pass happy more times than not. OLine starting to fall off a cliff, mostly the interior. Kupp being out is hurting a lot.

But then again I have never seen you criticize the Rams for anything, & if you do if the times ever comes, there would be a backway compliment of some sort.

I feel like the only good defensive players on the Rams this year has been Donald(obviously) & John Johnson.

I hear you lol. But no I agree I think the Rams have the recipe to be a one and done but they have won 11 games this season and 22 games over the past two seasons playing that same way. Last season in the playoffs they lost that game on two special teams turnovers that hurt them. They tried to comeback but two endzone drops by Higbee and Watkins sure didn’t help. Not to mention Gurley had 101yds rushing averaging 7.2ypc but somehow he only had 14 rushing attempts. I think the Rams understand how important it is to get a bye in the playoffs. Last season it was great just making it to the postseason. Now the mindset is making some noise and trying to win it all. I’ll still stick by the claim that the only two teams I trust in the playoffs is the Saints and Rams. If I had to add another team it’s the Seahawks because of Wilson. Outside of that we shall see what Dak and Trubisky can do if they have to go on the road and if Cousins can just win a game in the playoffs on a big stage. 

2 hours ago, SWATcha said:

I don't think teams have figured out the Saints offense as much as the Saints offense just isn't playing so hot. They clearly need a #2, as the rookies just aren't getting it done on a consistent basis. Hopefully Ginn is slated to return soon.

I think Payton and his play calling have fallen into a lull as well. They have one of the best RB tandems in the league, use it.  The run was working against the Panthers last night, but they kept trying to pass pass pass. 3 straight runs for a TD, and then they try to pass for the 2pt conversion. Sometimes Payton gets too cute and outsmarts himself.....Saints fans are use to this though.

Next 2 games are at home, in the dome. If they still come out laying eggs on offense.....then ya, Houston, we have a problem. 

I agree. No team has figured out the Saints. They are like the Rams where they get too cute and forget they have a running game. 

Archived