Montae Nicholson arrested

MikeT14

40 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Good! Again, what did the guy say to him? No one knows! It’s also just a fight, big deal. One guy who was probably running his mouth and thought he was tough got hit by a guy and laid out. It happens. 

Maybe the guy with the weak jaw won’t go running his mouth off next time.

I’m so tired of this weak world we live in now. It was just a fight, just a punch between two grown men. It’s not a big deal at all to me. In fact, I don’t even think he should’ve been charged with a assault. 

So, we’re not allowed to punch guys who talk a ish but can’t back it up in the USA now?

GTFOH

Somewhere along the lines turtle may have become a troll account.

2 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yeah...lack of discipline on this whole team.

Free lifetime membership to the "Jelly of the Month" club.

Look, bro, I dont know where you hail from, but round here, if you cant do your job drunk, you're not good enough at it sober.

32 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Disagree. If some dude comes grabbing on my wife or calls me a whatever or my wife and I think it’s inappropriate they better be ready for a fight. 

Seems this forum is soft. This team needs some tough guys like we had in the 70s & 80s.

Let me see here.

If I get in a fight because some jackhole says something stupid and am arrested for assault, I can lose my job.
If I lose my job, that means my pay and my benefits evaporate.
I also have to find a new job, which will be harder because I now have an arrest on my record.
Oh, and I have to pay legal fees as well to stay out of jail. Because if I'm in jail, I cannot earn any money and it's that much harder to get a next job.

So, yeah, I'm going to walk away because it isn't worth it. And yeah, I've actually thought this through.

But I guess I'm just not "tough," huh?

49 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

So, we’re not allowed to punch guys who talk a ish but can’t back it up in the USA now?

Quoting my coworker (who I was reading the whole thread to): "Umm, I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but yes, that's exactly what it means."

To follow up on his quote, that was never allowed in the Commonwealth (or at least as far back as I can tell looking at the code of Virginia). There's no "well, he started it with his words" legal defense. Now, to be fair, I'm not a lawyer, so maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think that you'd win this in court. Ever.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Good! Again, what did the guy say to him? No one knows! It’s also just a fight, big deal. One guy who was probably running his mouth and thought he was tough got hit by a guy and laid out. It happens. 

Maybe the guy with the weak jaw won’t go running his mouth off next time.

I’m so tired of this weak world we live in now. It was just a fight, just a punch between two grown men. It’s not a big deal at all to me. In fact, I don’t even think he should’ve been charged with a assault. 

GTFOH

Yeah, remember when I said your response to the Foster signing (by attacking fans) was monumentally the worst take to have??

I was wrong. You've somehow surpassed it with this.

Congrats.

22 minutes ago, Woz said:

Quoting my coworker (who I was reading the whole thread to): "Umm, I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but yes, that's exactly what it means."

To follow up on his quote, that was never allowed in the Commonwealth (or at least as far back as I can tell looking at the code of Virginia). There's no "well, he started it with his words" legal defense. Now, to be fair, I'm not a lawyer, so maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think that you'd win this in court. Ever.

This is pretty much correct. Unless you can show that the words said led you to have a reasonable fear for your life.

However,  there is always jury nullification.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Disagree. If some dude comes grabbing on my wife or calls me a whatever or my wife and I think it’s inappropriate they better be ready for a fight. 

Seems this forum is soft. This team needs some tough guys like we had in the 70s & 80s.

You don’t think Riggo, the Hogs and Manley weren’t getting into fights in the 80s? Or BMitch in the 90s?

Please, there just wasn’t TMZ and social media back then for every MMQB & arm chair GM to complain about it.

Grabbing your wife is assault. Defending her is acceptable. Hitting someone because they hurt your feelz?

Yeah...that's not.

And dont sully other players and invent things you have fantasized that they might have done, to defend your position. 

You're going further down into the rabbit hole here

1 minute ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yeah, remember when I said your response to the Foster signing (by attacking fans) was monumentally the worst take to have??

I was wrong. You've somehow surpassed it with this.

Congrats.

Whatever, says the guys who tell us how great their middle school and high school years were when half of the team was drunks and routinely getting in bar fights and talk about it on the air today or one of the teams best players of the 80s/early 90s was a coke head.

You can think whatever you want. I’m tired of this team having choir boys and finishing at best 9-7.

8 minutes ago, Slateman said:

This is pretty much correct. Unless you can show that the words said led you to have a reasonable fear for your life.

However,  there is always jury nullification.

Correct. And no jury is gonna buy the "fear for my life" excuse  in this situation

5 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Whatever, says the guys who tell us how great their middle school and high school years were when half of the team was drunks and routinely getting in bar fights and talk about it on the air today or one of the teams best players of the 80s/early 90s was a coke head.

You can think whatever you want. I’m tired of this team having choir boys and finishing at best 9-7.

Again...your defenses are getting more and more ridiculous.

You're grasping.

Unless Montae can show he was defending his companion fromma physical assault, he deserves to be punished. That's the law.

4 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Grabbing your wife is assault. Defending her is acceptable. Hitting someone because they hurt your feelz?

Yeah...that's not.

And dont sully other players and invent things you have fantasized that they might have done, to defend your position. 

You're going further down into the rabbit hole here

You don’t know what the other couple did that provoked Nicholson & his girlfriend do you?

I don’t know how you can have the positon that it’s all Nicholson’s fault with only having 1/2 the facts.

Just now, Thaiphoon said:

Again...your defenses are getting more and more ridiculous.

You're grasping.

Unless Montae can show he was defending his companion fromma physical assault, he deserves to be punished. That's the law.

I’m not grasping, just pointing out facts.

Archived