Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

12 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

Very mean looking car....

but the plate should have been “JSWNBB” (not JTWYN) and the “Raiders” across that massive wing Is TACKY.... the wing is already a bit “Ricey” for Ford Muscle Car IMO (but i do understand it’s a CF wing as part of a CF Track Package with weight reductions).... but to have the massive “Raiders” lettering is too much.  It’s almost like they HAD to use the graphic somewhere and slapped it on the wing.  The paint job / vinyl wrap in silver and black is more than enough.  They could have had some type of holographic “Raiders” image in the paint .... something subtle.

dont get me wrong it’s a sick car.... but I’m a little skeptical that the cars just a stock GT500 with track package (wing, CF parts, and Rims) plus some some vinyl graphics that were slapped on for the photo. Not to mention “the dealership gave Gruden” Means they gave him a free short term lease and then will strip the vinyl off and sell it to someone.

• Like 1

I heard a very interesting football news note.  Due to Covid 19 one team is not using a huddle in an effort to separate or distance the players.  I know this is a very effective training procedure.  If you can do this often during a game you will give the opposing team fits.  The NFL doesn't use it enough in my opinion and I know why.  Carr can call audibles as needed.  I'd like to see the Raiders do more of this.

13 minutes ago, S&B Bleeder said:

I heard a very interesting football news note.  Due to Covid 19 one team is not using a huddle in an effort to separate or distance the players.  I know this is a very effective training procedure.  If you can do this often during a game you will give the opposing team fits.  The NFL doesn't use it enough in my opinion and I know why.  Carr can call audibles as needed.  I'd like to see the Raiders do more of this.

Interesting. I have always been a fan of no huddle. Makes it so hard for D to get the right personnel, formations, plays, matchups, etc. 

Carr does have the ability to do this. 

I would like to see a no huddle offense not a hurry up no huddle but getting into the a base formation and then calling the plays and making adjustments an audibles and what not. 

McVay loves to do this and does it a lot cause it allows him speak with Goff and allow McVay to read over the defense. Carr wouldn’t need Gruden to read the defense cause he is very football smart, but it would be good to have that communication while getting both set of eyes on the defense. 

9 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

I would like to see a no huddle offense not a hurry up no huddle but getting into the a base formation and then calling the plays and making adjustments an audibles and what not. 

McVay loves to do this and does it a lot cause it allows him speak with Goff and allow McVay to read over the defense. Carr wouldn’t need Gruden to read the defense cause he is very football smart, but it would be good to have that communication while getting both set of eyes on the defense. 

Wait.... I thought the mic between the coach and the QB cuts off before he gets to the line.... no?  

10 hours ago, S&B Bleeder said:

If TD celebrations where teammates get within 6’ of each other or have more than 3 people I’ll stop watching lol.

Thats a nice idea I theory.... until you realize 6-8 players from both team will end up literally laying on each other.... breathing band dripping sweat on each other about 10 seconds after the skipped huddle.

6 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Wait.... I thought the mic between the coach and the QB cuts off before he gets to the line.... no?  

Negative it cuts off at the 15 second mark on the play clock. That's why McVay uses it so often because hes able to scan over the defense and communicate that to Goff. 

11 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Negative it cuts off at the 15 second mark on the play clock. That's why McVay uses it so often because hes able to scan over the defense and communicate that to Goff. 

I did not know that.... 

yeah we should definitely no huddle more that seems like a great advantage 

even besides communicating with the coaches.... I think just seeing the defense and making adjustments/audibles is a major advantage.  Gannon was very good at that and even the Carr haters can’t say he’s not smart.  It’s better to see how the defense lines up and call a play that should work best vs that defense than just run the random play a coach calls because of the down and distance and past defensive schemes.  

I will say having a guy like Bowden who can line up at RB then WR interchangeably would be very useful because shifting him tips the coverage of the defense.

Edited by jimkelly02

I always thought Carr was great when we went no huddle.  It is a positive and can be a detriment but when using the no huddle it limits his thinking before acting and he has a much better rhythm.  I know they were not talking about us because I have seen pictures of us in a huddle.  I do not like that a QB and coach can communicate that long.  The coach should have a 5 second window to call in the play only.  This makes a cerebral QB and crowd noise more important.  You got to get it right the first time and trust that your QB understands what you are trying to do and what his options are.

• Like 1