Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

Just now, NYRaider said:

My personal preference is probably still:

• 2/3: MSV, Fuller, Chark

• Draft Jahan Dotson in the 2nd round

Jahan is my man crush this draft. I’d not even be mad if they took him in the first. Preferably after a small trade down. 

• Like 1

Just now, NYRaider said:

My personal preference is probably still:

• 2/3: MSV, Fuller, Chark

• Draft Jahan Dotson in the 2nd round

I don't think Dotson is there at our second pick.  I honestly think Williams will fall to 22 and he HAS to be the pick if he's there. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FloydFan said:

Jahan is my man crush this draft. I’d not even be mad if they took him in the first. Preferably after a small trade down. 

Dotson is my man crush as well, would love to draft him and then sign Chark/MSV.

A WR group of: Chark, MSV, Dotson, Renfrow, Edwards would be filthy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Dotson is my man crush as well, would love to draft him and then sign Chark/MSV.

A WR group of: Chark, MSV, Dotson, Renfrow, Edwards would be filthy.

I’d love Juju, Fuller, Dotson, etc but yes I’m  right there with you. That’s the kind of full approach we need to take to getting the WR core right. I’m about it. 

Edited by FloydFan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Totty said:

I don't think Dotson is there at our second pick.  I honestly think Williams will fall to 22 and he HAS to be the pick if he's there. 

Would be happy with Jameo, hopefully we have a strong free agency class so we don't have huge holes going into the draft and can just go BPA.

• Like 1

Just now, FloydFan said:

I’d love Juju, Fuller, Dotson, etc but yes one right there with you. That’s the kind of full approach we need to take to getting the WR core right. I’m about it. 

If we were signing JuJu and drafting Dotson, I'd probably prefer MSV over Fuller. Less injury concern, bigger body, and provides a similar skill set. 

Just now, FloydFan said:

Fair. I just worry about how much the Rodgers bump means for him. 

Fuller really only produced playing with Watson next to a top 5 WR in Hopkins as well. MSV is primed to be a guy that could be a 1 year prove it deal type of player as well. GB will be in cap hell and he can potentially earn a huge deal with a productive season.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Fuller really only produced playing with Watson next to a top 5 WR in Hopkins as well. MSV is primed to be a guy that could be a 1 year prove it deal type of player as well. GB will be in cap hell and he can potentially earn a huge deal with a productive season.

No I don’t disagree with Fuller having Watson slinging or anything. I just don’t think MSV is settling for a one year prove it deal and think you have a better chance of getting Fuller for that because of the injury history. 

2 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

No I don’t disagree with Fuller having Watson slinging or anything. I just don’t think MSV is settling for a one year prove it deal and think you have a better chance of getting Fuller for that because of the injury history. 

I could see MSV taking a 1 year prove it deal because he was hurt for a good portion of this season and if he can produce without Rodgers he'd line himself up for a potentially massive payday next offseason. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I could see MSV taking a 1 year prove it deal because he was hurt for a good portion of this season and if he can produce without Rodgers he'd line himself up for a potentially massive payday next offseason. 

Would be happy with the signing if it’s a prove it. I’m happy with either him or Fuller as long as its in that mold. 

Edited by FloydFan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, FloydFan said:

Would be happy with the signing if it’s a prove it. I’m happy with either him or Fuller as long as its in that mold. 

Considering the approach that the Patriots have taken at WR in recent off-seasons I could see us going with a similar strategy. Signing a tier two WR like Christian Kirk or JuJu and then someone on a 1 year prove it deal like Fuller. 

That'd allow us to skip on WR early if we have someone else higher on our board. A group of Fuller, JuJu, Renfrow, Waller, and Edwards would be solid.

Just now, NYRaider said:

Considering the approach that the Patriots have taken at WR in recent off-seasons I could see us going with a similar strategy. Signing a tier two WR like Christian Kirk or JuJu and then someone on a 1 year prove it deal like Fuller. 

That'd allow us to skip on WR early if we have someone else higher on our board. A group of Fuller, JuJu, Renfrow, Waller, and Edwards would be solid.

Would be happy going into the season with that. It would make sense with the classic patriots strategy and allow for a heavy OL draft which I think is very likely. 

Just now, FloydFan said:

Would be happy going into the season with that. It would make sense with the classic patriots strategy and allow for a heavy OL draft which I think is very likely. 

Sign Fuller/JuJu and then draft:

1. DeMarvin Leal | DT | Texas A&M

2. Daniel Faalele | OT | Minnesota

3. Tyler Smith | OL | Tulsa 

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Sign Fuller/JuJu and then draft:

1. DeMarvin Leal | DT | Texas A&M

2. Daniel Faalele | OT | Minnesota

3. Tyler Smith | OL | Tulsa 

Leal is so far my favorite DT in this draft so I’m about it. I like Faalele but think he may go higher than our second pick. I think he could rock the PBS McDaniels likes. Like Smith too but feel he may sneak into the second by the end of it all.