Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, roi34 said:

i want Adams but at what cost? tough to pay wr 25 mill and have to resign crosby waller

Renfrow, Carr, 3-4 DTs, backup QB and RBs, replace our bad contracts if we cut them, etc... We only have 10 starters from this year signed in 2023 and only have $27 million in cap space.  Cutting bad contracts can give us another $17 but that is still not enough. A lot of space in 2023 but pushing these moves back until then will cost us a lot more in the long run.

• Like 2

I’d only trade for Thomas if it was a situation like with Detroit getting extra picks to take on guaranteed salary of Goff and that’s not the case with Thomas.   It’s the same hit to trade or cut. 

I wouldn’t even want him for free Because we’d be taking on his 15M salary.  With his injury history and the fact he’s a big Slot WR I’d much rather pay a few more million for Allen Robinson or a few Less million for the 2nd tier WRs.

in all seriousness…. If/When Dallas Cuts Cooper I’d consider bringing him back if the price was right.  He isn’t a WR1, probably won’t be paid like one.  But we don’t need a WR1 with Waller, Renfrow, and our depth pieces (Edwards/Zay Jones/etc).

In the end I think the best value would be drafting a guy like Garrett Wilson / Jameson Williams (if he checks out medically).  
If we’re picking and Garrett Wilson and Kenyon Green RT are both their and rated near equally…. I think it makes sense to sign a RT for 6-10M and draft a WR instead of signing a WR for 12-25M and drafting a RT.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

If we’re picking and Garrett Wilson and Kenyon Green RT are both their and rated near equally…. I think it makes sense to sign a RT for 6-10M and draft a WR instead of signing a WR for 12-25M and drafting a RT.

Interesting I’d take him in the first even as a guard you like him at RT?

18 hours ago, Edz209 said:

Interesting I’d take him in the first even as a guard you like him at RT?

I had to watch more Tape to get I am a fall analysis but from what I seen so far I think you play right tackle.  If you can’t play right tackle at a high-level there’s no way I will take him. Under no circumstances what I take a guard in the first unless they were On Quentin Nelson’s level.  And under no circumstances at all I ever Draft two guards the first rounds in back to back years.  Guard position just does not have enough value to Warrant Spending that much Draft Capital.  You can get top quality guards in round two and three and develop prospects from the mid round into quality starters after theyre first for a year.