Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

19 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Punters*

Kickers are pretty normal for the most part. Carlson, Tucker, Gould, etc. Outside of Jano who was the kicker equivalent of Kenny Stabler. Probably down a 12 pack before and after the game. 

Just violence lol.  24 beers in about a 5-7 hour span with a 3 hour break in-between except for maybe half time.

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Cliff Branch finally makes the HOF!!! Richard Seymour too (Kinda a Raider)?

All I remember of Seymour is being (rightfully) upset about being traded to Oakland last minute. Absolutely dominating week 1 having just joined the team. Then punching Ben Roethlisberger. 

Happy for Cliff Brranch. Now if Davis would just chill on trying to replicate Cliff Branch every year in the offense.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

All I remember of Seymour is being (rightfully) upset about being traded to Oakland last minute. Absolutely dominating week 1 having just joined the team. Then punching Ben Roethlisberger. 

Happy for Cliff Brranch. Now if Davis would just chill on trying to replicate Cliff Branch every year in the offense.

Definitely remember the Big Ben hit.

36 minutes ago, Totty said:

Lol and Bens flop. 

How big were his balls to hit the QB in the face while surrounded by the entire o-line.  I do not care how tuff you are.  It was around the time the rape allegations came out so I wonder if the O-line told him to take a cheap shot and they will just act like they are defending him.

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Crazy that the Steelers had Hines Ward, Randel El, Emmanuel Sanders, Mike Wallace and rookie Antonio Brown that season with prime Ben.

And people say Ben is better than Wilson in the comparison section, lol. Ben is great and was a Top 10 QB just about every year, but was only a Top 5 guy a couple of years. That was usually dominated by Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Rivers, Brees, and starting in 2013, Wilson. Wilson has been a Top 5 QB every year since his Super Bowl win. And up until 2019, Wilson never had the WR’s and OL Ben had. OL still kind of sucks. WR’s are good now but not as good as Ben’s prime. 

28 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’ve always liked Joel Klatt. Speaks a lot of common sense. “You don’t pay WR’s. You don’t pay RB’s. You don’t pay QB’s unless they are a Top 5 guy, maybe Top 10 guy. You pay pass rushers.”

Pay Crosby. Please and thank you. 

This is why I would like to go in a different direction if Carr wants mid $30 on an extension.  Got a lot of other people that need to get paid.  We might take a step back but it could pay off big.  Got to bet big to win big.  This is just my philosophy and others can feel differently but  QB contracts are getting insane along with WRs.  Especially if Adams gets $30.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

This is why I would like to go in a different direction if Carr wants mid $30 on an extension.  Got a lot of other people that need to get paid.  We might take a step back but it could pay off big.  Got to bet big to win big.  This is just my philosophy and others can feel differently but  QB contracts are getting insane along with WRs.  Especially if Adams gets $30.

QBs I'm ok with getting paid but not Adams he's great but not generational great. He's not Moss or Rice great. I don't even think he's the best WR in the NFL.

3 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

QBs I'm ok with getting paid but not Adams he's great but not generational great. He's not Moss or Rice great. I don't even think he's the best WR in the NFL.

Elite QBs I am okay paying but the 10-15 range should not be getting mid 30's+.  $15-20 million could make a huge difference in the team if you have a good front office.  Easily upgrade a few positions from average players to pro bowlers.  If Carr took that pay cut and we spent it on the o-line we would go from 22nd to 4th in cap space dedicated to the o-line.  Not saying they would be the 4th best because that comes down to value and talent evaluation but it would give the front office the chance to upgrade.  This was my point about Carr.  If he is not capable of overcoming deficiencies at other positions, meaning we have to spend more to upgrade, then he does not deserve the money.  The elite QBs have weapons and good players around them but they also make those players around them better and therefore add value to the team.  Your wages go up as you add value.  Carr does not add enough value to get that much in my opinion.  He would not be the worst contract but I would not be happy about it.

37 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Elite QBs I am okay paying but the 10-15 range should not be getting mid 30's+.  $15-20 million could make a huge difference in the team if you have a good front office.  Easily upgrade a few positions from average players to pro bowlers.  If Carr took that pay cut and we spent it on the o-line we would go from 22nd to 4th in cap space dedicated to the o-line.  Not saying they would be the 4th best because that comes down to value and talent evaluation but it would give the front office the chance to upgrade.  This was my point about Carr.  If he is not capable of overcoming deficiencies at other positions, meaning we have to spend more to upgrade, then he does not deserve the money.  The elite QBs have weapons and good players around them but they also make those players around them better and therefore add value to the team.  Your wages go up as you add value.  Carr does not add enough value to get that much in my opinion.  He would not be the worst contract but I would not be happy about it.

Pretty sure Brady played on 25M per season to make sure the Bucs got the players they needed to compete for a SB title.  Carr should take a page from Brady's book and take 20M per season so we can surround him with the talent he needs to compete for a SB.  I know it's not going to happen but I really wish it would.

44 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Did you realize he lead the Raiders to the playoffs with nothing. If this year isn't overcoming adversity and  getting the most out of your players, then no QB has ever do it.