Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

On 2/13/2022 at 3:40 PM, Humble_Beast said:

breaking news on NFL Network. Raiders and DC are working on a new contract smile :)

Just saw this

Vincent Bonsignore of the Las Vegas Review-Journal reports that any extension for Raiders QB Derek Carr "would likely be in the $40m per season range."

"The sense is that no proposals have been exchanged yet on an extension," Bonsignore also says. When you factor in the salary cap going up, Carr is essentially asking for a Kirk Cousins deal. It's hard to say that he doesn't deserve it. The Raiders braintrust of Josh McDaniels and Dave Ziegler reportedly love Carr, so this should be something that gets done in the next month or so. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Brady not a Top QB, thanks for destroying all of your credibility on the forum. 

Raider fans will say the dumbest of things to prop up and protect Derek Carr, jesus christ. 

Dude look at is early Super Bowls and if you don't believe me how many HOFs was that defense.

2 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Dude look at is early Super Bowls and if you don't believe me how many HOFs was that defense.

Pats don’t win any of those Super Bowls with Drew Bledsoe. As for Brady’s 2014 and 2016 Championships, Brady was way more crucial to the Pats Championship than Bellichick or Defense. And the Bucs don’t sniff a Championship without Brady. He made that whole team better, and was the mastermind of the offensive scheme, not Arians. Even Arians admitted it was all Brady on offense and he was along for the ride. 

Brady is the GOAT and a straight up winner. And possesss skills Carr does not. Brady is probably the best QB under pressure of all time with an eye in the back of his head. He’s also the best QB going through progressions of all time. Carr loves to lock onto his first read. 

If you think Carr is anywhere close to QB Brady is, it’s not even worth typing a reply to, because we are not having an intelligent conversation, I’m just dealing with a Carr homer who will even go as far to downplay the GOAT in order to prop up his beloved Carr. 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

As for Brady’s 2014 and 2016 Championships, Brady was way more crucial to the Pats Championship than Bellichick or Defense. 

Why does BB never get any credit for shutting out one of the most explosive O in NFL history in the second half of the 2016 superbowl?
Was Bradys second half incredible yes! but if the falcons score once in the 2nd half the Pats dont win. 

That was one of the most impressive half time coaching adjustments in NFL history, and people just give BB no credit because Brady does it all himself. 

4 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Why does BB never get any credit for shutting out one of the most explosive O in NFL history in the second half of the 2016 superbowl?
Was Bradys second half incredible yes! but if the falcons score once in the 2nd half the Pats dont win. 

That was one of the most impressive half time coaching adjustments in NFL history, and people just give BB no credit because Brady does it all himself. 

Did you not watch that game? Shanahan made horrendous playcalls over and over in the 2nd half, and they kept making penalties at crucial moments. What Bellichick did is impressive, but if we are going to award someone the most credit it’s Brady and McDaniels. Literally 35 minutes of non stop perfect execution to win that game. Mostly Brady, cause he checked out of many plays. 

Edited by BayRaider

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Did you not watch that game? Shanahan made horrendous playcalls over and over in the 2nd half, and they kept making penalties at crucial moments. What Bellichick did is impressive, but if we are going to award someone the most credit it’s Brady and McDaniels. Literally 35 minutes of non stop perfect execution to win that game. Mostly Brady, cause he checked out of many plays. 

I definitely wont sit here and pretend to remember all the play calls. 
I do remember thinking WTF is Shanahan doing though, so I will give you that. 

But there is something to be said about a Defense making some playcalls look worse.
Did Brady check into his pick 6? 😉😆

But yes, he was literally perfect from 28-3 on. I have no problem saying the Pats dont win that game without TB or that he was more important then Bill. But way more crucial to BB is debatable. 

my last desperation point would be; well Bill drafted Brady, so technically anything Brady does also falls under BB. Without BB there is no Brady, and therefore Pats dont win that superbowl LOL (this was just a joke comment) 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Pats don’t win any of those Super Bowls with Drew Bledsoe. As for Brady’s 2014 and 2016 Championships, Brady was way more crucial to the Pats Championship than Bellichick or Defense. And the Bucs don’t sniff a Championship without Brady. He made that whole team better, and was the mastermind of the offensive scheme, not Arians. Even Arians admitted it was all Brady on offense and he was along for the ride. 

Brady is the GOAT and a straight up winner. And possesss skills Carr does not. Brady is probably the best QB under pressure of all time with an eye in the back of his head. He’s also the best QB going through progressions of all time. Carr loves to lock onto his first read. 

If you think Carr is anywhere close to QB Brady is, it’s not even worth typing a reply to, because we are not having an intelligent conversation, I’m just dealing with a Carr homer who will even go as far to downplay the GOAT in order to prop up his beloved Carr. 

1st off knows said he wasn't the GOAT he became a  much better passer after 30 than it was before.

1 hour ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Just saw this

Vincent Bonsignore of the Las Vegas Review-Journal reports that any extension for Raiders QB Derek Carr "would likely be in the $40m per season range."

"The sense is that no proposals have been exchanged yet on an extension," Bonsignore also says. When you factor in the salary cap going up, Carr is essentially asking for a Kirk Cousins deal. It's hard to say that he doesn't deserve it. The Raiders braintrust of Josh McDaniels and Dave Ziegler reportedly love Carr, so this should be something that gets done in the next month or so. 

I was hoping for around 35m but 40m a year makes sense 

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I was hoping for around 35m but 40m a year makes sense 

How does that make sense?  Only Mahomes, Allen, and Dak make $40.   Dak does not deserve it and he is better than Carr.

Yes the Cowboys were idiots to give him that deal.

Edited by drfrey13

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

How does that make sense?  Only Mahomes, Allen, and Dak make $40.   Dak does not deserve it and he is better than Carr.

Yes the Cowboys were idiots to give him that deal.

DC is better than Dak. When a Qb signs their deal, they always raise the price for QBs. don't you remember when DC was the highest paid QB. now his salary looks underpaid 

5 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

DC is better than Dak. When a Qb signs their deal, they always raise the price for QBs. don't you remember when DC was the highest paid QB. now his salary looks underpaid 

I will disagree with the Dak vs Carr debate but I could make an argument for Carr being better.  Does not change the fact that Dak is way overpaid also.  Neither is worth close to $40.  If it was not for how young Allen and Mahomes are I would have been hesitant to give them that much.  In ten years the Mahomes contract will be a bargain relative to other QBs but I do not want to give a single player 20% of the cap.