Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I think we keep Richard on a 2 year deal as a 3rd down back. Patriots used alot of RBs the past few years. I expect the top 3 to be Jacobs, Drake, and Richard 

Why pay Richard instead of picking someone cheaper and younger up later in the draft?

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

Richard is solid 3rd down scat back, a strong vet, and even can return. I don't think he will break the bank, he is a useful player. kinda Darren Sporles lite 

If he is cheap I would rather use the picks on other positions.  Only way I go draft for a 3rd RB is if they have zero interest in resigning Jacobs and Drake.

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Why pay Richard instead of picking someone cheaper and younger up later in the draft?

Pass protection

Everyone is missing the point with Richard. He's made his living being an expert pass blocking back on 3rd down. He gets the occasional big play with the ball in his hands, but his impact plays come in blitz pick up and buying Carr time. 

You can't just draft someone younger and cheaper and replace what he brings in pass pro. In fact, most rookies can't get on the field on 3rd down because they can't pass block.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Pass protection

Everyone is missing the point with Richard. He's made his living being an expert pass blocking back on 3rd down. He gets the occasional big play with the ball in his hands, but his impact plays come in blitz pick up and buying Carr time. 

You can't just draft someone younger and cheaper and replace what he brings in pass pro. In fact, most rookies can't get on the field on 3rd down because they can't pass block.

Your absolutely right!  Beat me to it.  Richard isn’t just out there on 3rd down cuz he can catch, pass pro is a very difficult thing to do and many young RBs struggle. Honestly, I think because of his smaller stature Richard’s pass protection skills are drastically overlooked.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Pass protection

Yep. How many key big pass plays had a nice richard block. The jets hail mary to ***** did.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Pass protection

I agree with this one. 

• Like 1

On 1/31/2022 at 9:53 AM, agarcia34 said:

Gus Bradley will interview with the Colts 

Gotta wish him the best of luck.  He did very well, far better then any of us every expected.  I wish we could have kept him but the new regime is right to bring their guy in.  I Also question how much better our Defense could have become under Gus.  I feel like We were close to maxing out.  His scheme is outdated and the league is moving to more 2 High Safeties and I think we’ll see more 3 safety packages in the next few years.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

Gotta wish him the best of luck.  He did very well, far better then any of us every expected.  I wish we could have kept him but the new regime is right to bring their guy in.  I Also question how much better our Defense could have become under Gus.  I feel like We were close to maxing out.  His scheme is outdated and the league is moving to more 2 High Safeties and I think we’ll see more 3 safety packages in the next few years.  

I think our personnel or lack of kinda limited what he could do on defense. He was bringing guys in from everywhere last second to fill spots. I wanted to see what he could do year 2. But it is what it is. 

• Like 2

Didn't want to start a new thread for this as I don't actually know if it's true...

Saw a headline that we hired former Bears DC Sean Desai, but the link on the article was non-existant.  Anyone in the know can confirm or deny if this is true?

If true, I wonder if that could influnce Akiem Hicks.  Would love to add him to the Silver and Black

Edited by 101Raider

12 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

Didn't want to start a new thread for this as I don't actually know if it's true...

Saw a headline that we hired former Bears DC Sean Desai, but the link on the article was non-existant.  Anyone in the know can confirm or deny if this is true?

If true, I wonder if that could influnce Akiem Hicks.  Would love to add him to the Silver and Black

Nothing official yet. Just rumors at this point in time.