Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

Wow props to giving Maxx more as it's saying what happened with Mack and Carr was Gruden and JMD's doing not US as an organization (Mark)  SMART move honestly and he deserves it but might help later when working others contracts. Will be interesting what happens with Adams contract after this season. 44 million is a lot of cheddar...With cheap QB's I could see them letting it ride unless he wants to extend it. 

On 5/24/2024 at 4:43 PM, G said:

Wow props to giving Maxx more as it's saying what happened with Mack and Carr was Gruden and JMD's doing not US as an organization (Mark)  SMART move honestly and he deserves it but might help later when working others contracts. Will be interesting what happens with Adams contract after this season. 44 million is a lot of cheddar...With cheap QB's I could see them letting it ride unless he wants to extend it. 

Really hoping the telesco AP experiment works. In some ways our least glamorous coach GM pairing in years and in that vein would be very fitting if it works out.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2024 at 7:43 PM, G said:

Maxx is worth every penny. He goes out of his way to help every DE  on that team you cannot underestimate that type of influence.

• Like 1

Random Raider (Forum Fans) Stuff.  We have the most posts for any team on this forum.  I remember us being 2nd or 3rd last time I checked.  Just goes to show we have the #1 fans.

23 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Really hoping the telesco AP experiment works. In some ways our least glamorous coach GM pairing in years and in that vein would be very fitting if it works out.

I can say this much:

If they fail, it will be because they just aren't cut out for their roles. 

That, imo, is the nature of the job. Not everyone is cut out for the full time role, some are better at being an assistant or key downstream cog. Happens to plenty of people I'd gladly welcome into the organization. 

What it won't be, for a change, is pure incompetence or driven by massive egos.

Gruden was cut out to be a HC and, arguably, even a GM. Our drafting was pretty lackluster but we were improving year over year (albeit slowly). Clearly there was something left in the tank. But I think Gruden's ego would have eventually gotten in the way. He was competent, but a massive ego. 

McDaniels was both incompetent and an ego from hell. Giving him and a sycophant the HC and GM roles was a stupid idea from the jump. He was already a proven disaster outside of the confines of New England, and it wasn't just the Denver experience. 

Telesco and Pierce harken back to McKenzie and Del Rio. McKenzie was competent enough, but no longer particularly effective. Del Rio was nearly ego-less but only somewhat effective as an X's and O's guy- which, considering his ample experience, shouldn't have been the case. They simply weren't cut out for their jobs anymore. That said, they left us far better than they found us as a duo.

Teams hope to improve over time. Sometimes that means a new regime picking up where another left off. I can appreciate that, and I think that's worse case scenario under the current regime. Heck of a lot better than ego or total incompetence leaving us a total rebuild. At the very least, if Telesco and AP flop in a couple of years, we shouldn't be going into a full multi-year rebuild. 

Not getting over the hump >>>>> not moving up the hill to begin with. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I can say this much:

If they fail, it will be because they just aren't cut out for their roles. 

That, imo, is the nature of the job. Not everyone is cut out for the full time role, some are better at being an assistant or key downstream cog. Happens to plenty of people I'd gladly welcome into the organization. 

What it won't be, for a change, is pure incompetence or driven by massive egos.

Gruden was cut out to be a HC and, arguably, even a GM. Our drafting was pretty lackluster but we were improving year over year (albeit slowly). Clearly there was something left in the tank. But I think Gruden's ego would have eventually gotten in the way. He was competent, but a massive ego. 

McDaniels was both incompetent and an ego from hell. Giving him and a sycophant the HC and GM roles was a stupid idea from the jump. He was already a proven disaster outside of the confines of New England, and it wasn't just the Denver experience. 

Telesco and Pierce harken back to McKenzie and Del Rio. McKenzie was competent enough, but no longer particularly effective. Del Rio was nearly ego-less but only somewhat effective as an X's and O's guy- which, considering his ample experience, shouldn't have been the case. They simply weren't cut out for their jobs anymore. That said, they left us far better than they found us as a duo.

Teams hope to improve over time. Sometimes that means a new regime picking up where another left off. I can appreciate that, and I think that's worse case scenario under the current regime. Heck of a lot better than ego or total incompetence leaving us a total rebuild. At the very least, if Telesco and AP flop in a couple of years, we shouldn't be going into a full multi-year rebuild. 

Not getting over the hump >>>>> not moving up the hill to begin with. 

Truly I am happy with the blend of youth/talent on this roster now. I just need us to get a young QB next offseason and I will fully buy in.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Truly I am happy with the blend of youth/talent on this roster now. I just need us to get a young QB next offseason and I will fully buy in.

Same.  I honestly think we are a QB, (and maybe a CB) away from competing for a playoff spot next year.  I have no idea where we're going to get our franchise QB, but man would it help to have one.  Hopefully AOC surprises us all and takes a huge step forward this year.  That would save us a lot of time (and money!!!).

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jerry said:

Same.  I honestly think we are a QB, (and maybe a CB) away from competing for a playoff spot next year.  I have no idea where we're going to get our franchise QB, but man would it help to have one.  Hopefully AOC surprises us all and takes a huge step forward this year.  That would save us a lot of time (and money!!!).

draft one in the first in 2025, unless AOC/Minshew ball out 

Edited by Humble_Beast

10 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

draft one in the first in 2025, unless AOC/Minshew ball out 

Easier said than done. If the team is middle of the pack as the look on paper, then you're not in reach to draft the top QBs.

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Easier said than done. If the team is middle of the pack as the look on paper, then you're not in reach to draft the top QBs.

We don’t have many holes and a balance roster, next year would be the year to trade up for a QB. Raiders Would have to move smart in free agency to improve the team due to lack of picks, but we would have plenty of cap space for 5 years with a rookie scale QB.