Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

9 hours ago, Totty said:

Q asked on his UR podcast what the reasonable expectations are for Tyree Wilson now that he has a season under his belt, he is healthy, and he has two CLASS act professionals in his ear? Thoughts?

Good question. I think rather than out and put statistics I’d like to see him improve things he’d struggled with. I want to see better hand usage and leverage, more explosion, really solid setting the edge and a counter move or two. He needs to show he has a pass rush plan as too many times this part season if he didn’t just bull rush his opponent that was it, he had no other ideas and that is quite concerning. He should be pretty much never double teamed so I do expect a step up in production too but for me, if he doesn’t really improve numbers but the eye test shows him being more active, forcing the QB into Crosby or Wilkins and not looking do laboured and slow out there that would be a start.

If I really had to guess stats, I’d say 5 or 6 sacks, maybe 40 combined tackles and a forced fumble or one or two impact plays would be steps in the right direction. He’s going to be splitting time so I don’t really expect eye popping stats and Koonce is the much more explosive, bendy, natural pass rusher.

• Like 2