Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, Chali21 said:

Odds are the Chiefs will run the score up which is more humiliating than just a loss. You talk like that there’s an expectation that you’ll back it up if you can’t it’ll look like a clown show. As opposed to a guy not saying anything and just grinding keeping expectations low for the first season. 

100%, KC will try to score against us. If we cant stop them, thats a bigger issue to me than AP talking. LOL. 
But the flip side of this, weve seen the Raiders compete against KC in the first half countless times... then something goes wrong, and they self implode...
part of that is because the players knew KC was better, and would find a way to win...
You need to believe you can beat them if you want to win.

Yes AP is over the top, I get some dont like it. But that is his style, he is our HC now.. he isnt going to change his style, as his style is what got him here, he isnt just going to stop now. 

Either get on board with it, or go cheer for some other team for 2 years until he gets fired.

43 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

100%, KC will try to score against us. If we cant stop them, thats a bigger issue to me than AP talking. LOL. 
But the flip side of this, weve seen the Raiders compete against KC in the first half countless times... then something goes wrong, and they self implode...
part of that is because the players knew KC was better, and would find a way to win...
You need to believe you can beat them if you want to win.

Yes AP is over the top, I get some dont like it. But that is his style, he is our HC now.. he isnt going to change his style, as his style is what got him here, he isnt just going to stop now. 

Either get on board with it, or go cheer for some other team for 2 years until he gets fired.

Honestly that's just KC. They are probably the best team in league at second half adjustments. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dante9876 said:

Honestly that's just KC. They are probably the best team in league at second half adjustments. 

fair, but weve blown our fair share of leads against other teams too. 
mindset / momentum is such a huge factor in the nfl... 
you look at the past brady patriot teams or KC now... and you see guys who just continue to fight because they know that with their QB they can come back against anyone. 

for the last 20+ years, weve been the opposite... we're leading but when something goes wrong, you can see the oh god here it goes again look on the sidelines. Its the same thing with the chargers. The teams just expect something bad to happen to them almost. 

Not something that is easy to change, and I believe weve been trending up the last couple seasons, but still long way to go on fully changing that. 

Unpopular opinion:

While Dave Ziegler gets a bad wrap because of being involved with McDoofus, he was pretty decent at the draft we had with him, and economical FA signings.  

Meyers, Spillane, Epps, Butler etc.  

The trade for Davante.  

Tyree (jury still out) Michael Mayer looks promising, Tucker brings some juice and excitement, Aiden 4th round rookie QB did really well.  

I'm not mad at Dave. You shouldn't be either.  

Edited by Totty
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, Totty said:

Unpopular opinion:

While Dave Ziegler gets a bad wrap because of being involved with McDoofus, he was pretty decent at the draft we had with him, and economical FA signings.  

The trade for Davante.  

Tyree (jury still out) Michael Mayer looks promising, Tucker brings some juice and excitement, Aiden 4th round rookie QB did really well.  

As with most GMs there is good and bad. The Chandler Jones signing and the Carr contract rank pretty poorly. But mostly he lost his job because he was a yes man for McDaniels and that Jimmy G situation cost them all. 

• Like 7

40 minutes ago, Totty said:

Unpopular opinion:

The trade for Davante.  

Took over a 10 win playoff team that proceeded to win 14 games combined in the 2 years he was here.

Gave Carr the NTC that stopped us from getting any value for him.

Gave out big deals to Waller / Renfrow that aged like milk.

Didn't invest any resources into the OL or defense.

Invested at a historical rate into skill position players.

Signed Jimmy G

Signed Chandler Jones

Traded Yannick for Rock Ya Sin

Outside of Parham and Mayer none of his draft picks project confidently as starters going forward.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Totty said:

Unpopular opinion:

The trade for Davante.  

Hang on a minute…….. didn’t he sign off on that utterly ridiculous Garoppolo contract?

Didn’t he sign an ageing Chandler Jones to a very big contract that backfired badly? 

Didn’t he get shot of Carr without any compensation, totally unacceptable to be left with nothing for a decent QB, I mean some people are talking about 2nd or 3rd round picks for Justin Flaming Fields!?!?!?

Didn’t he assemble the worst QB room in living memory?

Now, I appreciate he did some really nice things but we can’t give him credit for those without him taking responsibility for the terrible ones too. Or are we saying it was all McDaniels?

• Like 2

On 2/27/2024 at 9:30 AM, Totty said:

Unpopular opinion:

The trade for Davante.  

No one else mentioned this so I'll just add to why that opinion is certainly unpopular, he was terrible at addressing the DT position. 

Everyone else pretty much addressed all the other issues we had with him.  I'm glad he's gone.

On 2/27/2024 at 12:30 PM, Totty said:

Unpopular opinion:

The trade for Davante.  

He over paid for an Adams. It should’ve been a first and the third not a first and second.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I read a bunch of team report cards yesterday.  I think our grades are impacted by how much the players hated McDaniels.  I bet we'll be top 5 in even more categories next year.

• Like 1