Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

5 hours ago, dante9876 said:

I watched the whole thing and still thought it was cringy. He isn't an assistant coach or position coach anymore. You got the job players love you and most fans do to. Let's try to start being professional now. No need to say any of it. I know he mention mahommes cause he the best right now.

Saying you got to get to qbs isn't news. The mahommes rules is why it made news cause he comparing it to Jordan's rules. Pistons was doing dirty stuff when it came to Jordan rules. Now when crosby gets flag for an extra push or laying on mahommes to long, or just getting in his face, cause the head coach already said we going after him, and the league is going to tell refs to pay extra attention to it. Ap going to regret his comments.  

This isn't close to bounty gate though. That's clearly being over the top. I still want my head coach to chill on podcasts and try to just do more coach speak instead of talking like a linebacker all the time to get fans hype. 

It was lightweight cringy

imo comparing patty to Jordan is the ultimate compliment tho

esp seeing how patty and maxx are cool as competitors. Patty even requested maxx jersey after that Xmas  game.

I don’t think ap is just playing a role for fans he’s just the same every time since day one that’s just him even as a player dude is a machine 

Imo media tryna create a story I was more disappointed in the florio guy cause he was hella reaching with this

Edited by NCOUGHMAN
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

🤦🏽‍♂️
1) how many saw the interview not cut ups or 2nd hand reporting 

2) it’s wasn’t bounty material 

3) how does the nfls top 10 least penalized teams play dirty

4) every qb hates getting touched or pressured

5) some great man said something like the qb must go down and go down hard I forget who tho

1) Saw the whole interview. Again, why poke the bear? They are back to back champs and you want to discuss publicly having "Jordan rules" for Mahomes in which you know they are listening? Dumb. 

2) Agree, wasn't bounty material.

3) Who said they do?

4) Sure, so talk about that, don't call out a rivals QB who happens to be the best in the game. 

5) Yup, he didn't say "Terry Bradshaw must go down hard". He generalized. It was a core identity for his teams.

You have to be in the dark if you don't think Mahomes and KC read the headlines, hear him talking nonsense and will remember that come September. Don't be shocked when it comes back on them. They poked the bear, now AP has to back it up. And he will now get their A game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

1) Saw the whole interview. Again, why poke the bear? They are back to back champs and you want to discuss publicly having "Jordan rules" for Mahomes in which you know they are listening? Dumb. 

2) Agree, wasn't bounty material.

3) Who said they do?

4) Sure, so talk about that, don't call out a rivals QB who happens to be the best in the game. 

5) Yup, he didn't say "Terry Bradshaw must go down hard". He generalized. It was a core identity for his teams.

You have to be in the dark if you don't think Mahomes and KC read the headlines, hear him talking nonsense and will remember that come September. Don't be shocked when it comes back on them. They poked the bear, now AP has to back it up. And he will now get their A game. 

Poked the bear? Y’all so dam scary I sware lol

Naw we whooped that bears arse without a mf offense in December in their house. While making patty look like a shook lil b and having kelce throwing helmets like a swiftly having period cramps.

Sure you have to back it up. We play them twice a year. It’s always been a rough and tough rivalry. It’s football not freeze tag.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Poked the bear? Y’all so dam scary I sware lol

Naw we whooped that bears arse without a mf offense in December in their house. While making patty look like a shook lil b and having kelce throwing helmets like a swiftly having period cramps.

Sure you have to back it up. We play them twice a year. It’s always been a rough and tough rivalry. It’s football not freeze tag.

And they went on to win another Super Bowl. What did amount to for the Raiders?

Has nothing to do with being scared. Has everything to do with giving them extra motivation when they are already a superior team. 

AP has been talking all offseason and he quite frankly doesn't have the dogs for these fights consistently. Like be real, you're going to look like a clown with all this talk when you don't have the players to back it up. 

Bottom line, there better be action. Because all these platitudes are going to look real dumb if you have a 7-8 win season and miss the playoffs.  

19 hours ago, raidr4life said:

And our guy only threw 23 in 2021 which was the fewest of the playoff teams, which again proves Jacobs carried that team and the defense benefited from a soft schedule down the stretch.

Nothing about 2021 was sustainable with that roster.  We clearly were going to need to improve at several positions if we wanted to make a run in 2022.  Obviously we made all the wrong moves.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Warren Sharp is my spirit animal

Exactly. AP needs to stop pandering. You're not going to touch the league's golden boy. So again....why poke the bear?

This AP experiment is going to go exactly as you'd expect. You can see it coming from a mile away. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

🤦🏽‍♂️

5) some great man said something like the qb must go down and go down hard I forget who tho

Dude is a corn ball who learned his coaching personality from Friday Night Lights, Mahomes going to go off against us and send him back to the HS ranks

20 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

🤦🏽‍♂️

5) Yes, AP is the next Al Davis based on getting fired by a HS, college, and within 2 years an NFL team.

Meh, the AP talk doesn't bug me all that much. That's who he is, it's what he is about. This isn't a regular, clean cut, uber-professional HC. AP is the complete opposite and him talking trash and being aggressive is his MO.

It worked as a player, it mostly worked as an interim HC and we'll see if it works as a full-time HC.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

And they went on to win another Super Bowl. What did amount to for the Raiders?

Has nothing to do with being scared. Has everything to do with giving them extra motivation when they are already a superior team. 

AP has been talking all offseason and he quite frankly doesn't have the dogs for these fights consistently. Like be real, you're going to look like a clown with all this talk when you don't have the players to back it up. 

Bottom line, there better be action. Because all these platitudes are going to look real dumb if you have a 7-8 win season and miss the playoffs.  

We have to beat kc to get to the playoffs it is what it is. Imo it’s good balanced love hate relationship with kc. We praise them constantly because they’re good and nobody says anything but we hate them cause they’re in our way to being great. Can’t kiss azz 24 hrs a day. And yes we have to be about that action next year.  Doesn’t mean we have to be scared to poke the bear lol. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Meh, the AP talk doesn't bug me all that much. That's who he is, it's what he is about. This isn't a regular, clean cut, uber-professional HC. AP is the complete opposite and him talking trash and being aggressive is his MO.

It worked as a player, it mostly worked as an interim HC and we'll see if it works as a full-time HC.

Agree. Bit petty to be getting wound up about him doing a little fighting talk.

Him speaking in this way won’t be the reason for his success or failure. It’s sure to fire up his players and will probably endear him to players outside the organisation honestly.

His success/failure will be on whether he and the FO can draft a franchise QB, bring in a couple of difference makers for the defense through FA, improve the young players through having picked the right coaches, plan for their opponent and manage game day. Not getting a bit fired up in an interview…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

He's puffing out his chest for beating a bunch of bad backup QBs, dude is going to flame out immediately and it will be epic.

16 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He's puffing out his chest for beating a bunch of bad backup QBs, dude is going to flame out immediately and it will be epic.

The nightmare scenario.  It can happen.  I hope it doesn't.

28 minutes ago, reddevil said:

His success/failure will be on whether he and the FO can draft a franchise QB, bring in a couple of difference makers for the defense through FA, improve the young players through having picked the right coaches, plan for their opponent and manage game day. Not getting a bit fired up in an interview…

Precisely this. 🙂