Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

9 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Absolutely! In 2021 our former QB was 5th in yards top 5, but out of the top 10 he had 23 td's which was the least of the top 10. The next best was 33td's, thats 10 more, and multiple guys had over 40. Bottom line you need td's not fg's to win consistently.

On 2/19/2024 at 7:35 AM, Jerry said:

If we want to win consistently, we need a QB that can put up 34 TDs per season (2 TDs per game).

That’s what I think. Hopefully one of those guys can do that for us.

I am not saying our QB play this year was better than Carr but looking at bulk stats does not tell the whole story.  I did not watch the Saints much this year so I can not speak about what he did but while he was here his play hurt the team as well as it helped.  Maybe it is bad luck or a lack of something but Carr tends to hurt teams with how he plays.  When he is on he looks phenomenal but when he is not he will single handedly blow up a game for the team.  There is also a psychological factor at play.  Just like this was a different team after JMD was fired this was a different team after the early parts of 2017.  I just think a lot of guys did not want to run through a brickwall for him.

CMP ATT YDS CMP% AVG TD INT LNG SACK RTG QBR
Carr 21.75 37.44 204 58.1 5.5 1.31 0.75 77 1.50 47.9 42.1
O'Connell 19.36 31.18 202 62.1 6.5 1.09 0.64 50 2.18 83.9 40.5

I personally think AOC can get to Carr's level and does not have the injury or 2017 situation.  If you were a Carr fan AOC looks very comparable to Carr his rookie year based on per game bulk stats which I do not like using.  AOC had better weapons but Carr had better coaches and line.

8 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I am not saying our QB play this year was better than Carr but looking at bulk stats does not tell the whole story.  I did not watch the Saints much this year so I can not speak about what he did but while he was here his play hurt the team as well as it helped.  Maybe it is bad luck or a lack of something but Carr tends to hurt teams with how he plays.  When he is on he looks phenomenal but when he is not he will single handedly blow up a game for the team.  There is also a psychological factor at play.  Just like this was a different team after JMD was fired this was a different team after the early parts of 2017.  I just think a lot of guys did not want to run through a brickwall for him.

CMP ATT YDS CMP% AVG TD INT LNG SACK RTG QBR
Carr 21.75 37.44 204 58.1 5.5 1.31 0.75 77 1.50 47.9 42.1
O'Connell 19.36 31.18 202 62.1 6.5 1.09 0.64 50 2.18 83.9 40.5

I personally think AOC can get to Carr's level and does not have the injury or 2017 situation.  If you were a Carr fan AOC looks very comparable to Carr his rookie year based on per game bulk stats which I do not like using.  AOC had better weapons but Carr had better coaches and line.

Carr literally had next to nothing going for him his rookie season.  We had no talent, nothing.  That team was the biggest turd of a team we've had over the past 10 years other than Gruden's first season.  O'Connell had way more talent on the offense than Carr did his rookie season.  

As for the actual stats, I did watch a lot of the Saints games to see how Carr would do.  Kamara was trash (look at the stats).  The OL play was abysmal over the first half of the season.  Michael Thomas went down with injury and was the biggest diva WR in the NFL this year after he went on IR (deactivated his Twitter).  Defense was hit-or-miss.  So, Carr deals with injuries because the OL can't hold for more than 1 second and we're acting like he should've just gone in there and carried a mediocre offense.  Could've won the Green Bay game if he hadn't been knocked out of it (up 17-0 before Jameis Winston flopped and let GB comeback to win it).  

But it's whatever.  Would've, could've, should've, but didn't.  Either way, we should move on from AOC the way we moved on from Carr.  If you don't have a QB that can beat Mahomes, you aren't winning the SB.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jerry said:

Carr literally had next to nothing going for him his rookie season.  We had no talent, nothing.  That team was the biggest turd of a team we've had over the past 10 years other than Gruden's first season.  O'Connell had way more talent on the offense than Carr did his rookie season.  

As for the actual stats, I did watch a lot of the Saints games to see how Carr would do.  Kamara was trash (look at the stats).  The OL play was abysmal over the first half of the season.  Michael Thomas went down with injury and was the biggest diva WR in the NFL this year after he went on IR (deactivated his Twitter).  Defense was hit-or-miss.  So, Carr deals with injuries because the OL can't hold for more than 1 second and we're acting like he should've just gone in there and carried a mediocre offense.  Could've won the Green Bay game if he hadn't been knocked out of it (up 17-0 before Jameis Winston flopped and let GB comeback to win it).  

But it's whatever.  Would've, could've, should've, but didn't.  Either way, we should move on from AOC the way we moved on from Carr.  If you don't have a QB that can beat Mahomes, you aren't winning the SB.

I would take Carr's O-line over this years like I said.  As for Carr I saw him to many times allow other teams back in it with his play.  Carr is easily a better QB than AOC right now but my point was he has a chance to grow into a pre 2017 Carr level.  Even though he did not have a great game our team did beat KC this year.

On 2/19/2024 at 3:35 PM, Jerry said:

If we want to win consistently, we need a QB that can put up 34 TDs per season (2 TDs per game).

That’s what I think. Hopefully one of those guys can do that for us.

Isn’t that a pretty exclusive club of guys capable of doing it consistently? You’re pretty much saying get a HoF QB (which obviously we all want)? For reference, here’s how many QBs threw for 34+ TDs in each season;

1 in 2023,

3 in 2022,

7 in 2021,

6 in 2020,

1 in 2019,

5 in 2018

Less than 4 per year is a pretty high standard if you’re expecting that every year.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Isn’t that a pretty exclusive club of guys capable of doing it consistently? You’re pretty much saying get a HoF QB (which obviously we all want)? For reference, here’s how many QBs threw for 34+ TDs in each season;

1 in 2023,

3 in 2022,

7 in 2021,

6 in 2020,

1 in 2019,

5 in 2018

Less than 4 per year is a pretty high standard if you’re expecting that every year.

I'm just stating the obvious.  If we want to win a championship, or to be perennial playoff contenders, we need a QB that can be top 5 in TDs just about every season.  I looked at the 2021 season and only one of those QBs didn't make the playoffs (Justin Herbert LMFAO).  I'm sure if I looked at the rest of the QBs who hit 34 TDs, they're probably all in the playoffs.  

2 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I'm just stating the obvious.  If we want to win a championship, or to be perennial playoff contenders, we need a QB that can be top 5 in TDs just about every season.  I looked at the 2021 season and only one of those QBs didn't make the playoffs (Justin Herbert LMFAO).  I'm sure if I looked at the rest of the QBs who hit 34 TDs, they're probably all in the playoffs.  

True, but I’d probably have a slightly less onerous wish list.

I’d like a QB who is good on 3rd down, has enough arm to push the ball down field, decent pocket awareness, efficient in the red zone and can use his legs at times when needed.

If we can complement that with a top 12 defence then we’ll definitely be a threat I reckon. 

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

And our guy only threw 23 in 2021 which was the fewest of the playoff teams, which again proves Jacobs carried that team and the defense benefited from a soft schedule down the stretch.

1 hour ago, SimonGruber said:

This could be a repeat of when Gruden’s squad took the victory lap around Arrowhead lol 

45 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Why poke the bear? 

AP is going to look like a complete clown if they don't win. Dude needs to shut up already. Been running his mouth all off season trying to pander to fans.

Bro really going on a press tour talking so much smack, when do great coaches ever do that? I don't remember seeing it from McVay, Reid, Bill, etc. Like @big_palooka if the team isn't playoff level next year he is going to look like a clown.

🤦🏽‍♂️
1) how many saw the interview not cut ups or 2nd hand reporting 

2) it’s wasn’t bounty material 

3) how does the nfls top 10 least penalized teams play dirty

4) every qb hates getting touched or pressured

5) some great man said something like the qb must go down and go down hard I forget who tho

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

🤦🏽‍♂️

5) some great man said something like the qb must go down and go down hard I forget who tho

Glad you mentioned this.  I’m at fault too. Read the headlines and immediately thought of how cringy that statement was and how it’s going to be anti-Raider fodder all off-season 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

🤦🏽‍♂️

I watched the whole thing and still thought it was cringy. He isn't an assistant coach or position coach anymore. You got the job players love you and most fans do to. Let's try to start being professional now. No need to say any of it. I know he mention mahommes cause he the best right now.

Saying you got to get to qbs isn't news. The mahommes rules is why it made news cause he comparing it to Jordan's rules. Pistons was doing dirty stuff when it came to Jordan rules. Now when crosby gets flag for an extra push or laying on mahommes to long, or just getting in his face, cause the head coach already said we going after him, and the league is going to tell refs to pay extra attention to it. Ap going to regret his comments.  

This isn't close to bounty gate though. That's clearly being over the top. I still want my head coach to chill on podcasts and try to just do more coach speak instead of talking like a linebacker all the time to get fans hype. 

• Like 1