Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, Jerry said:

Pretty sure Brady played on 25M per season to make sure the Bucs got the players they needed to compete for a SB title.  Carr should take a page from Brady's book and take 20M per season so we can surround him with the talent he needs to compete for a SB.  I know it's not going to happen but I really wish it would.

I can not speak about Carr's motives with money.  Most players that is the #1 or #2 motivator but Carr could be different.  We shall wait and see but if he is smart and truly loves football he goes the Brady route.  Even at $10 million a year he should be able to take care of the next 20 generations with good financial planning.

2 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Did you realize he lead the Raiders to the playoffs with nothing. If this year isn't overcoming adversity and  getting the most out of your players, then no QB has ever do it.

He was seen as the leader because he was the QB but his production fell off a cliff.  He need not carry us to the playoffs.  Carlson, Covid, and Anthony Brown were our MVPs.  Not saying he did not face a tough task but he had 11 TDs and and 14 TOs the final 10 games of the season.  Not counting extra points Carlson accounted for 78 points the last 10 games and Carr 66 points.  His production was bottom 12 in the league after the Eagles game.  Like I said it was not all on him but he deserves some of the blame and he sure did not put us on his shoulders and carry us to the playoffs.  Carrs averages after Rugg's was arrested were 253 yards, 1.1 TDs, and 1.5 TOs per game.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Did you realize he lead the Raiders to the playoffs with nothing. If this year isn't overcoming adversity and  getting the most out of your players, then no QB has ever do it.

You gotta be kidding me. Carr was average at BEST his final six games. Below average is better. Sure he played well the final few minutes but he was not good to end the season again. We averaged 17 points a game. We made the playoffs with defense the final six games and facing a few teams with COVID limitations. 

Idk how people could think we can’t afford to pay Carr 35M or so.   How much do we waste every year on 1-2 scrubs like Nassib or Kwiatkowski?  

you can afford to pay your QB but it means you can’t frivolously pay backups big money.  We can afford to extend Crosby, Renfrow, etc if we do so early and before they hit the open market.  We’ll just have to fill out the roster with value-based veteran signings in FA.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Idk how people could think we can’t afford to pay Carr 35M or so.   How much do we waste every year on 1-2 scrubs like Nassib or Kwiatkowski?  

you can afford to pay your QB but it means you can’t frivolously pay backups big money.  We can afford to extend Crosby, Renfrow, etc if we do so early and before they hit the open market.  We’ll just have to fill out the roster with value-based veteran signings in FA.

You shouldn’t pay a QB 35M unless he’s great. Carr is not great. Good, far from great. And I don’t think a Non-Raider fan would put Carr in the Top 10. He’s not a Top 10 QB. 

Like I said before, unless you’re Tom god damn Brady, winning a Super Bowl usually happens with great QB’s on Rookie Contracts. We could see it yet again this Sunday with Joe Burrow. 

21 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You shouldn’t pay a QB 35M unless he’s great. Carr is not great. Good, far from great. And I don’t think a Non-Raider fan would put Carr in the Top 10. He’s not a Top 10 QB. 

Like I said before, unless you’re Tom god damn Brady, winning a Super Bowl usually happens with great QB’s on Rookie Contracts. We could see it yet again this Sunday with Joe Burrow. 

have you seen what wentz,cousins, tannehil, and ryan are getting paid? have you seen what kyler is asking for and he is not top 10 to me. Carr is better than all those guys at this point 35m would be a team friendly deal i’m sure his agent can push for 40m if they wanted to, if carr takes anything from 30-35m that’s a steal for us the cap is going up and so is the market for premium positions 

2 minutes ago, Edz209 said:

have you seen what wentz,cousins, tannehil, and ryan are getting paid? have you seen what kyler is asking for and he is not top 10 to me. 

Those teams have effectively handicapped themselves and likely will not sniff a Super Bowl. Do you really want to handicap us by paying 35M to a non Top 10 QB and being “stuck” at least the next four years?

Also the Cards would be dumb as hell to pay Kyler that kind of money right now. He needs to prove for once he can stay healthy at least 16 out of 17 games, and have a Top 7-8 QB season. 

Just now, Edz209 said:

like somebody mentioned above if we can pay littleton,kwit,ferrell,nassib all that money to do nothing i’m totally fine paying Carr 35m 

This is not good logic. This is basically similar to the logic of “We can’t let Carr walk because of the QB’s we had from 2003-2011”. 

Stop comparing future decisions to past mistakes. None of those players should of been paid, but neither should Carr. If Carr wants to take a discount of 25-27M, I’d give him an extension. But at 35M? When we haven’t even seen if he can be a success in McDaniel’s scheme? Just one of the dumbest business decisions possible. I wouldn’t put it past this franchise though. 

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

exactly. can't be spending big day 1 or 2 on backups.... spend if its a difference maker, or find value in free agency 

12 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

This is not good logic. This is basically similar to the logic of “We can’t let Carr walk because of the QB’s we had from 2003-2011”. 

Stop comparing future decisions to past mistakes. None of those players should of been paid, but neither should Carr. If Carr wants to take a discount of 25-27M, I’d give him an extension. But at 35M? When we haven’t even seen if he can be a success in McDaniel’s scheme? Just one of the dumbest business decisions possible. I wouldn’t put it past this franchise though. 

what i’m trying to clarify is the market is dictating what he should be paid which is 35-38m not that i think he’s worth that but that’s what the market is dictating 

3 minutes ago, Edz209 said:

what i’m trying to clarify is the market is dictating what he should be paid which is 35-38m not that i think he’s worth that but that’s what the market is dictating 

We don’t have to agree with the market. You don’t have to pay your QB. There is no set rule that you need to pay your QB. Don’t FOMO. Teams that have paid a Non Top 10 QB have literally failed miserably and regret it big time. 

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

if you don't think DC is worth 35m, you are clueless 

I don't think he's worth it and I like DC.  I think he's worth closer to 30M.  I also hope he signs for even less (20-25M) so we can sign some FAs that can help us seriously compete for the playoffs (similar to what Brady did in TB on his 25M per season contract).

28 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I don't think he's worth it and I like DC.  I think he's worth closer to 30M.  I also hope he signs for even less (20-25M) so we can sign some FAs that can help us seriously compete for the playoffs (similar to what Brady did in TB on his 25M per season contract).

lmao. thats the money Brady took in his mid 40s