Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, FloydFan said:

Leal is so far my favorite DT in this draft so I’m about it. I like Faalele but think he may go higher than our second pick. I think he could rock the PBS McDaniels likes. Like Smith too but feel he may sneak into the second by the end of it all. 

Yeah, I'm not sure Leal makes it to our first round pick and Faalele may be a first round pick after the combine. Smith also could elevate his stock with a strong showing at the Senior Bowl.

Just now, NYRaider said:

Yeah, I'm not sure Leal makes it to our first round pick and Faalele may be a first round pick after the combine. Smith also could elevate his stock with a strong showing at the Senior Bowl.

I’m hoping we go Dotson or Leal in the first. Rest is a crapshoot at this point but I think between those guys we can get one in the first. 

3 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

I’m hoping we go Dotson or Leal in the first. Rest is a crapshoot at this point but I think between those guys we can get one in the first. 

I'd be stoked with either guy depending on what moves we make in free agency. Leal would probably be my #1 if he's there though, we've needed a disruptive 3T forever. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I'd be stoked with either guy depending on what moves we make in free agency. Leal would probably be my #1 if he's there though, we've needed a disruptive 3T forever. 

Leal is my 1a. I can’t remember our last truly elite 3T. If we could just grab one that was top tier like Seymour it would make Crosby and Yannick unstoppable. 

5 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

I’d love that. I’m on pins and needles about the DC hire. Need to really nail that for McD to get a good start. Give some reassurance to folks with anxieties. 

I'd be cool with Jarrod Mayo as our DC and Joe Judge as our special teams coach.

• Like 1

Just now, FloydFan said:

I’d love Mayo albeit he may be a one year guy if the D performs well. That’s a risk you take with anyone though. 

Mayo is clearly pretty respected across the league as he got a few HC interviews, IIRC. He has worked with McDaniels for the last 8 years so there's a ton of familiarity there. Not to mention Mark already had a chance to sit down and chat with him last week. I think our DC position will be appealing to Mayo and other candidates as McDaniels seems to be someone that will focus almost exclusively on the offense and hand the reigns of the defense to his DC.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Mayo is clearly pretty respected across the league as he got a few HC interviews, IIRC. He has worked with McDaniels for the last 8 years so there's a ton of familiarity there. Not to mention Mark already had a chance to sit down and chat with him last week. I think our DC position will be appealing to Mayo and other candidates as McDaniels seems to be someone that will focus almost exclusively on the offense and hand the reigns of the defense to his DC.

Oh no doubt. It is set up to be a great position for a DC that wants to showcase their ability to lead a whole aspect of a team. I think worry is that if Mayo takes it and the D kills it he is out to a head coaching gig next year because he is already close. That is however, a good problem to have. He is my ideal choice for a few reasons. I’m a big fan. Ever since his days playing LB at UT. Dude has always been a baller. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

Oh no doubt. It is set up to be a great position for a DC that wants to showcase their ability to lead a whole aspect of a team. I think worry is that if Mayo takes it and the D kills it he is out to a head coaching gig next year because he is already close. That is however, a good problem to have. He is my ideal choice for a few reasons. I’m a big fan. Ever since his days playing LB at UT. Dude has always been a baller. 

If Mayo has the defense balling out to the point he's getting head coaching offers after one season, I'll take it, lol.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The fact that Greg Olson was our OC for such a long period of time and never got any head coaching looks was pretty telling, lol.

offense good despite him. his rz calls were awful.. shotgun runs.. no real motion sigh

• Like 1