Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, Trojan said:

Looks like Alex Leatherwood is taking his career seriously and spending offseason working with one of the best private OL coaches Duane "Duke" Manyweather.

Hope he can rebound under the new staff. The former staff had no business drafting him at 17 (good for his bank account however). But then starting him day 1 on the right side, when he'd played left. Then giving up 4 weeks in and switching him to OG. Staff was clueless about how to build up rookie players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trojan said:

Looks like Alex Leatherwood is taking his career seriously and spending offseason working with one of the best private OL coaches Duane "Duke" Manyweather.

That name sounds familiar he has a lineman camp for high schoolers too hold up lemme look him up

-yup didn’t know he worked with nfl guys tho interesting 

the 1v1s leatherwood vs high schoolers should be fun to watch just kidding lol

Edited by NCOUGHMAN
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

That name sounds familiar he has a lineman camp for high schoolers too hold up lemme look him up

-yup didn’t know he worked with nfl guys tho interesting 

the 1v1s leatherwood vs high schoolers should be fun to watch just kidding lol

He works with a lot of the best linemen, Terron Armstead has gone to him for years.

anyone else think Edwards might break out this year. All the focus will be on Adams and Waller. So now he will be getting 1 on 1s and won't be facing the best corner. He might not have put up the best numbers, but he was kinda our WR1 after the Ruggs incident and faced the best CBS. Last year was basically his rookie year too, usually wideouts make a jump in year 2-3 

Edited by Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

anyone else think Edwards might break out this year. All the focus will be on Adams and Waller. So now he will be getting 1 on 1s and won't be facing the best corner. He might not have put up the best numbers, but he was kinda our WR1 after the Ruggs incident and faced the best CBS. Last year was basically his rookie year too, usually wideouts make a jump in year 2-3 

I thought Edwards had the potential to breakout and have a nice year before all these trades and signings.  I feel like he was horribly miscast and underused last season.  
From purely a production standpoint, the thing that concerns me now is the diminishing targets or opportunity for targets with Adams now.  Carr threw the 5th most passed in 2022: 626 attempts (Brady-719, Herbert-672, Mahomes-658, Allen-646).  At most I think Carr has 650 attempts in 2022.  I could see the targets spreading out like …. Adams: 160, Waller: 120, Renfrow: 110.  I think Edwards, if he improves to be the outside WR2 we need him to be, will see something like 70-80 targets.  For comparison sake, Zay Jones had 70 and Edwards had 59 targets last season.  80 targets with a 66% catch rate comes out to 53 catches… I could see that totaling 700-875 yards, depending on YPC, which he’s averaged a very impressive 17.5 and 16.8 his rookie and sophomore seasons.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I thought Edwards had the potential to breakout and have a nice year before all these trades and signings.  I feel like he was horribly miscast and underused last season.  
From purely a production standpoint, the thing that concerns me now is the diminishing targets or opportunity for targets with Adams now.  Carr threw the 5th most passed in 2022: 626 attempts (Brady-719, Herbert-672, Mahomes-658, Allen-646).  At most I think Carr has 650 attempts in 2022.  I could see the targets spreading out like …. Adams: 160, Waller: 120, Renfrow: 110.  I think Edwards, if he improves to be the outside WR2 we need him to be, will see something like 70-80 targets.  For comparison sake, Zay Jones had 70 and Edwards had 59 targets last season.  80 targets with a 66% catch rate comes out to 53 catches… I could see that totaling 700-875 yards, depending on YPC, which he’s averaged a very impressive 17.5 and 16.8 his rookie and sophomore seasons.  

Yeah, I expect the targets to be hard to come by. I think he can have alot of TDS and a few really good games.... I think he can be a solid WR2 for us. Plus our play calling will be so much better with McDaniels over Greg Olsen

11 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Yeah, I expect the targets to be hard to come by. I think he can have alot of TDS and a few really good games.... I think he can be a solid WR2 for us. Plus our play calling will be so much better with McDaniels over Greg Olsen

Ugh Olsen was trash.  It’ll be interesting to see if we bring in a deep threat.  While Edwards can be a deep threat himself he’s more of a sidelines Route runner.  We could definitely use a smaller, fast WR to attack the deep routes differently then Edwards’ strengths.  

Edit:  btw, I’m not saying Tyron Johnson is going to be a breakout player for sure but I think he could do some nice things next year if he gets snaps.

I think Adam’s can show/teach Edwards a lot.  I’d to see more physicality from Edwards on a consistent basis, be a bully like Adam’s.  

Edited by jimkelly02
  • Like 1