Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

That's an interesting one with Hobbs, I have some reservations in that if he played really well in the slot I'd like to see him there and not disrupt his development but we also have to factor in that an outside corner is of more value so if he can play there that is great for the team.

At this moment it looks like Mullen, Ya Sin and Averette are outside corners and we've had so many issues with slot corners over the last few years it's good to have at least one spot nailed down with a good, reliable starter. Hope our coaches know what they're doing if they do move him but as you say, we have to have more belief in them than that fraudulent DC Guenther.

Doesn't Averrett play SCB?

23 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Doesn't Averrett play SCB?

When I watched the Ravens he was playing outside and getting burned, but I only watched them 3 or 4 games. I think he had one really good game and Humphreys and him were outside. Smith played sparingly on specific matchups from what I saw, maybe he moved around in other games?

On 3/31/2022 at 12:59 PM, NYRaider said:

Mullen is someone that I could see being traded on draft day after we just traded for Rock Ya and McDaniels comments on Hobbs potentially playing outside CB this season. 

You keep saying this and people have to keep pointing out that Graham would like to have plenty of good CB's so why would you trade a decent CB on a cheap contract

• Like 1

Just now, raidr4life said:

You keep saying this and people have to keep pointing out that Graham would like to have plenty of good CB's so why would you trade a decent CB on a cheap contract

Because we just traded for Rock Ya Shin, signed Averette, and McDaniels suggested that Hobbs could start on the outside. I don't view Mullen as a NCB and he's one of the few players we could trade and probably get decent value back. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Because we just traded for Rock Ya Shin, signed Averette, and McDaniels suggested that Hobbs could start on the outside. I don't view Mullen as a NCB and he's one of the few players we could trade and probably get decent value back. 

They might look at Hobbs outside but honestly Hobbs should stay where he was. YA Sin, Hobbs, Mullen are our strongest 3.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Also Averett is just so so but he's really fast he was most likely the guy who was going to keep up will Hill with help of course but Hill is now gone.

Just now, raidr4life said:

Also Averett is just so so but he's really fast he was most likely the guy who was going to keep up will Hill with help of course but Hill is now gone.

Hopefully Mullen can stay healthy for us this year, he has flashed but just hasn't ever been able to put it together.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

crazy how the Raiders gm say Brandon Parker is an ascending player. I don't see it

Yeah, me either.  He’s gotta believe it though given the fact that he paid Parker 3.5M, which isn’t a lot but look around at all the other signings we have made…. There all vet minimum or darn near it plus some measly less than 500k in different type of bonuses.

my only guess is they believe Parker has ability but was held back by Tom Cable.  

Edited by jimkelly02

2 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Yeah, me either.  He’s gotta believe it though given the fact that he paid Parker 3.5M, which isn’t a lot but look around at all the other signings we have made…. There all vet minimum or darn near it plus some measly less than 500k in different type of bonuses.

my only guess is they believe Parker has ability but was held back by Tom Cable.  

Parker's getting almost three times what Hankins is 🤔😬

I think it was @NCOUGHMAN that posted about him showing promise over the last couple games and I sure hope he's right........