Star Wars Episode I is the best of the Prequels

MKnight82

1 hour ago, mission27 said:

Tbh I suspect some day Episode 1 will be viewed very favorably. 

Its like the On Her Majesty's Secret Service of the Star Wars movies.  People couldn't handle the next level 3d chess of intergalactic diplomacy and jedi biochem, they were like BRING BACK THE CAMP, which Lucas did to a certain extent with attack of the clones.  Some day people will realize Phanton M is among the best Star Wars movies.

It's been 20 years and it's still a bad movie....the prequels overall have more or less been upgraded from "oh my god they're awful" to "oh ok I can accept this because I grew up with it"

I forgot about the clone wars animated movie counting as a movie so like that's like 15 star wars movies in total. PM is barely above the Ewok movies in terms of quality.

2 hours ago, mission27 said:

Tbh I suspect some day Episode 1 will be viewed very favorably. 

Its like the On Her Majesty's Secret Service of the Star Wars movies.  People couldn't handle the next level 3d chess of intergalactic diplomacy and jedi biochem, they were like BRING BACK THE CAMP, which Lucas did to a certain extent with attack of the clones.  Some day people will realize Phanton M is among the best Star Wars movies.

This has about as much chance of happening as Matt Barkley ever being considered a good NFL QB.   

• 2 months later...
On 12/21/2018 at 1:14 PM, MKnight82 said:

Disagree, Episode II is far and away the worst Star Wars movie IMO.  

I'm going to come out and say it...Return Of The Jedi is the worst Star Wars movie.  It is a jumbled slap together mess.  Its only saving grace was Luke and Vader's light saber duel and Princess Leia's iconic bikini.  

As for Phantom Menace I like it mainly because it was the first SW movie I ever saw.  The more I got into The Galaxy Far Away I could see why the fans who grew up with the OT, before Ep I came out, disliked it but it was my first introduction to the franchise so it will always hold a special place in my heart for it.

Truth is both PM and AOTC are about equal.  They were both just set ups for Revenge Of The Siths which redeem the PT.  And all three films had magnificent saber battles.  You have to give them credit for that over the Originals.

But regardless of anything ROTJ is some hot steaming rubbish and I would take Menace or Clones over it without a moments hesitation.

Archived